Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admins in Daria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mabus wrote:
Its scary to think that 10 people could get together and report lies about you and you could get your account banned. I don't like the Karma Idea one bit.

Yep. Looking at the morons we had playing akarra, gerbo, dragongod, gon, draven etc, if people like them played, they would most likely do that. Razz
Though we would do it to them too.. resulting in TOTAL ANNIHILATION! BUHADHASHDHAdsadh..ha haa.
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we are looking to much at how should we bann the abusers.

why not concentrate on the cause instead?

we would merely be mending the symptoms of a disiese.
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@thewreck - you are asking for the impossible there.. a Utopian Game Community. All you can do is mend the disease you can't cure it completely no mater what you do.

@dw - I think there would be equal bias if a player you know had moderator powers and you and him don't get along and he stumbles across you or one of your guildmates perhaps picking on a new player just verbally.. next thing you know you've lose an item and talked 5% experience because the moderator didn't even think twice before talking to you about what you or your guildmate went wrong.

How many pms or e-mails do you think thewreck & Kinten would have to deal as admins everyday of people complaining of biased moderators?

The only solution is to make moderators come from outside the game or give the junior staff of Daria Moderator status.. like Ceth and others that are joining the project now.
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new. I will be a Moderator. Cool
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mabus wrote:
I am new. I will be a Moderator. Cool

Thats like saying i'll take over kintens job Confused
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a very harsh view on games..

now, make of this comparison what you will but:

look at chess, if there was online chess, and all the rules were programmed in so you couldnt just take your hand and clear the entire board, and you could move when it wasnt your turn, there wouldnt be need for admins to monitor each game of chess to make sure it played well.

An mmorpg is a vastly larger and more complicated game, so it wouldnt be as easy to reach the point where adminds where unnessecary / or almost unnessecary. With that kind of attitude, of course we will never reach it.

but im saying, that should be the goal

1. cure the disease.
1b, didnt work?, try another cure.
1c, didnt work?, try an experimental never before tested cure.
1d, didnt work?, call an admin to handle the problem until a cure can be found.

admins are not permanent solutions, they are temporary.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed that admins are only temporary solutions, but Idon't think they have to come from outside either. There are several intelligent, well respected players in this community. Give it time and you will know who they are. A solution to the enemy clan guild thing is make all admins, moderators, staff ect. all part of the same guild/clan or just not let them be a part of any. With power comes responsibility, as well as sacrafice. The easiest way to get a fair admin is to not let them be a part of most of the more fun aspects of the game. This way you get people who are dedicated to community building, rather then their own pursuits.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Mabus
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need is police to police the police. If the admins had regular players like me watching them, then they could not get away with being bias.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because now you need twice as many people. Just find those that are interested in making the community a better place, rather then mostly advancing themselves and you got yourself a good pick.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want players who are involved with all the power struggles to be admins. I'm sure you all thought Legolas was a benevolent and heroic character, but that's because they never gave him the Ring. I simply don't trust that it won't be used as a weapon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: