Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The story of Xi'Kalra

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: The story of Xi'Kalra Reply with quote

Chapter 1: The First Dream.

Xi’Kalra stumbled into the village shaman’s tent, tenderly caring for the deep wound at his hip, baffled by the emptiness the tent threw back at him. As empty as the tent was, so became the hope of survival in Xi’Kalra’s heart. With one last glimpse, he fell hard into the pit of emptiness, submerged in a sea of black, uncaring as to whether or not he survived.

It hit Xi’Kalra as hard as the tail of a raging dragon, The scene exploded in front of him. A countryside, filled with luscious green grass, beautiful vegetation, the clearest lake one could ever see, and crisp clean air. He raised from his stomach to all fours, and then shook his head. After taking a minute to come to his senses, Xi’Kalra stood and brushed the once-spiked white, orange tipped hair out of his face. The hair coloring was a symbolic mark representing the small guild in which he belongs to. Standing, and finally to his senses, he realized it was barely morning. Xi’Kalra then brushed the dirt off of his leather armor, and realized his sheath was missing. Frantic, he rushed about in wide circle looking for it until she came face to face with him.

Amy was her name, and the mere presence of her came to make Xi’Kalra’s face turn crooked, and he forced back the tears that wanted to come forth. Amy looked worried and asked him, “What is it that burdens your heart Xi?”. As Amy spoke, Xi’Kalra lost all control and his knees buckled, bringing him to the ground. Crying, Xi’Kalra managed to look up unto his wife and speak to her. “…But…I thought tha - I thought…” was all that he could manage. Amy embraced Xi’Kalra in her arms, caring for him as though a child. The afternoon blew by, as did the evening. Both moons were visible, bright and full; Such a rare occasion. Xi’Kalra regained control, and slightly pulled away from Amy so he could talk to her. “…But 3 years ago, we wer-” Xi’Kalra was cut off by Amy, “-3 years ago we didn’t know each other, what is this about? Are you feeling okay?”, At this Amy put her hand to his head to see if he was warm. “You’re sorta warm, but that’s due to all that armor your wearing Xi, take it off, there is no need for it.” As Xi’Kalra removed his armor he sat down next to Amy. “Amy, we’ve known each other for nearing 5 years now. The question is…are you okay?” Mocking Amy, Xi’Kalra put his hand up to her head.

It was a religious belief, that if one’s head was warm, it was due to a demon that took over their body, and the warmth came from the fires of hell. Custom came to be known with feeling the head of somebody if they were acting odd, and if indeed they were warm; it was also custom to rush the victim to a nearby alter.

Amy’s face now turned crooked as she gazed into her lover’s eyes. She asked him to explain himself, and so Xi’Kalra did. “Amy, It was three years ago…In this very spot. I remember now because of that tree.”, and Xi’Kalra slowly pointed to a tall, slender tree with enormous leaves. It had an orange glow to it that came from the enchantments placed upon the tree many years ago. Xi’Kalra continued, “Our village was being invaded by the Alueth army. They accused us of beheading 3 of their troops…After 3 mon-” Amy again interrupted Xi’Kalra, “Alueth Army, who are they? You’re going mad.”

“The Alueth army, it is an Army of…unlike any we’ve ever seen before. Bears, Trolls, and all of the type we can blow away like a feather in the air. The Alueth, they consist of creatures that range anywhere from flying creatures to those that reside under our land, they do not die. Ponder your thoughts as hard as you want but you will not come up with the answer as to why not. The reason they do not die is because they are undead creatures - as in they’ve died before and have arose again. …”, At this Amy shrieked, stood up, and walked away at a fast pace. “Mad I tell you, you are mad! Get away from me until you come back with enough sense to talk out your mouth and not your arse.”

Xi’Kalra remembered those very words being said once before. It was as if his heart stopped, Xi’Kalra reached for the sword that wasn’t there. The ground trembled, and Amy fell. Xi’Kalra ran for her as he seen the horrendous figure of a creature rise out of the ground. Xi’Kalra reached Amy, picked her up, and ran for the Tree of protection. Another creature lie in wait for him. Amy did not know what it was, Xi’Kalra knew the creature all too well. He placed Amy down and faced the monster, and called upon the Gods of Daria for their protection. Xi’Kalra attempted to throw a bolt of fire at the creature; Knowing that fire was its weakness. It did not work. Creatures surrounded them from all sides. Everything began to fade. Xi’Kalra turned around to see Amy, his love, be killed and eaten by the creatures - For the second time.

“Whoa whoa whoa! Settle down there! The herbal liquid doesn’t burn that bad I swear!” Said a strained voice. Xi’Kalra could not open his eyes, nor did he want to. His body was too tired. His legs seemed made out of iron. His body gave in to temptation, and it dozed into another pit of emptiness

What do you think?
Comments?

Last edited by Milktoast on Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, nice. I was a bit confused at time, but i think its rather because of my lacking knowledge in english. I liked it overall, but the orcs and ettins.. hmpf.. In daria?.. that is indeed a dream =P. There are no orcs and ettins, perhaps if you change those two to something more daria-ish i would fit better =P.
Milktoast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter II: The second dream

“…Xi…Xi…Wake up…Xi, darling, wake up. Xi!” The very sweet and feminine voice was trying to awake Xi’Kalra, who, after a guild meeting that lasted much of the night, was very weary. “Xi’Kalra you awake right this minute or I’ll stuff a hive of bees down your pants and don’t think I won’t! Seeing as I smell good, the bees actually like me. You on the other hand - How can you even stand yourself! Please…excuse yourself from my presence and march your rear end to the river and bathe!”, You could hear the intensity in her voice but it still retained the sweetness and amiability that was always present. “…ugh…Amy, please don’t talk to me in that tone of voice or I will be forced upon, without hesitation, to smack you.”, Xi’Kalra joked with Amy, still half asleep, and she knew his sense of humor only too well, after living with him for 6 moon cycles. “Oh you will, will you?……Will you, Or will I throw this bar of soap at you?” Laughing, Amy chucked a bar of soap at Xi’Kalra, precisely hitting him in-between the eyes. “THAT should wake you up you pig!” Amy said, laughing hardly. Xi’Kalra launched himself out of bed, and yelled, fully awake now, “I’m gonna’ get you! How are you going to wake a man while he’s dreaming about having the biggest slab of meat this village can offer? I was just about to take a bite too!!” By the end of his sentence he was chasing Amy out of the door, holding the bar of soap in his right hand, and managing to dress himself with the left - yet failing miserably.

“You can’t catch me even if you wanted to you old worg you! Your slower than a turtle in a puddle of molasses on a snowy day!” Amy was laughing and running away from Xi’Kalra. She was dressed in a finely sewn white dress, that extended down to her knees. Her beautiful, shiny hair fell past her shoulders that day. It was blonde in color and had orange tips to signify her allegiance to the guild. Amy had a slender face, and fierce eyes that were orange in color on the inside that changed to green on the outside. Xi’Kalra was playing along, knowing that he was much faster than Amy, he ran at a steady pace behind her. They soon came to the massive hill outside of the medium-sized hut that they owned. It was a nice hut, with fine cloth that blew freely in the wind hanging off of the side. The cloth had the guild’s avatar on it. A sword and staff crossed, with a fire underneath.

As Xi’Kalra and Amy approached the hill she glanced over her shoulder and smiled. She then said “Here is your exercise for the day you slab of meat!”, At that Amy ran up the massive hill. It was a great hill, taller than a tree, but filled with the greenest grass in the region. There were many a flowers upon the sides, all blowing in the wind. Small creatures walked along the hill, and was not disturbed as Amy and Xi’Kalra approached them. The time was that of gold. All nations were at peace with one another, the world was without famine, plagues were unheard of, and invasions upon cities were very far and few.

Amy reached the top, jokingly fell on her side, and began to snore. Xi’Kalra approached the top and lunged himself on top of her, lost his balance all together, and caused both of them to roll down the side of the hill. Xi’Kalra and Amy clung on to one another as if it were their lives, and rolled faster with each second that went by. The bottom of the hill proposed a ledge that sloped upwards, creating a ramp-like structure, and with Xi’Kalra and Amy’s speed they ended up flying in the air, only to fall into the river with a big splash.

They both stood up, wiped off their wet faces, and turned to face the opposite side of the river. Embarrassed, they sheepishly walked out of the water and apologized to the fisherman, which packed up their poles and left. Xi’Kalra and Amy both quietly laughed, and Amy pushed Xi’Kalra into the calm river, laughing hysterically, “Now take a bath you bum!”. She then jumped in after him and started scrubbing his face with the bar of soap that was floating in the middle of the river. “Bum, bum, bum bum bum! You are a bum! I’m going to scruubbb yooouuu! You can’t stop me! No sir you can’t. Now ask me why!” Amy was cheerfully and jokingly scrubbing Xi’Kalra down. Xi’Kalra wasn’t as energetic about it, and was just standing there - mildly annoyed - but managed to go along with it, “Why is that?”, “Because I said so that’s why!!” Amy yelled, laughing at the end. Xi’Kalra then took control over the humorous situation. He grabbed Amy, and threw her under the water and began to run away, towards the massive hill again. Amy, as expected, chased after him. By this time, all of the small creatures scurried away. The winds continued blowing the luscious grass eastward, and Xi’Kalra didn’t notice the large, dark gray clouds rolling in at an extreme rate. Xi’Kalra tripped over a small lump in the ground, and fell face first into a patch of dirt. Amy rushed over, and Xi’Kalra turned his body to face her. He was amazed at what beauty Amy withheld. He gazed into her eyes, and took the moment for what it was worth.

The moment was temporary, as Amy tripped over the same lump in the ground and fell right on top of Xi’Kalra. Surprised, yet still entranced, they both gazed into each other’s eyes. Amy laid her head upon Xi’Kalra’s shoulder, and Xi’Kalra embraced her with both arms. The moment was beautiful, as both people felt such a love for each other they knew it was the type that lasted for an eternity. They laid there, in the patch of dirt, surrounded by tall grass that was accompanied by beautiful blue and white flowers. The sun shone brightly, and illuminated the world under it. Xi’Kalra felt as if he could explode with how much joy he possessed. “Wow, to have such a perfect person to love me as she does, how much better can things get? What more can I ask of this beautiful world? …I ask of it nothing, for it has given me everything I’ve ever wanted. I have a beautiful wife, a great house, I belong to the most faithful and loyal guild. Life is perfect.” Xi’Kalra thought to himself. He then fell asleep, still embracing Amy. Amy fell asleep too, with her head still upon Xi’Kalra’s shoulder.

Xi’Kalra awoke, in a stiff aired tent. He had a sharp pain in his hip, and his strength had left him once again. Disgruntled, he rubbed his eyes and ran both hands across his face to the rear of his neck, and then up and around his head. As Xi’Kalra mustered enough strength to sit up, he looked around, and noticed many bottles stacked neatly upon the shelves that were against the circular wall. There was also a shelf by the entrance that lie to his right that held many books, thick and thin, tall and short. A desk lie on the other side of the entrance, and contained a few bottles of ink, scattered parchment. The tent was not well-lit, and had one candle in the entire room. It was located above him, placed upon a figure that hung from the roof. A circular piece of steel, with a staff and sword crossing, and the picture of a fire beneath them. His guild’s avatar! Xi’Kalra suddenly felt a rush of adrenaline and yelled, “Hello!? Is anybody here!? Somebody, come into this room immediately!”
Milktoast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter III:

A short, bald figure entered the room. He was clothed in a dark green robe that extended well below his knees. His pants were black, and looked as if they were either too big for him or he was too short for them. His face was oval, and wrinkles had taken his forehead over. In the familiar strained voice, the old man said “Shh! Now you be quiet you oversized zombie! You’ll wake everyone up! But I am quite glad to see you’ve regained your energy. That’s a nasty wound on your side. How did you manage to acquire that one?” The old man talked slowly, and looked like he could fall over dead at any given moment. Xi’Kalra winced from the pain in his hip as he positioned himself to sit up.

“I don’t exactly know” Xi’Kalra paused and went into deep thought, trying to remember the events that had taken place prior before his span of unconsciousness, his dreams of Amy, his reliving of the her being eaten, pain, sorrow, and the ultimate need for revenge. A vague picture of an archer appeared, but he could not place a face. The figure held a bow which looked crafted of fragments from the Northern Darannian Ice Cap fragments; rare pieces of rock that come from the deepest and most dangerous parts of the many caves that await unsuspecting adventurers. Xi’Kalra could remember this bow having elements of the rare fragment due to the frosted ends of the bow, surrounded by an electric blue aura. “All I remember is an archer, who had a bow with elements of Northern Darannian Ice Cap Fragments, I can’t place a face, but I do remember the bow. As they knocked the bow, the arrow turned blue, and you could feel the release of energy as the arrow pierced the air.” Xi’Kalra began dozing off, due to the adrenaline leaving his body.

The old man stood up slowly, as if straining to do so. He limped to one of his various shelves filled with all sorts of bottles. The old man reached his right hand out, and Xi’Kalra seen the hand trembling already, without the weight of a bottle added. Xi’Kalra feared the man was going to fall apart in front of him that very moment. A flash of white light was emitted from the man’s right hand, and a bottle from the top shelf slowly came to him. The bottle was clear, with a dark purple substance inside. The bottle floated to Xi’Kalra, and the old man said, “Now sonny, drink that whole bottle right there so you can continue telling me this story of yours. I wanna know about Amy.”

Xi’Kalra was so surprised that the man knew Amy he choked on the substance and accidentally spit it out on the man’s face. “Ouww, I’m so sorry about that, let me get yo-” The man interrupted him, “There is no need, if magic can be used to slay powerful beats and lay kingdoms to waste, then…” The old man’s body turned a funny color, and as the color faded away, so did the liquid. “…It can sure as hell clean somebody’s face. Now drink up! Drink up!” The old man was becoming more and more excited, his body slowly leaning towards Xi’Kalra. As impossible as it seemed, Xi’Kalra managed to drink the rancid and sour tasting substance. Everything became dark again. It seemed so familiar nowadays; The pit of darkness. Xi’Kalra felt at peace with himself now, not a care in the world. This time he wondered, “What’s next? What more will the Gods remind me of?”

Chapter IV:

Xi’Kalra did not awake to an exploding scene of his history that would cause enough pain to make an entire village cry, nor did he awake to a vision that put all of the joy the world could offer into his heart, He didn’t awake at all. It was complete silence, and everything around him was so dark that in fact closing his eyes made things seem a bit brighter. It was a sense of consciousness in a way, because Xi’Kalra could control himself and walk around where he wanted to - not that it was very useful. Xi’Kalra began thinking to himself out loud, “Why have the Gods been punishing me with these dreams? What have I done to deserve such pain? Why would they recreate memories that would be better off in the past? This world of Daria was perfect 3 years ago, now it is full of pain and sorrow, but why? What went so wrong that the Alueth were created? What did we do? …” Xi’Kalra began to here voices, they were very faint, and not able to be understood. As time went by he could make out all of the words now. It was a conversation between him and Amy,

“Amy, please listen to me - There is something I must tell you.”
“What is it? Hurry up, I gotta go…My parents are going to kill me!”
“Ever since we’ve met I’ve retained these feelings for you.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Amy, We’ve been friends for 6 moon cycles now, and ever since I‘ve known you I have wanted to be more than friends but I was too afraid to talk to you, too afraid of rejection. Now I fear nothing, and Amy…I want to be more than friends, we could be perfect together.”
“Xi’Kalra, I’m sorry..”
“Why?”
“Because, At first I waned to take it to the next level too, but we became too good of friends and now I don’t want to ruin that! Yes I did like you at the beginning and wanted to take it to the further, but not anymore - I just want to be friends.”
“Oh, so you’re saying we have no chance?”
“Xi’Kalra, I gotta go now, bye.”
“Amy…”
“What?”
“I still love you.”
“…”

Xi’Kalra remembered that conversation only too well. It was his first attempt at taking his relationship with Amy to the next level. It failed miserably, and left Xi’Kalra feeling even more lonely than he already had been before. It took a while to get over the pain of being rejected, but he did finally let it all go, however, he did not let his feelings for Amy go, nor did he want to. It was in his heart that Amy and himself belong together in an eternal pit of happiness.

Little did Amy and Himself know at the time the conversation took place; They would indeed come together for 3 of the best years of their life, and for Amy - the rest of her life.

“Damn those Alueth, THEY are the reason for this pain the world is going through! They are the reason alone why all of these people suffer! The Alueth cause all of this sickness between the nations. The Alueth have brought upon this world I love - hatred, disloyalty, evil. THEY are the reason for this, and they must be wiped right off the face of Daria! North and South Darannia, along with Balesty, must unite into one! But how can this happen, they all trust each other less than one could trust a Therak with his entire fortune. There is no trust between any kingdoms. North and South Darannia are almost at war with each other. The Kings are brothers, and its well known that this war would be of personal grief for one another. They must die, its very simple, the Kings of North and South Darannia must die…” Xi’Kalra was enraged, but could do not one thing about anything, he was still trapped in this pit of darkness.

“Great, Xi’Kalra, you are finally coming to your senses! This was not the vow that you made 3 years ago, was it not!? Did you not vow after the Alueth killed your wife to achieve revenge over them? Did you not vow to end all of these problems? And what do you do six months after her death? WHAT DO YOU DO!? You venture off into the woods, a scared little boy, after your first encounter with an Alueth CHILD for Gods sakes! You could not defeat a CHILD, Xi’Kalra, a CHILD! How do you think you can defeat the entire army? What makes you believe you can achieve revenge over the entire Aluethian Army? Tell me, and tell me quickly because your life revolves around it.”, This voice was fierce, and made Xi’Kalra fall on his back. The darkness still surrounded him, and he could not see a thing.

“I alone cannot defeat the entire Army, it must be the entire world of Daria that comes together to defeat them.” Xi’Kalra mumbled this, but the voice understood every word as if Xi’Kalra had screamed at the top of his lungs.

“After your pointless adventuring in the South Darannian Forest, we thought it would be a better idea to let you fall dead where you stood, and let you burn in the pits of fire for an eternity! You wasted so much of our time. But you should thank Uth and Ath for your life. The two moons of this world watched over you and seen potential, while the rest of us had done forgotten about you and went on to more important business. We were ready to strike you DEAD in your tracks but they told us to instead bless you with powers to fight. Remember that night you awoke with the orange aura around you? Remember that same night when you awoke and found that you had the power to make trees turn to ashes? That was because of US, your GODS. Remember how that night an Alueth Warmaster approached you with his sword? Remember how you struck him down with the flick of your hand? THAT WAS BECAUE OF US. We bless you with these powers and what do you continue to do? You wasted them, you did not use them, you rather would use a sword than the powers us Gods personally blessed you with. Those powers could have destroyed the entire world, and what do you do? You waste them. Those powers we gave you could have blown the Alueth clear off the face of Daria all the way to the heavens if you had so pleased! BUT YOU WASTED THEM. This is your one last chance Xi’Kalra, This is your final chance to take claim over your vow. If you fail this time there is no chance in Daria that you shall ever see light again. If you even so THINK of wasting anymore time that we graciously give you - You will come to an end.” The voice had ended its lecture, and Xi’Kalra now felt the courage to stand up to it.

“So you call yourself the Gods of Daria? Then answer me this one question should you find it in your hearts. Why did you force me to relive my experiences from the past? Why did you force me to see Amy die again? Why did you force me to feel what I felt for Amy once more?” Xi’Kalra kept his temper low, for he feared the Gods of Daria.

“That was not us, Xi’Kalra. That was Amy herself, she was trying to help you find the courage and motivation within yourself to take claim of your vow once more. It was her attempt in helping you before we had to take control ourselves! Amy sent the messages to you PERSONALLY and you still ignored them!” The God still held a sense of anger in its voice, and sent a chill down Xi’Kalra’s back. At the words of Amy sending him a message and he ignored it, Xi’Kalra felt guilty and ashamed.

“Amy? Amy sent me help? I ignored it? Oh God, please forgive me, what should I do? Please let me talk to her. Please, if anything in the world could help me, its her. Let me talk to Amy.” Xi’Kalra began to beg of the Gods, he was desperate to hear Amy’s sweet voice, the voice he had been longing to hear for 3 years now.

“Xi, honey. I’m here for you, I am watching over you. These are rough and troubled times for the world. The Gods of Daria have spared your life, but with a price. It is now your duty to save this world that we love. The Gods themselves cannot do it, it is old magic that prevents them from doing so. Xi, you must save us all. I am here for you, and when the time comes we will be together for an eternity, but if You don’t put every ounce of energy into this quest - The God’s will not accept you into their kingdom. It’s your decision now; Either continue to waste your blessing, or take control and save the world. We are wasting time here. Get going. You were right in what you said, the nations of Daria must all be united into one before anything happens. One nation means one king. I love you, and this is my farewell and good luck. Turn around Xi.”

Xi’Kalra slowly stood up, weeping softly for the joy that Amy was in a great place, and watching over him. He turned around to face Amy. She stood there, dressed in a white draping that glowed with holiness. Every part of Amy’s figure glowed, and emitted a powerful feeling. She came close to Xi’Kalra and kissed him softly on the lips. Amy then stepped back one step, and bowed her head down. Amy’s figure turned even more transparent than it already was. She slowly walked towards Xi’Kalra and gave him one last hug.

“Goodbye, my love. Save us all.”
Milktoast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, You are welcome to comment/critique!
Milktoast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter V

Amy disappeared and light began to surround him. Soon, a vision appeared. Xi’Kalra was watching it this time. It was set in the field, located near the Tree of Protection. Xi’Kalra saw four people; Himself and three other men. It looked like a fight was nearing a breakout. Two men stood in the distance, with arrows knocked onto their bows and the other man facing Xi’Kalra.

The day was a mild one, without much heat. The wind was strong, so strong that it made the grass lie flat and the Tree of Protection bend as if it were going to break. Flowers were being uprooted and flying about all over the place. No birds were visible in the air, nor was any creature visible walking the ground. The field was completely empty except for the four men that occupied it.

Xi’Kalra and the other man faced each other, staring into each other’s eyes. Xi’Kalra was dressed for battle. His armor was completely black, with an orange outline that shone as bright as the sun. The chest plate overlapped the leggings. Xi’Kalra’s arms were covered in a flexible material - also black, with an orange outline. The chest plate extended to below his shoulder, and the shoulder piece consisted of two sets of spikes. Xi’Kalra wore no helmet, for he himself claimed it dishonorable to hide one’s face from the enemy. His hair stood spiked, bleached white with orange tips. Xi’Kalra’s face was tight with anger, and his eyes blazed with fire.

The other man stood, facing Xi’Kalra. He too was dressed for battle, with an entire suit of polished steel armor, as any other knight of the King’s Army would. The only difference was that this man did not have any arm protection, only a chest plate and leggings. His dark brown hair hung down his back, and his eyes were electrical, a blazing blue and grey mix. The man carried a large sword, also polished.

After staring each other down for nearly an hour, the man finally broke the silence with a smile, followed with a hearty laugh. He then said, “Xi’Kalra - Do not continue to feel sorry for yourself. The only person you are hurting is you. Amy does not care anymore. She is mine.”

Xi’Kalra remained cool, but said to the man, “Jens, You are the one hurting yourself. You force yourself to believe she loves you. You force yourself to believe you love her. What hurts you the most is that you believe you two are in love with each other. You and your friends have drowned Amy in lies! She does not think for herself anymore; How can she think for herself? You and all of your friends do not let her! Amy expresses her feelings to you, because she considers you her friend, and you shove lies down her throat.”

“We do not tell her to do anything against her will.” Jens said simply, without emotion, as if pleading innocent.

“Do you not!? Did she not tell you about her love for me!? And what did you do Jens, did you not continuously shove lies down her throat!? Did you not convince her that she could do better, that she deserved to be with the richest of all families, that I was a dirty scum, that I had raped your sister, that I had slept with more women than one would want to count? And when she tried telling you that I was the one she wanted, but was afraid of rejection - Did you not force her to believe that I did not love her? Did you not PERSONALLY break Amy down into tears - Only to convince her that you was there for her, and you loved her, and that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with her? Tell me, Jens, did you not drown her in lies!?”

“We did NO SUCH THING! How dare you accuse me.” Jens was outraged, and his eyes flickered with electricity. His changed his position, as if preparing for battle.

“Calm yourself boy, or I will cut you down as I have both uncles and all six of your brothers before you. Do not tempt me, as I slit their throats without reason. You have given me every reason right now to open your chest and rip your heart out.” Xi’Kalra did not move a muscle, instead his jaw clenched, and his eyes went ablaze with such a fire that Jens fell backwards onto the ground.

“Do not lie, Xi’Kalra - Everybody knows that it was the Gods themselves that killed my uncles and brothers because of their impudence. Let us talk this out before I must clean my blade once more. You say I forced Amy to not like you anymore. I did not do such a thing!” Jens began to stand up again and regain himself.

Xi’Kalra still remained in his same position, without moving an inch. His head tiled upwards and now his chin pointed at Jens. “I said it before and I will say it again. Calm yourself before you end up dead. I will not ask again. I am done playing games with you Jens, I’ve played them for only too long now. I am done being nice to you and giving you all the chances in the world, Jens. You have taken it too far this time. You have taken the one thing in this world that keeps me alive. You have taken the one thing in this world that makes me awake in the morning. How do I stand here, facing you, and not slit your throat now? Why do I show you mercy Jens? Is it because I still value the friendship we had in the past? Is it because I still remember the times we had as children? Why do I show you mercy, when you have taken no mercy upon my soul, Jens? Why!? Answer me!” At this, Xi’Kalra had stepped closer to Jens, approaching him as if challenging him. Xi’Kalra’s voice had also grown louder, more fierce.

“You stand her with mercy, Xi’Kalra, because your too afraid to take action upon your threats. They mean nothing me Xi’Kalra - I am not afraid. You have threatened people before - yet they still roam the lands of Daria. Nobody fears you, that is why they walk upon you freely. You ask me why I took Amy? It is because she does deserve somebody better than you, Xi’Kalra. You are a coward, a shameless coward who walks with fear. You bring disgrace to the world. Amy deserves somebody who will protect her.” Jens took a step back from Xi’Kalra. Jens’ face became stern as well, as if accepting the unvoiced challenge Xi’Kalra proposed.

Xi’Kalra took two more steps toward Jens. He noticed the two archers in the distance had began to approach them now. With a very stern voice, Xi’Kalra looked Jens dead in the eyes and said, “Jens, my old friend. You have killed the person whom you speak of. You’ve struck the coward dead. That person is long gone Jens. He has been gone since you started this game. The very first words that spoke of betrothing Amy for yourself had killed him. You say Amy deserves protection. It is here, Jens. You face it this very moment. Jens, you are a poison to Amy - You are slowly injecting her with your venom, your lies, and it is eating her alive. I am here to rid her of this poison. You are the alpha, I am the omega. You are the poison, I am the cure. Face me, Jens Khaile, there is no turning back.”

At the end of the words, Xi’Kalra took two more steps towards Jens, coming almost nose to nose. Jens became frightened, turned around, and ran towards his men, commanding them to fire. Surprised, one archer dropped his arrow. As the one man shot, Xi’Kalra simply stood in place as the arrow whizzed past his right ear. Xi’Kalra did not move his head at all, nor did he show any sign of fear. Jens was standing behind the archers now. The second archer released his arrow this time. It was aiming directly for Xi’Kalra’s throat. He did not move, nor show any sign of fear. Xi’Kalra caught the arrow by the shaft, with the tip nearly touching his throat. At this, Xi’Kalra laughed and threw the arrow down and began to slowly walk towards the group.

Walking towards the group slowly, while avoiding the arrows, Xi’Kalra was talking to them at the same time. His voice was calm, almost relaxed. “Sayden, Nyjin, You have also poisoned Amy along with Jens. Question yourselves men, is this also your day of judgment? Do you wish to lay breathless in this field as well? My old friends, I beg of you to go to your wives, grab a hold on them, and drag yourselves to the alter and pray for forgiveness. I am not here for you, but shall this folly continue - I will slay you as well.”

By this time Xi’Kalra had become within ten paces of the group. At this he stopped and said to them, “I will pray for your soul after today. I gave you a final chance, but your foolishness has led to your last breath.” Xi’Kalra unsheathed his sword, a finely polished sword, black in color, with the same magnificent orange outline as his armor. The men dropped their bows and unsheathed their swords as well. The group had formed a small formation, a line. Xi’Kalra shed a small tear, looked up into the sky, and said out loud, “God’s of Daria, I gave them every chance. Please forgive me for if I fail thee.”. At the end of his small prayer, Xi’Kalra slowly looked back down to the men, who began to progress upon him.

Xi’Kalra kicked his left foot up very abruptly, causing a small dagger to begin spinning in the air. As it began to descend to the ground, Xi’Kalra shed yet one more tear, caught the spinning knife by the blade, and without hesitation threw it at the man on the left, Sayden. It seemed quicker than the speed of light, the time between Xi’Kalra’s release and the time that the dagger became embedded in between Sayden’s eyes, with no blade remaining. “Gods, forgive me for my sins. I have no more choices.”, Xi’Kalra said again - looking into the sky as Sayden, his old best friend, fell to the ground - twitching madly. Jens and Nyjin’s faces both turned to Sayden, and Xi’Kalra said to them both, “I have given you chances, shown you mercy, but still you take from me the only thing I want in this world. I cannot tolerate such tyranny.” At his, Xi’Kalra looked once more into the sky and said, “I did not wish this fate upon them, my Lords, but they gave me no chance. I am sorry.”. Without looking down, Xi’Kalra shed one more tear. He slowly looked down and focused on Nyjin. Xi’Kalra walked towards him, and both Jens and Nyjin charged Xi’Kalra. In an instant, both had taken their swing at Xi’Kalra. Jens aiming for his heart, Nyjin aiming for his neck. Xi’Kalra rolled backwards, and as he sprung upwards he was met with yet another two blades swinging at him. Xi’Kalra sprung forward, into a flip. In mid-air Xi’Kalra whispered “I’m sorry”, and in the middle of the flip Xi’Kalra twisted his body to face Nyjin.

The moment Xi’Kalra landed, both Jens and Nyjin swung. This time - Jens at Xi’Kalra’s feet, and Nyjin at his chest. It was difficult, and Xi’Kalra nearly lost control of his weapon as all three blades met. Xi’Kalra strained to maintain control, but soon he spun around towards Jens and tactfully escaped the situation. He then forcefully charged Jens’ chest with the spiked shoulder. Jens fell to the ground, and Xi’Kalra turned to face Nyjin’s blade coming down upon him. Xi’Kalra skillfully blocked this swing with an upswing of his sword. Their blades met for only a moment, as Nyjin lost control and his sword flying towards the ground. Xi’Kalra gazed Nyjin, his old friend, directly in the eyes. Jens was behind Nyjin, regaining balance.

Xi’Kalra took a step backwards and looked at them. Sweating and breathing a bit hard, Xi’Kalra said to them both “You are the venom to Amy, and you accuse my honor by telling me I cannot protect her. What am I supposed to do? The one that you, Jens, the person you had killed before me would show mercy upon you. He is dead. This is me now, how do you like your creation, Jens!? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!? We were BEST FRIENDS, Jens, BEST FUCKING FRIENDS, and your greed has caused your cease of existence on this world. Your greed has poisoned the one I love, the only person I live for. You have taken her away from me. It is only fair that I take away from you what you value the most.” At this, Xi’Kalra stepped to Nyjin, and swung the large black sword. Nyjin’s body fell down, and as it hit the ground his head rolled a few feet in front of him. Blood covered the ground.

“Look at me Jens, what do you see?” Xi’Kalra was walking towards Jens, with the sword in his left hand, and his right hand clenched.

“…You monster……How could you slay your best friends? How could you!?”

“You were my best friends. You stole the one thing in this world I live for. Your greed caused you to force her into thinking she didn’t love me. Your greed caused you to hurt her, and make it seem my fault. Your greed caused you to then act like you was the one for her. You have taken from me the one thing I value most. It is my turn to take the same. Goodbye Jens, this world has no room left for you.” Xi’Kalra finished his sentence, and stepped towards Jens. Jens continued to back away. Xi’Kalra became annoyed, and rushed Jens. At this, Jens became surprised and fell over. Xi’Kalra stepped overtop of Jens, and looked into the sky. “God’s forgive me, This was not my decision.”. A bird flew by, and without looking down, Xi’Kalra swung his sword downwards, and did not flinch as he heard the crushing sound of sword meeting skull. One last tear was shed upon the body of his old best friend.
Luke
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of inspiration?
Milktoast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the entire story is out of inspiration. I havn't wrote much in the past weeks because i've been grounded Confused Evil or Very Mad
Milktoast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember writing this, almost as if it were yesterday (Kinda creepy, seeing as it was nearly 2 years ago.) Its always kinda cool to look back and see what you wrote and remember why. I remember writing this after my ex an I broke up. Heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: