Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Wow, need a new graphics card
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Getting Wow, need a new graphics card Reply with quote

Hey a lot of my friends have this game so I decided to get it also. My computer is crap so I need to upgrade it, but I know nothing about graphics card and such. So what would a good, not hundreds of dollars graphics card that will run thks game. Also, are card hard to install?
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card are easy to install its a matter of unscrewing your old one and pluging and screwing your new one in,

And from personal experience a GeForce 3 Ti 200 runs this game sufficientaly well with little slowdown and with it being a couple of years old it should be cheap enough, however if willing to spend alittle more go for the GeForce 4 series or if possible 5 its a question of how much you want to spend really.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's very easy to insall a gfx card. And you'll get everything you need to install it if you buy a retail card
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drogla
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i upgradd my graphix card a last year-to a Gforce 4 or or soemthing
i hat a crappy TNT card or soemthing like that.....
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember though, if you install a new card and your old one was installed on the motherboard itself (meaning onboard graphics), you'll need to plug your monitor into the new output, rather then leaving it in the old. Other then that, the cards themselves are easy to install... Make sure you push it all the way in. Be gentle so you don't crack the board, but then again, be forcefull to get it all the way in, they really can take quite a bit of pressure before they crack. Blah blah blah, this and that... Yeah, I'm too tired to be helpful. ^^ Oh and you might have to change something in the BIOS to use the new card if the old is onboard.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Radeon 9800+ like me.. has good shader effects an' shit. Also, when you make your char, if its a horde char make it on Bladefist server.. if alliance, make it on Skullcrusher.

My alliance char: Nogusta
My horde char: Dargum

Add them to friends Very Happy
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to finals being the last couple of weeks, I am sad to say that I have not had enough free time to get it. I just thought of something though...I have 256 mb of ram Sad If I buy more, can I add it to the 256 or do I need to replace it. Like if i get another 256 will I have 512 ram or will it just replace it.
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether you have any empty memory slots on your motherboard.
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram is a tricky business in buying it, so i suggest you open up the side of your pc and see if you have any free ram slots, if so download some software to check what type it is, aka what pin it is and what PC it is, then buy according to that ;p,
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have free spots, add. If you don't have free spots, replace the smaller RAM cards with bigger ones.

'Course, if your PC is like mine and it uses SDRAM... You have to be willing to spend lots of money on it. It's very fast, but you MUST buy it in like pairs... Meaning for 256 megs of RAM you must buy two 128 meg cards and install them in the paired slots next to each other. Kinda makes upgrading a bitch.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: