Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knitting together the community
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, different towns is a good idea but not have them a crazy distance apart from eachother. For example, have towns apart from each other as that starting tomb and hope was, if you get my drift. Not far apart at all so people can still communicate and fight together, but far enough apart to have space for everyone.
BudMan
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by BudMan on Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's more then one town, maybe we won't have to deal with that issue like we did with Rupert and always having to kill the rabbits and mice eating his crops. ;D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
maestro
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No poor Rupert, he must have had really big problems. Very Happy

Anyways, if we would have different starting points, it would be nice if the birth place, or whatever you should call it, is stored with your character. Otherwise people would probably forget it (not me, but others might), and it would be nice to be able to call yourself "Paramir of Hope" or whatever.

Another thing is that the whole world and all the towns might not be implemented from the start, which means that the old towns would probably be the home for players that have been playing for a long time. And when new towns are implemeted, these will be occupied with new characters. This is probably what would happen, and it could be an imbalance between the towns, at least at the start. I guess that's the only way to do it anyway.
BudMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by BudMan on Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind everyone not knowing everyone. At least it can create some fun and interesting wars if it's simply for the challenge of it, rather than carrying out a grudge. 'cause Akarra wars were... grudges, grudges, grudes. Not... hey, I heard Radiant Souls are damn good at castle defense, let's see if they can beat our siege tactics. 'course, taking over their castle might generate a grudge, but but. :D
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
I heard Radiant Souls are damn good at castle defense, let's see if they can beat our siege tactics.

Oh yeah, that'd mean that a 'food system' would need to be implemented. Pretty hard to starve an Akarrian character me-thinks. :]
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea of a birthplace, and being born to a random town. also, was the player-founded city system still planning on being implemented? because then, you may decide that you need so many people living in the player made town for it to become eligible to be a "starter city", like maybe have 15 or so people, a blacksmith, a tailor, and maybe a stables. otherwise, a character may just create a town with no resources in the middle of nowhere, just to piss off other players. and castle defense would be fun, adding some way of starving out other characters...
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would creating a town out in the middle of no where piss people off? That's kind of how most towns are started anyway. People going from point A to point B "Man, I wish there was a place to resupply on the way... Too bad we're out in the middle of no where..." People going from point B to point A 10 years later "Wow, this is nice, a place to hang out, resupply, and rest out the night. That used to be such a long walk to make even by horse, but now... Now we got a half way town."

Hell, I'd set up my house out in the middle of no where just for the fun of it. Little band of explorers come knocking on my door wondering why I'm all by myself all the way out here. Cause I felt like building a house here, that's why. =D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean like a town without any kind of merchants, or nothing to hunt, or everything there will kill you in 2 hits, and your char is stuck there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: