Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to be apart of the Dawn of Daria Staff?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Want to be apart of the Dawn of Daria Staff? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Currently the Dawn of Daria team is looking to bring on quite a few writers to its design department. I've seen a lot of good writers in the community and we want to give the community a chance to apply for these positions.

A few upfront notices.

1. The writing staff will have seperate forums from the complete design of Dawn of Daria.
2. The writing staff will have a seperate IRC channel than the one currently being used for the development of Dawn of Daria.
3. There is no compensation (Money) for the work you provide.
4. All story and quest ideas that you come up with for the Dawn of Daria project become property of the Dawn of Daria project.
5. You will get your name entered into the credits at the games finalized state as well as a listing on the web-page.

These are just some common questions that I think would come up following this post.

Below is the requirements and application process.

--------------

In order to help us (Dawn of Daria Team) find the type of writer and style we are looking for we are requesting that the applicant provide a short story of original work. Bonuses to the writer if he/she uses concept art and background of the Races and other locations that have been released on the Dawn of Daria forums (http://www.dawnofdaria.com). Once this short story is compiled draw out a few quest lines from it with NPC Dialogue to react to different situations and outcomes of that quest.

Writer - The applicant will be working directly with the Dawn of Daria Project Manager, Lead Designer as well as department head. The applicant will need to be able to use IRC and be able to attend bi-monthly meetings to report progress of assigned tasks.

To Apply:

Write an Original Short Story of anything you choose that would best display your ability to write and be creative. Special Recognition given to those writers that use released information about the game on our Forums (http://www.dawnofdaria.com).

Once the short story is complete, write a few quests to go along with it (1-2 is fine). The quest should also have accompanied NPC dialogue with different outcomes based on the quests success or failure.

Please send this and your resume of past work and writing to Kalorian@dawnofdaria.com.

Deadline: Monday, May 2nd (12am EST)

As well as writers we are looking to add more 2d Pixel Artists. Our current artists are getting bogged down by the amount of art work and adjustments that need to be complete.

2d Pixel Artist - The applicant will be working directly with the Dawn of Daria Project Manager, Lead Designer as well as department head. The applicant will need to be able to use IRC and be able to attend bi-monthly meetings to report progress of assigned tasks.

Specialities (a plus)

- Inventory Sprites
- World Sprites
- All other Pixel Art

To Apply:

Please send your resume and any past work to Kalorian@dawnofdaria.com

Deadline: Until Filled
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resum sent (writer) Very Happy
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your submission Writer101.

We will be reviewing all applications after the deadline and will be contacting those we want to speak with more about becoming apart of the writing staff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i should finsh my book by then

keep me informed i am always willing to worck on a short story or anytihng with writing

No school like the old school
Artemis
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, dusted and sent.
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, wreckie turned me down a while ago when I applied for writer - because you 'already had enough'. I bet you'd like me in now eh? Cool

Sent you a short story about a certain assassin.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but if you still want to write you can apply again.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Raven
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing is like the soil, the more you re-hash/fertilize it, the better you become at it. Maybe he turned you downed because he didn't like your style of writing. Anyways, I'm writing mine right now. Hope you guys like the story.
Writer101

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey this thing ended on the 2nd right? i havent received any email that im in or not so can somone hall at me please thank you
Drogla
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writer101 wrote:
hey this thing ended on the 2nd right? i havent received any email that im in or not so can somone hall at me please thank you

you DO realize that they probobly got tons and tons of emails for both Art and Writing, so it iwll take several days not only to sort through and read them, let alone make decisions,

Be patient
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: