Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dodge and Armor Skills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Dodge and Armor Skills Reply with quote

I think this topic has been discussed a few times before but still..

I just remembered a game where they had it this way:

- a Dodge skill, a chance you dodge an attack, naturally:) Depends on your agility, best results when unencumbered(especially by heavy armor).
**orc attacks but misses you

- an Armor skill, an ability to use armor at its best. What's interesting about this skill, is that it's the exact counterpart of the weapon-using skill: armors have varying absorption levels(example 0-5 for leather armor and 0-40 for a heavy plate). The higher your Armor skill, the better the chance that your armor absorbs a bigger part of the damage.
**orc attacks you and does 0 damage

Note: all armors only increase damage absorption, none improve your dodging ability, heavier armors even decrease it significantly. Even while wearing the heaviest plated armor, you can still take serious damage if your opponent's weapon hits a weak spot:

**you make a real clumsy move(armor absorbs only 5 damage out of a max of 40)
**orc scores a critical hit on you for 25 damage
**you take 20 damage

Dunno what you guys have come up with in Daria.. For one thing this might have worked well in good ol'Akarra;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: