Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeb's Journal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Jeb's Journal Reply with quote

As the Senior/Lead Programmer for Daria I thought I should add a journal here and let you know what is going on behind the scenes.

Note: This is my journal - stuff written here are my opinions and worklog, and must not be confused with the development team's public announcements. I'm also eager to improve my English skills (especially prepositions such as "by", "at", "on" etc), so please get angry at me when I can't spell! Very Happy

We are currently working on a new engine and tools base that is rather different from Akarra. The reason for this is because Daria is a different game and it's easier for the new devs to understand the code if they were writing it themselves.

This will take a while, I guess, but a lot faster than it took me to make Akarra. One reason is simply that we are not "re-inventing the wheel". We have the old source code, it's just a matter of changing it the way we like it. Another reason is... there are five programmers now Razz

Anyhow... I'm currently converting some game logic to the new engine. Eponick is coding on new network classes. Stalker, Aegzorz and DlEast are working on the new tools. These tools will be great, they will be a lot easier to use than the old ones... and that means we will be able to add content to the game faster than in Akarra.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye

Last edited by jeb on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
AquaritsBR
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for the nice and hard work.
I admire the force and the talent of u all. and more i love AKARRA and each DARIA image i see, i am more ansious to be able to play.

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear some news. Keep up the work dudes.
-PoofyPuma-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I just wanted to let you know that we're actually doing something. Perhaps I will give away some real inside information later on.
This post made by me may not be the official opinion of the Dawn of Daria crew or Oxeye Game Studio. I may also say things that are incorrect or based on hopes and expectations. Viewer discretion is adviced. Oxeye
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you want people to post in this journal? and btw nice job. And nice english too Razz

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
syspurge
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool that you have joined the new dev team, I bet you were missed! Smile

Man, I should really pick up the phone and call (but not tonight as Sweden is playing Croatia) Smile , we haven't spoken for ages it seems! We missed our Indian Food on Valentine's Day tradition too last year, we have to do better than that this time around... Smile

Hope that everything's well.

I'll call ya.

/M
jeb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilinh wrote:
So you want people to post in this journal?

Hehe yeah... it's more like a personal news post. Should perhaps not be sticky... Oh, well, it's a hard life.

Syspurge: Hehe heya! Yeah, too bad we missed out on the Indian food Sad Next time, Gadget! I'll call you tomorrow, too much Daria-devving now Wink
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that you're doing something!

Looks like you have much work left. Could we expect a finnished version this spring? I know that the dev team doen't lika deadlines but it's hard to look forward to something when you have absolutely no idea when i will ready

Anyway, keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AquaritsBR
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely !!!

We are very anxious to play and to review the old people Very Happy.

By the way, Jeb, you have a relation of emails registered in the old server of WiA?
All will have to be in the DOD. I can see that some people arent in the forums Razz

Visite : http://paginas.terra.com.br/lazer/akarriansoul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Talonz
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's coming along, keep up the hard work jeb!

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: