Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beaten...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BudMan
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 192
Location: South of the Kill Zone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right about one thing. I don't understand half the stuff you say. Im either too high or too stupid or a combination of both. Thats not a good enough reason to hate someone though. Can we be friends?

On a lighter note, I have no problem understanding your signature.
Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Talonz
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 154
Location: Stockton, California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre wrote:
Thanks! Have you heard of Pre? No one really knows of him anymore.

Yeah, I was curious a while ago about the stop pre part. Prefontaine (don't know if I'm spelling it right, was a while when I looked it up)! I assume you're interested in him because you're in track and field?
_________________

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BudMan
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 192
Location: South of the Kill Zone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeatOmen wrote:
What the fuc*? I was telling you that you are too incompetent for proper online commmunication, and you are!


If being competent for online communication means treating people the way you do, and talking the way you do. Id rather be incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 124

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you are incompetent. The competencies of your competence for compentent communication online is incompetent for online communication.
_________________
Do not try to fight the lagg. Instead try to see the truth. There is no lagg

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nebbish
Posts until end: 980


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

yay its nebbish!

well iv always seen these lil arguments everyone has on the forums and normally i just keep out of them, Well right now im like completly annoyed at something in life so i thought i would just add something here. Well i been hovering about for a bit and watching this little world thats been created.. logged in it a few times..... and actually once i meet budman and the other time i meet the mr darkhydra himself in game too (he was fun to talk to of course Very Happy).

Well when i meet bud i know what he's like so i didnt say too much cause i know he isnt the most talkative person and i knew he just wanted to play to win cause some people find it fun to try be the best. Though i myself dont really find it the most important thing cause iv always been one for just messing about and having friendly fun and making friends. i really do get fed up of reading all this public bashing of each other is just annoying to read when there are so much more important things to worry about. why the hell do you carry on with the flame wars espically when you know bud will just reply with something.

I think we should all make bets on how many days it goes on until it escalates till a mod deletes the post! 50 quid on the 12th of march!!!

The thing is iv always got on ok with budman cause me being me the non argumentive blah blah sorta person i like to think i am try to get on with ppl... why dont you try avoiding talking to him or posting something involving him if you want him not to post about you. He will ignore u if u ignore him.

anyway guys stop posting crap flaming and the sort otherwise i have to make a post soooooooooooooooooo long that you all die of the boredom of reading it and then the flame war stops... O i rock at stopping fights!

blah im bored of randomly posting....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BudMan
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 192
Location: South of the Kill Zone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebbish wrote:

Well when i meet bud i know what he's like so i didnt say too much cause i know he isnt the most talkative person and i knew he just wanted to play to win cause some people find it fun to try be the best.


It makes me sad to hear this from someone who dosen't have an axe to grind. Its hard for me to believe you know so little about me.

HeatOmen wrote:

An insult is something that could be either used to make somebody appear stupid or treat them badly.. in this case it's neither. I'm not making you APPEAR stupid, because you already look stupid. I'm not TREATING you badly, because if I was treating you badly I wouldn't have told you at all. I was simply telling you why so many people dislike you, and it's a 100% true fact, so no argueing please.


...so your not insulting me or treating me badly? Then why not send me a PM telling me why so many people dislike me. WHY... I'll tell you why, because your a hypocrite. You complain that I am not competent for online communication. Look at how rude you are when communicating with me. You have no room to talk. My opinion is that you are less competent then me when it comes to communicating online. Id rather be called incompetent by the less compentent, then act like an ignorant hypocrite such as yourself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fledge
Posts until end: 1000


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how conveying anger towards you makes him bad at communicating online. He actually knows where and when to punctuate sentences and how to spell. Nobody is perfect, but some don't bother because they are too lazy. Some resort to noobspeak and chatspeak in their laziness, though to a certain extent, leet or 1337 is an artistic and humorous way of writing that has branched off of noobspeak to be something funny and tolerable in certain situations.

BudMan is simply too uneducated and lazy to make an attempt in most situations. He definitely doesn't communicate well ingame. He's a self-directed solitary person ingame, why would he need to? On the forums for Dawn of Daria or the Akarra shards that have banned him, he only makes his best attempt at proper english when he's in a formal arguement. Is that a crime? No. Thousands of users on the internet don't bother or cannot use proper language. Would the world be a better place if they did? Kinda, though they'd take a lot more time to do what they do.

So is BudMan bad at communicating on the internet? Sure, but who is? Look at me, I'm not using emoticons to convey any emotion. This causes readers to assume emotions in my words based on my reputation, the connotation of the words and the meaning. Until I said that BudMan was not doing anything wrong, most people expected me to get out my flamethrower and join in the bonfire of BudMan flaming.

Just leave BudMan alone and stay out of his way. If he wants to do things that make people hate and get him banned from multiple Akarra shards so that he has to resort to playing the spanish server, who cares? Good for him. If he's being a problem, let the Daria staff deal with that. Give him a chance to learn his lesson. Don't be so self-righteous. I've been self-righteous in this community HeatOmen and trust me, it doesn't end well.

If BudMan is a problem, let the administration deal with him. If you think they aren't aware of any problem and they should be, report it. Otherwise, don't threaten the peace of this community by flaming him for something that is not yours to deal with.

And if you think BudMan is a horrible person, do it in a private message no matter if it's giving him your opinion or talking with friends about how much you despise him.

Sure, perhaps some of the community, including myself, dislikes his company. Sure, some of us can't wait til the PvP aspect lets us gang up on him and attempt to kill his character despite how higher a level he might gain. Sure, some of us think he should stick to single-player RPGs. That doesn't give us any right to scrutinize him in public and disrupt the rest of the community by making a big scene. I'm not here to flame you, consider this constructive criticism. Now let's all be a little more tolerant and polite. Save it for the PvP.
_________________
A society is not healthy without an opposition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pre
Posts until end: 600


Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 436
Location: CT, United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
Pre wrote:
Thanks! Have you heard of Pre? No one really knows of him anymore.

Yeah, I was curious a while ago about the stop pre part. Prefontaine (don't know if I'm spelling it right, was a while when I looked it up)! I assume you're interested in him because you're in track and field?


Yea, its Prefontaine and i've been running my whole life. It's cool to see someone take an interest in it. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
BudMan
Posts until end: 850


Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 192
Location: South of the Kill Zone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*scratches his head in disbelief*

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked


OMG!!!

Is it the end of the world?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HeatOmen
Posts until end: 960


Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Posts: 56
Location: Canada, BC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is a hypocrite, Budman, and it only takes somebody with an IQ of 60+ to figure that out.

The fact that you keep on re-reading through my post to make new points has me dumbfounded. You obviously have a lot of free time on your hands, seeing how you were able to collect so many flowers during the alpha.. yet, you were still able to leave out many arguements of which you probably haven't even thought all of yet?

One other thing that I noticed was you asking me to be your friend, while stating that I HATE you, followed by reading through my post before it over for what seemed like the 5 bagillionth time, and causing some more arguements. If you truly wanted me to stop this, you'd have shut up and stopped digging deeper holes in this situation. And if you think I hate you just because I argue with stupidity, you're mistaken.. I just REALLY dislike incompetent, disorganized, misunderstood (accidently/purposely treating good people like shit in your case) and.. well.. messed up communication. It's just like recieving a paycheck in the mail for minus 500 dollars instead of 500.
_________________
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Style by Oxeye Game Studio