Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Some how I felt something like this comming. Thank you for all your hard work. Although I would like to hear more about the credit system and details about it, but Im sure that can wait till later.

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dormeydo wrote:

The credits will only be used to buy playing hours right?
So you can't but items and other things to get an advantage in-game. I don't want that

Yeah exactly, there will not be any in-game differences between paying and non-paying players. However, we may add some extra game features for paying players, but in that case we will make a separate server with those changes.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
AquaritsBR
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finaly... its time to play Very Happy

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Malaro
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeb wrote:
Dormeydo wrote:

The credits will only be used to buy playing hours right?
So you can't but items and other things to get an advantage in-game. I don't want that

Yeah exactly, there will not be any in-game differences between paying and non-paying players. However, we may add some extra game features for paying players, but in that case we will make a separate server with those changes.

Well I myself would prefer if paying and non-paying people could play on the same server. I don't like being split up, this is why I chose Akarra, you know the whole community and there's 1 server. That would be better. And then the non-paying people get jealous and go and pay too Very Happy
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeb wrote:

We are not sure about the pricing, so I can't say much about that. However, we want to use a system where you are not "forced to play". In other words, it will not be a subscription that you have to pay every month, instead you pay for an amout of game time, and that time is only spent when you are online.

Horray for overnight idling Razz
TbbW
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i'we herd ppl that rather pay for a reserved game slot then to be able to play on an isolated server from the free users.

the free server wuld most likly allways have someone on so if it's less ppl on the pay servers then they wuld most likly want to go to the free server.

and to prevent that ppl idle on the free server all night wuld be some form of anti ideling system.
like if u stand still for 1h and dont do anything then u get booted off Razz
i mean if there is going to be limited slots for non paying players then u suld not even go afk for 30min or so.
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be cool if you could trade credits between players. That way If you got some friends you want to play with, you could give them a few credits.

I think you should be able to earn some credits in game. Like the 30 free you are giving out soon. So that us poor folks might have a chance to get some and play a bit for free.
HeatOmen
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday the 18th, eh? Couldn't be a better day to release the alpha. Good job with the progress of the game so far, aaand.. just.. well, keep up the good work!

Quote:

I think you should be able to earn some credits in game. Like the 30 free you are giving out soon. So that us poor folks might have a chance to get some and play a bit for free.

And minimize their profits? Heh, yeah right. I'm all for the credit trading, but being able to earn credits instead of paying for them like you're supposed to, thus defeating the purpose of funding and inspiring the development team.. just.. no. You're evil for even mentioning something like that.
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
BudMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeatOmen wrote:

Quote:

And minimize their profits? Heh, yeah right. I'm all for the credit trading, but being able to earn credits instead of paying for them like you're supposed to, thus defeating the purpose of funding and inspiring the development team.. just.. no. You're evil for even mentioning something like that.

I think if you were able to earn credits for like a prize or something. More people would wanna purchase credits. Which would help maximize profits. I mean lets say you give away 100 credits per month for collecting a priceless item or completing a very hard quest. If just 3 people thought that idea was cool and purchased 100 credits each thats triple your investment.

I guess the real question is would this idea get even 1 extra person to purchase credits cause if it would then anything after that would be profit.
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I figured a pay-2-play system would arise eventually. Akarra was great for the fact that it was a quality game for free, and while that is preferred. I understand why they're going to do it this way. Either way I'm in on Silly Alpha, bring it, I've recently discovered coffee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: