Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teleport
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Teleport Reply with quote

Teleports are cool.

Last edited by BudMan on Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like that too, but not make it cost loads and loads of money, cause that would be annoying.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A possibility here would be like in multiplayer Dungeon Seige. They had displacers you activated. If you haven't been to one, you don't know it exists, and thus you can't travel to it. If you forgot to activate it when you passed by it. You can't go to it. Would likely take lots of time to program it to work for each individual person, but if access was restricted for clans or guilds to use, this would give a reason to create one, as well as defend it if only one group could use it at a time.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure as hell would want to be able to teleport back to my guild/clan's headquarters, for example, through a consumable item probably. That's just a must have. Maybe there are other key locations; faction headquarters? And so on, and so on.

Of course fighters and such have to get harassed with having to buy these items whereas I think spellcasters should just get a little firework in the end. :)
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Official*

I will say I have something in mind for this and have already discussed it with thewreck.

I will also say that it will 'probably' only be possible to warp to cities.. and not guild housing.

*/End Official*

As a player I enjoy traveling to town to town and such by foot or horse. But I understand the annoyance of having to go back and forth over and over again.. so some forms of quicker travel would be preferred.
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like that idea; it was used in Diablo as well. It forces the character to explore the area, and when they're done, they get to teleport. AndI assume this teleport would be free, right?
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre wrote:
I also like that idea; it was used in Diablo as well. It forces the character to explore the area, and when they're done, they get to teleport. AndI assume this teleport would be free, right?

I'd rather have a small fee so it couldn't be abused as much as it otherwise would be. Though Dexter's teleport was used by some people to run away from PKers even though it did cost some coins to use. ;|
Anarion
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of teleporting is relatively good, however it should not be made rediculous, where you could just teleport to every important place, if teleports were intruduced to the game they should only be to the obelisk points as to not mess up the game blah blah blah
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dw.. that could be solved with adding a cool-down to using teleport and also making the teleport echo the players destination as he teleports. Razz
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Official*

If things get designed as I see it in regards to this the teleporting will not be something thats placed in the world.. rather something you pick up in a possible rare drop or such.

*/End Official*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: