Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admins in Daria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
all part of the same guild/clan or just not let them be a part of any.

Back in Dransik we had a guild full of admins (not a pure admin guild but they had like 4-8 admins in :E) and most of them were like the most annoying elitistic bastards I've ever seen, my opinion is a strong NO on admin clans/guilds. Razz
Rech
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, did it cause any problems in Akarra that I was an admin and had my own clan? Or did any other admins abuse their powers because they were in a clan?

No?

If you gave the admins that spell that destroys equipment and removes exp, what makes you think they run around randomly zapping people before finding out if the players have done something wrong or not? Or use it against players in an enemy clan (well maybe they'll do that if you pick these 12 year old whiners :P). I just think it would a more effective way to control the players than just saying "Please dont do that again or I'll slap you on the wrist.".

edit:

Eh, horrible smilies! :E

BatMUD!
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the admins in Akarra were all fine and I had no touble with them. Like Rech said, he was one and had a respectable clan.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeHappy was a bad admin. Fortunately he wasn't at war while being one...
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
MikeHappy was a bad admin. Fortunately he wasn't at war while being one...

That was because Trance was a horrible developer.
Rech
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's understandable that devs make bad choices and the admin powers are just too much for some people, but hopefully the devs can correct their mistakes before the rogue-admins get any damage done.

Hmm, being an admin is so damn hard. Sure, it's easy to help confused newbies and reset bugging quests and answer peoples questions. Unfortunately it's not always so easy. Too often I got tells in Akarra where people complained that "XXX is pkilling me" "YYY is killstealing" etc. Sometimes you just have to ignore those, because there is no way to find out what has happened and has someone broken the rules. Sometimes "the other guy" is being an arrogant asshole causing trouble, so it's not difficult to decide if you need to punish someone or not, but usually you just find two guys accusing each other and there's nothing you can do. Dunno what I'm trying to say, people whine too much, I guess. In muds I have learned to take care of my own problems instead of whining about every pkill and injustice. Sometimes a pkill will teach you a valuable lesson about the game and it's rules/customs, but unfortunately in these "easy to play" games, pkillers are just some messed up kids on a killing spree.

Sooo, you dont really have to be monitoring the game 24/7 and interfere with every little injustice, sometimes it's better to let the people solve their own problems. Admins are supposed to be GRIM demigods punishing the puny mortals.. BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

..or maybe not.

/grumble

edit:

More crap! Normally 'the assholes' start behaving when there's an admin around, but continue making trouble when there's no admin watching. If admins had bigger guns 'the assholes' might behave most of the time because they are afraid someone could be watching and could even punish them somehow.

*hides the keyboard and finally shuts up*

BatMUD!
Fledge
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trance was a godmoding admin. He had invisibility boots that acted as a steed and made him invisible. I remember him stalking me through a forest near Hope while invisible and slaughtering any animals nearby, before I'd be able to get close enough to attack.

I also remember Jamakris abusing his powers to help all his friends. Teleporting himself and others around, was the only way I knew of it. I remember being in a fellowship in the Stronghold that he teleported out to Wraith Woods. I was against his abuse of power, but didn't want to be separated from my fellowship.

(( When I was even more stupid than I am now, I pointed out that there was a lack of active North American moderators and arrogantly asked to apply. If I was in their position, I wouldn't hire anyone who asked either enless applications were asked for from the person specifically or the public in general. Shortly after I made my inquiry about the lack of North American admins, Jamakris became an admin. I felt really stupid that my inquiry had lead to the hiring of someone so abusive of their power. No, I was not jelous, for I doubt that I wouldn't have abused my powers a little if I had been in Jamakris's place. ))

Player elected moderators wouldn't solve the problem. In my opinion, it all depends on the head admin or council of head admins that makes the decisions. They must be aware, ethical, impartial and keep high security to do better than Akarra's moderators and admins did.

In no way am I saying that all the moderators and admins were bad, I encountered plenty of decent ones. I am not here to post about the appropriateness, I am here to post about the fairness to players.
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a good admin. Even though I insult just about everyone. I am honest and I wouldn't abuse my powers. Although I have a snowballs chance in hell so im not applying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: