Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tear of a fallen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FurirMorot
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morot knew his friend wasn't telling him the whole truth. The Najo, though a great warrior, wasn't a very skilled lier.
"So basically you don't know why the Theraks hunt you?" Morot asked.
"No, all I know was that I was tracking the dark ones, went in to one of their old temples, and suddenly all those bloody whiteskins are trying to kill me", the giant replied.
"So nothing happened, nothing at all?"
"NO!, I told you so!"
Morot shot a glance at his friend, but said nothing, just simply taking a drink of his wine.
"Anyway," the man said, "I need you to help me. The Theraks are attacking us. I don't know why, and I don't know how many, but I know that we are the only real soldiers in the area, and that we must defend ourselves"
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morot pulled is chair closer to his friend, and produced a map.
"Look here", he said, pointing at the area east of the city, "these areas has been calm for years, no fighting between the races what so ever. The Theraks are depending on the trade of these cities for grain mainly, and the whiteskin towns around have always been rather civilized. Then suddenly, they start to withdraw from the setlements, stops trading, and start to attack foreigners to close to whiteskinland. Thats why we were called here, the only professional regiment for hundreds of miles."
Morot stopped and lit a smoke, offering one to Najo, and then continued:
"Now all of sudden reports of a large army appearing from nowhere starts to come in, and that they are marching for us. They will be here within four days, and most likely they outnumber us, greatly. I have assumed command of the whole region, and I am starting to prepare for battle, but honestly, we can't win without help. The Siman soldiers they have here are too untrained to withstand an attack from the Theraks, and regiment is only three thousand men, with only six hundred heavy cavalry. As it is now, we are lost."
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's were you come in the picture. I must stay here and lead the fight, and our old Siman friend must stay to keep the calm. So I need you to travel to our inns and start the drumms. We've been granted great wealths by the Simans, and together with our coffers, you should be able to raise quite an army. I know your people skills are legendary, but I really need you this time. I trust you.
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the same time as Ma'Reaka rode out of the city to try to raise an army, while Morot and Lareal wre metting the High Council of the Siman Cities, the Therak general Mah'Shimba Kri'Low looked down on the map of the land he was supposed to conquer. The smell of the rotting heads outside of his tent filled his sensitive nose, infuriating him with remembrance of the beheaded's incompitence, allowing the beast to run away with his knowledge. Feeling a headache building in his head, he took of the Black Steel Crown, throw in the corner. After studieing the map for a couple of moments, he then smiled.
"Do not worry, he told his liuetenants, the human soldiers pose no problem."
"I've heard about this regiment, contempt filling his low voice, and while compitent enough soldiers, they're like all humans, cowards. They will break before our might!"
"Go, prepare the troops, we march tomorrow."
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morot plumped down in the chair, tired on the border of exhausted. The meeting with the High Lords had been a disaster. There scouts reported a force of 14000 Theraks marching for the capital, and that they would arrive in three weeks. They had beleaved that the strategy was set, that all soldiers should be consentrated in around the city, where they would let them selves be besieged, awaiting reinforcements, both the soldiers that Ma'Reaka was gathering, and help from their old Najo-allies. They had allready begun to prepare the evacuation of the civilians Even Lareal had agreed, and none of them had been happy when he said his opinion. But he was the soldier among them, and he knew strategy. No commander would be stupid enough to besiege a well-defended city, when the rest of the land lay open to be conquered. He KNEW that the enemy had other forces marching towards the other cities right know, and he KNEW that those had to be defeated first. On open plains. That were their only chance, slim but there!
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days later Morot led his forces to western parts of the land. The sounds of thousands of mails, both plates, chains and splints, filled the air, acompanied by the sounds of hoofs, boots and the heavy breathing of both men and beast. As the sun passed zenith, and the soldiers started to long for their midday break, the first refugess startet to startet to fill the road, travling to the capital against both his orders and logic. As the the old knight started to feel nauseious from the smell of sunbaked horsedung, urin, horses' and senteint beings' both, and the heavy odour of swet, the first messenger arrived.
"Sir!" the soldier salutet smartly.
"Yes soldier, you may speak?" Morot replied.
"I bring message that the garrison of Melimbra has started to march, according to your order" the young Siman told, nervously flickering.
"Do not be afraid soldier, I am not has harsh as most human commanders.", Morot calmed the messenger, slightly amused at the reputation of human disciplin. "Instead, tell me the exakt numbers of soldiers the Lords sent away"
"Almost everyone MyLord, three hundred swords, nine hundred bows to the city and five hundred irregulars are allready starting to search for the enemy"
Morot smiled a grim smile. At last, something going his way. Simans weren't stupid if you knew how to deal with them, and they were never afraid. Those irregulars were mayby the nastiest thorn on the side you could get.
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep writing! i want to know what happends!

(aside from the spelling mistakes) its great!
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morot sat tiried in his sadle. They had been on the road for three days. where staring to feel the wear. A day ago scouts had proven him right. Two thousand soldiers from the main army had broken from the rest to join a force of three thousand in the north heading for the two cities there. With any luck the towns people had listen to his orders and fled, leaving only a small defending force. He was still waiting for reports from both Ma'Raeka and his irregulars, but that have to wait. He had two days to reach Manarva, the most southern town before a third force of six thousand theraks counqered it.
His enemy was gambling. The splitting of forces helped taking the lands much quicker, but it was a risk that didn't make full stratigical sence. But no thinking about that right now. He had a force of five thousand soldiers with him, and he had to win this battle without heavy losses. That was a hard enough puzzle right there!
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days later Morot passed the last city of the Siman the necklass and awaited the report from his second in comand; the human Colonell Dram von Riechter. His old friends face, coarse like a farmers, was wrinkled with worries.
"Morot, the enemy has prepared for battle!"
"What's there position?"
"Two miles down south, formation as expected, but there must be over eight thousand soldiers down there!"
"Ah, Morot replied, so they've gotten reinforcements... Do we know if they are from they main army or forces yet uncounted for?"
"No information as yet! , the old soldier replied. May I speak freely Sir?"
"Don't need to ask friend?"
"We won't live through this, will we? Dram asked with concern in his voice. The men aren't fully aware of the situation, but there's rumors..."
"Don't worry friend. I will not lead my soldiers in to a war there's no chance of winning! Stick to the plan in this battle, and I will solve the rest!"
FurirMorot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two hours later the battle begun. Morot looked on his enemy. In the front the fearfull Therak crossbows, behind them heavy spear and lastly Therak standard infatnry, the real killers of the Therak army. As expected. No gasguns though, thank the Gods for that. Those bullets hardly penetrated plate, but they scared the living hell out of the horses. Morot looked on his army. The light cavalry, hussars with cavalry crossbows had been splitted in two squadrons of two hundred each, one to the right and on two left.
His Siman archers where splitted in two companies five hundred each on each flank in the front. Between them where the heavy cavalry. Two wings of two hundred soldiers each witch mixed Uhlans and the more heavely armoured knights and the two hundred Dragoons in the middle.
Behind them Siman swordsmen, a thousand, quick and deadly. Lastly two thousand of the regiment infantry, almost entirely human altought all races where represented. They where armed with polearms and heavy short swords and fought the way all northern mercenaries fought, relying in brute force and momentum more than individuall skill.
The battle was set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: