Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeb Posts Secret Information #4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Jeb Posts Secret Information #4 Reply with quote

I just thought we shouldn't let the community disappear altogether, so here's a small update on what we are working on.

You have all seen the new graphics now, so I can speak more freely about it. As usual I will compare with Akarra because that is what most of you are familiar with... In Akarra, dungeons and dungeon walls consisted of a "blocking" tileset. In other words, the walls were graphics on the same layer as the floor that would block light and movement.

In Daria this will be slightly different. There will still be tilesets that block movement, such as water, but generally there will be no tilesets that block light (ie, all tilesets can be passed if you are able to fly). Instead, walls will be placed as the tree sprites, ontop of the floor tileset. This is still work in progress though, but in the map editor it will look slightly like building walls in Age of Empires and similar games.

In addition, there will be special "walls" that doesn't block sight, such as fences, or only blocks sight in one direction (such as cliffs). Anyhow, it will be sweet.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool, (still) can't wait!

Buildnings will block light(ie sight) for a payer standing on the ground, right?

Advanced studd tho Very Happy
Please keep it up!
Go Dev-team!, Go! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gorgorath
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully we can stand next too a monster with a lantern and be able too attack unlike the bug in akarra where it says its too dark too attack *sometimes* lol:P
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgorath wrote:
hopefully we can stand next too a monster with a lantern and be able too attack unlike the bug in akarra where it says its too dark too attack *sometimes* lol:P

Yeah, that stupid light system Mad It was tricky to keep the whole world updated on the server side to calculate if there was light on a position or not. At least I was able to remove the bug that caused the light to disappear if you tried to attack a monster from the south...
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Gorgorath
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i remember it being from the south but for us it happens random directions specially in dungeons
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh the community isnt dead, im still here.... occasionally, anyway sounds like a fun lighting system!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: