Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eponick
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, dont want an XBox 360.
80% of the games are/will be sports games and the games that I am interested in will be released for the PC aswell.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC! wrote:
PC, IMO is the best platform becuase it is so versitile. .

Yea but a computer thats as powerful as the 360 cost $2,000+. I'd much rather spend $400 on an xbox.
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the initial console rush is futile. Mainly because most of the developpers are still working on previous generation games and some are ported on both the previous and Next generation consoles(ie: Peter Jackson's King Kong(Xbox version looks amazing, I'm intrigued as to what the 360 version will look like)) Most of the anticipated games will be released in the next 6 months to 1 year(Oblivion, Mass Effect, Gears of War, DOA 4, just to name a few.).

Secondly, the initial release price is somewhat absurd, In a year, maybe less, the price will have gone down by approxamitly 100$. If I had one, I'd probly be selling it on Ebay seeing as how much they are going for, I've seen a single 360 and some games go for as much as five thousand US. But then again this could have all been avoided if Microsoft hadn't decided on such a huge launch. The 360 will be out worldwide in less than 2 weeks, previous generations saw their console released worldwide over the courses of multiple months.

Also the whole Console VS PC thing is overated and cliché. Anyone smart enough and able to crunch the numbers will see that both average the same price. The main difference is you pregressively spend the money on your PC rather than ditch out one huge pile every 4-5 years for a console. As for the whole I prefer keyboards and mouse thing, that has got to be the lamest excuse ever. Most games that come out on consoles have control schemes which are optimised for consoles(Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Dead or Alive) sure there are exceptions like the First Person Shooter genre, but you aren't really limited when you can get yourself and adapter like the SmartJoy Frag(there is bound to be one released for Xbox 360) And if you start playing with one more than the other you are obviously going to get accustomed to one over the other.

Overall it's just a matter or preference and adaptation.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Playstation better than Xbox. I've got both PSX and PS2 Very Happy

Some games are better on console(Some types RPG's, driving and sports games) and some are way better on a computer(FPS and strategy games).
If i had to choose, i would ofcourse pick the cpomuter
A computer is expansive but versitile, you can do whatever you want with a computer. You can play games, surf the web, make things such as pictures 3d models, games and webistes.
The consloe is mainly for gaming and nothing more. But i'm very happy to own my PS2 though, i've got plenty of qualty time with that. I don't regret buing that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nazzy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh Pc > Consoles for one fact mmorpg's lol i prefer pc but i have most consoles anyway so to be honest its a debate where im neuteral as for next gen consoles none really take my fancy Xbox 360 for oblivion, ps3 for FF's and Nintendo for Zelda all in all thats why i have consoles for selected games ;p. And yes i am a student with too much money Razz

Anyway DoD for consoles wouldnt mind seeing that Razz
Chybi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazzy, Trust PS no longer, Final Fantasy is going to Xbox 360!

Ps: I have nothing against playstation, I have something against the company that owns it, Sony. But that is another story for another time

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm ditching PS and XBox, Nintendo to the motha fucking max. Peace.
-Poooooof-
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We at our university have been brainwashed by an ATI graphics chip developer who has worked on the Xbox 360 gpu. Shocked Must... have... rendering capabilities... Shocked
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: