Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Alignment Reply with quote

I'm not too sure if this topic has already been covered, but i think it would be quite cool if there was to be the concept of good and evil involved. kind of like the good-side and the dark-side.

Maybe there would be different paths for the beginning quests and whichever you take, your alignment meter would change until you become a deffinate side and then the good people would recieve quests from the "good leader" and the bad from the "bad leader" or whatever you want to call them.

This would also determin what skills you learn, possibly.
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quest/ you just walk in the stinky street of medieval europe, when suddenly rushed by a young woman in a ragged dress. She looks at you painfully. "I'm not a witch" - she says and you almost suffer yourself seeing suffering in her deep green eyes. She then runs to the nearby gateway. Then a group of knights accompanying a priest of Holy Inquisition comes nearby. "Did you see the witch here?" - one of them asks.

Tell me now, what is good and what is bad. Whom will you assist? Of course you will be cursed by the opposite side that would call you "bad", no matter whom you choose. Another situation, even more contradictory/ you are asked by a landlord to retrieve an Item(say, family heirloom), that is told to be stolen. You come where it's thief is supposed to be and find a father of ten children, whose wife died and the kids are on the brink of the same. He says that he really did steal the heirloom but because of the money he earned for it, his children won't die of starvation this month. He also says that the landlord stole all of his money (then goes the story of treacherous lies)

So, who's right here? Good and Bad depends on how much you know, it depends on your own seeing of whta is good or bad. See DND alignments for details =)
Erevan
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then maybe the quests will have to be more thought out then just "Did you see a Witch?" Being asked a question is not a quest anyways.

It was just an idea.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concept of good and evil has been discussed in great detail before, check this link. http://www.dawnofdaria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=448 Come on people... If you don't know if something's been discussed before, use the fucking search button... That's what it's there for.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erevan wrote:
...Being asked a question is not a quest anyways.

what's a quest then? bring me 10 furs of rabbit? !lol! that be not a full quest, just a beginning of it to show the relativity of good and evil.

"search" sux. no it doesn't for anyone but me. I'm damned to type search strings that no search engine can understand. They just don't work as they're supposed to. sob-sob Crying or Very sad
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I hit search and put in good, and nothing came back, I put in evil and a list of topics came back, one apporpriately titled Good and Evil, upon opening that thread, my first comment pointed to the link I posted above which takes you to the thread where the concept was discussed before. Searching is easy if you don't overthink everything.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: