Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stats and Weapon Relations.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaoryn
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Stats and Weapon Relations. Reply with quote

Hello all. I figured I'd share this idea, because I read it somewhere, and thought it might be a good idea. =) So the credit goes to the person who first said it, and to me for bringing it out to the open. Laughing

I though the idea of having exp. bars for your stats would be nice. Like using a Broad Sword or something would build up your Strength mainly, Rapiers and daggers helping the Agi, Constitution can be increased by either taking hits, or wearing certain types of armor. Intelligence can be either increased by weilding Rods and staves in conjunction with using magic, or by possibly implementing a book system? (Ex: Zatra's tomb was an ancient place, so maybe Zatra himself knew of some art that he recorded in a book. Beating Zatra gains you access to this book, and by reading it you acquire a new skill.)

I thought the idea was good, and figured I'd bring it to your attention, in case you haven't already though about it. =) Any comments?

~Kao

"An Optimist is the Human Personification of Spring."
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, but.. mind shrinking your avatar a tad bit? It's nice though, who made it?
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Kaoryn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: heh. Not sure. Reply with quote

Not really sure to be honest. I just plucked it off the net. I thought it might have resized itself...but I was wrong. heh. But thanks. =)

~Kao

Arrow Back on topic!

"An Optimist is the Human Personification of Spring."
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the ideas of bars for the weapon skills, but levels could be nice.

Level 2 Staff skills etc.
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stats and Weapon Relations. Reply with quote

Kaoryn wrote:
Hello all. I figured I'd share this idea, because I read it somewhere, and thought it might be a good idea. =) So the credit goes to the person who first said it, and to me for bringing it out to the open. Laughing

I though the idea of having exp. bars for your stats would be nice. Like using a Broad Sword or something would build up your Strength mainly, Rapiers and daggers helping the Agi, Constitution can be increased by either taking hits, or wearing certain types of armor. Intelligence can be either increased by weilding Rods and staves in conjunction with using magic, or by possibly implementing a book system? (Ex: Zatra's tomb was an ancient place, so maybe Zatra himself knew of some art that he recorded in a book. Beating Zatra gains you access to this book, and by reading it you acquire a new skill.)

I thought the idea was good, and figured I'd bring it to your attention, in case you haven't already though about it. =) Any comments?

~Kao

As I said in the other post, I find this too restricting.
And for your avatar, I see nothing but "avatarity.com free avatars" -text.
Zephyr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that system was in place, i'd go to the lowest level and fastest spawning area for ages to get my <stat> up a bit. then go hunting.

a bit flawed?
<Enquillion> I got that last year, and it had a 5 year warranty, so I'm not getting another Sad
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the one who had the original Idea but after talking with Hexedian about it last night and figured it wouldbe better if per level you would gain some atribute points per level but not as manyas in the original WiA, and what you used to attack would divide the stats only by what a weapon would actually give you, not every stat. So a sword would give Str Agi and Con. and if you ever neded to boost int and wis for some reason it you could you your attribute points

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the original skill system in akarra, where once you learned a skill, you could put gems into the skill. however, you shouldn't be able to take the gems out, or at least not more than once. if you use the idea of taking hits raises one skill, and hitting raises another, then someone will no doubt find some way of macroing their way to being super powerful. an example of this is tibia. i have a lvl 13 character with a dist skill of 50, while people who only hunt have a skill of around ~20.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If weapons raise your skills, then when you gain a level what would happen? It just raises your skills more?
Forefn
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe using a certain type of weapon alot could improve your skill with that one type of weapon. I liked the gem system too, and they could work with each other to a certain extent. Possibly you could only fill in your 'Dagger Use 1' if you've used a dagger enough against certain monsters. So kill monsters with less levels for a first gem and monsters with higher levels for a second.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: