Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

505 days
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuliusCaesar
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: 505 days Reply with quote

it's been 505 days since WiA was shut down,

I was just wondering if there was any chance of getting an ETA on DoD.

and if you feel like posting soemthing that says, "the ETA is when people stop asking" or anything simular to that then you could keep your comments to yourself.

If absolutely no one from the DEV team can give a general ETA of even an alpha-stage release then you guys must not care too much about deadlines.
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter when they release it because you will still play it no matter what time. Also the dev team doesn't have an ETA because they are still working on putting alot of content into it and making it a good game. But by the speed im pretty sure that it wont be this year.

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say restart the timer, but Origon and I took it out to a field and blew it up.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
I would say restart the timer, but Origon and I took it out to a field and blew it up.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How dare you ?!!!! I want DoD's release back... But I guess anyone's idead 'bout the release date (no matter how small the font of idea is) is nothing, but just an idea. sob-sob. Blowing up the timer aint good!!! Cruel you are!
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuliusCeasar,

If you are willing to start writing checks to each Dev Team member to cover rent/food and well beer for everyone but me Razz then I am certain we could start giving you set deadlines.

The fact of the mater life happens, and life comes first when it comes to that versus this project. This project is coming along slower than most would like but the fact remains it is coming along. We've produced a few Pre-Alpha versions and we have our dev goals on the team, but at the sametime we make sure these goals are not overburdening to where it would burn out members that have more tasks than others.

There is a fine balance you need to strike with "deadlines" and "goals" when you are not being payed.

So if anyone wants to step up and fund the devs as they produce this project I would say we could give you more set deadlines, but unfortunately life and bills come first then hobbies.

This is my personal say in the mater not the official stance of the development team.

As for your question we have not announced a date but I would like to see playerbase testing towards fall and perhaps more open testing towards winter.. thats what I would like to see, it is not up to me whether it happens earlier or later.

Hope this helps.
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now, i would get a job and donate my cash, but no one will hire someone under 18 here it seems; not even at the crocery store or video store! Even fast food wants you 18+ (that is becuase it is summer, adn there is an overflow of aplicants, so they narow it down that way)....so i would help if i could

Anyways, you give us a good thing to look forward to: winter

pardon the question, but other what gameplace features are there left to do? bug fixing, graphix, yea, of course; I mean things that you havent even started yet, major things like that
just questions, not demands-purely curiousity

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drogla wrote:
now, i would get a job and donate my cash, but no one will hire someone under 18 here it seems

Yes, it's true the summer injection of people into the workforce plays the biggest role in that, but the real issue is, at 18 you're a legal adult and the company or person that hires you is not 100% liable for you and all damages you create for others or yourself. Should you injure someone or damage their property while you're under 18, your employer is responsible for everything. After 18, they only assume partial liability, and they can sue you for their financial losses after the other person gets done sueing them.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
JuliusCaesar
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well atm I'm unemployed, I'm a software developer, and where I live there isn't much demand for people in my profession but if I was working I would throw a few bucks your way every now and again, maybe you would make a paypal accound for the dev team and set up a link under the <a>forums</a> tag that would be a donate button.
Raven
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that paypal thing might not be a bad idea. Not saying it's mandatory or anything. But here's what I think. Everyone 18 or over (or if you have a job atm) should throw $5 in the devs. I mean come on, it's $5. You spend more money at f ing McDonald's. If an account was set up, I would be the first to donate. I really admired WiA and would like to see DoD complete its development. Plus, besides college saving I really don't have much to buy right now. You could make it the "beer fund" or "brothel money" to keep you guys working. Anyways, I think that was a great idea.
Eponick
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I could say for everyone to do at the momment is stick with us and support us through the summer months as they are very hard for no-pay projects like this.
As for an ETA I would like to see some people from the community invited to play around a bit as a closed-beta this year but thats just what I want, its a different thing to actually get it Razz.
Even if there was a closed beta this year it wouldnt be untill fall-winter as we still have alot to do before its presentable to anyone but devs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: