Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From WiA to DoD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: From WiA to DoD Reply with quote

Who am I?
Or what am I?
My memories are dim, but still I recall this is not the first time I feel the ground beneath my feet. Far from it, I've lived a life in the place so far and another, yet so very similar to this. I'd call myself an ordinary adventurer but for some strange ideas appearing in my head from time to time... Those are not my ideas, as there's nothing in this world, the ideas refer to. Unknown words. I sometimes doubt my sanity, but besides that strange ideas and dreams I'm quite normal... Everything may seem odd and unexplained, but understanding will come later, as I continue my story.

I once was a common adventurer in the world of Akarra - my home and native land. Common means I did what anyone else would do. I bravely fighted mighty rabbits and turtles, combining furs and pieces of turtle shells. That was a wonderful time! Then I once spoke to Nicolas the Elder and my quest-life started. I tried to discover and complete as much quest as I could. Just because I felt curious. I never liked the process of becoming stronger via killing monsters, but some quests required a certain level of experience. I felt lonely, always wandering the world alone. That may be the reason, for my liking to hunt monsters in a company. Yet, finding an apropriate comrades was quite a task. I then discovered that not only can I combine smaller things to get bigger, but also I can bring different items to Hartmut, if don't confuse his name, and for a small fee he would craft a good pieces of equipment out of them. Holger the Smith could improve weapons, removing rust from old ones and so on. That was another nice discovery I made. With new good weapons and armor I managed to proceed farther than before and find new mysterious areas, monsters, quests...

I've had many wonderful adventures, some of which only my battle journal still remembers, but then I once realised everything's wrong. I felt the world will be no more soon. I didn't know, why I was so sure, but I just somehow knew. Right at that time my illness first showed itself. I gathered Rupert's apples, because I was too upset to do anything more complex, when a sudden flash of bright light almost blinded me. I tried to ask people around but noone noticed anything. They looked at me as if I were a madman. And then I thought "SERVER WILL BE STOPPED". That wasn't a thought of mine, but I clearly realised it's connected with the world's soon ending. What is a server? - I thought - someone or something that serves, would be the normal answer, but I knew the answer lied somewhere else. My efforts were useless - I couldn't find the meaning of the prophecy, neither could I understand it's meaning. In about two days I had another "thought". THE CREATOR DECIDED SO, THE DECISIONS OF CREATOR ARE NOT TO BE ALTERED. Who is the creator? A One, possessing power to end our world, and One who created it? Still more questions and no answers.

Soon everything, as I expected, tuned into nothing. The life in its common meaning ended, but... I somehow still existed. Trying to describe the physical condition I was in still gives me the shudders. It was a black void. A void so full and whole and complete that there could be nothing else but this void. Nothing. But I somehow managed to exist in this void, or even coexist with it. My thought floated slowly past the blinking white spot of light, which, I believe, was my personality. Seeing own thoughts is fun. I knew many new things which I could not understand. Forums, sites, messages, engine and preview... The last word appeared just before I once again felt ground beneath my feet. And so we came to where we started.

I hope to live once again soon. Live as I lived long ago, or may be even better, who knows...
catslayer
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone??? c'mon wrtie some response. Is it holy crappy, or godly nice? Is it too complex(smart=) or too stupid? I want some feedback, plea-a-a-ase >=)
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this some time ago and i found it pretty nice, aside from the occasional spelling mistakes.

You have a nice perspective to what happened =)
Luke
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its very nice
Slayermagic
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good, but the beginning could be better BD. All you're basically doing is repeating what you have done in akarra as most here have done aswell.
Otherwise, i like the Void thing Very Happy (FS power Very Happy )

-If you're not living life on the edge, then your taking up too much space
-No matter which direction you start, it's always against the wind coming back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: