Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enquillion's Healing Concept
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While at work today my radio broke and it occured to me that I should have been more specific when I said it allows for more classes. Well, I can't get much clearer then that, but maybe offering up ideas for classes and such.

***First Tier Healer***

Mundane -> Alcolyte

Alcolyte gains the basics like Enq said. Weak healing spells: Tend wounds, minor elemental cure, Spirit touch, lesser prismatic healing.

***Second Tier Healers***

Alcolyte -> Nurse/Elemental Cleric/Priest

All classes retain previously learned spells.

Nurse gains normal physical damage type healing: Cure wounds. They also get physical damage type resistance spells: stone skin.

Elemental Cleric gains normal elemental damage type healing: Major Elemental Cure. They also get 4 elemental damage type resistances: Water/Wind/Fire/Earth resistance.

Priest gains normal Holy damage type healing: Spirit Embrace. They also get 2 types of Holy damage type resistance: Holy/Unholy Ward.

***Third Tier Healers***

Nurse -> Doctor

Doctor gains advanced Physical damage type healing: Heal Wounds. They also gain advanced physical type damage resistance: Inertia Shield. They also gain the normal universal type healing: Prismatic Healing.

Elemental Cleric -> Elemental Guard

Elemental Guard gains advanced elemental damage type healing: Elemental Heal. They also gain advanced Elemental type damage resistance: Water/Wind/Fire/Earth Protection. They also gain the normal universal type healing: Prismatic Healing.

Priest -> Bishop

Bishop gains advanced Holy damage type healing: Spirit Restore. They also gain advanced Holy type damage resistance: Holy/Unholy Guard. They also gain the normal universal type healing: Prismatic Healing.

***Fourth Tier Healers***

Doctor -> Surgeon

Surgeon gains physical type damage immunity: Fortify. They also gain the advanced universal type healing: Greater Prismatic Healing.

Elemental Guard -> Elemental Defender

Elemental Defender gains Elemental type damage immunity: Water/Wind/Fire/Earth immunity. They also gain the advanced universal type healing: Greater Prismatic Healing.

Bishop -> Cardinal

Cardinal gains Holy type damage immunity: Holy/Unholy Immunity. They also gain the advanced universal type healing: Greater Prismatic Healing.

Maybe I can rework them a bit and come up with a fifth tier, but I think that should be sufficient to illustrate a split in healer types.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea is a bit different. It wouldn't isolate healing to clerics. Though, I am hoping that there would be additional branches after each new tier in your idea, 'cause else you're doomed to become a Cardinal the moment you pick Priest. However, they fit well as main healers and as such, I think it's good that only they have the strongest generic healing spell.

Druids could have some abilities similar to the elemental branch (elemental healing/protection) of this tree, or even branch from it, but instead of prismatic healing (etc) they'd have their nature-based spells.

Even in the mage tree, there could be classes with healing abilities. Warlocks with Unholy Cure, water-specialized mages with Watery Counter, etc.
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I <3 Enq.

I would expand on the distinction between 'physical' healers, nurses, doctors, etc. and spiritual healers. (sort of like what Stant said) I think this would make a great distinction, and open up new opportunities. fun!

You could also figure minor healing into other classes. For example, rangers get used to healing arrow wounds, so they have a skill that will heal a minor amount of pierce damage.

I don't think complexity is a problem, you don't want to be placing the safety of your party in someone who isn't smart enough to figure out the controls. Healers should be intelligent: there's a reason doctors go through 539,359 years of school.
Stant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to isolate it to clerics, I was showing how that particular tree can be expanded from the same simple straight line. Although I didn't do much better... Three branches off the main. Maybe going back in the elemental cleric and going to a specific element guard like a fire guard. They'd be able to heal and protect from fire damage simply, yet the opposite element of water would be very tough for them... But yeah, I'd expect other classes to get minor forms of the healings or resistances at some point, just like I'd expect clerics to be able to learn a variety of basic melee/ranged/magic skills to make them a little more then heal bitches (As you say) or protection whores (as I say to keep with tradition).
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I sit sniffing and with a sore throat in my room, it occurs to me that sickness, poison and curses should be added to this concept.

It's kind of obvious, but physical doctors should be better at healing sickness, and holy clerics at dispelling curses.

There's also the possibility of more subtle forms of slow-damaging-processes. For example, in extremely cold mountains, a tiny HP-decrease due to the frost could occur. A fire-specializing cleric could easily neutralize this. After being hit with a fireball/fire breath/whatever from an enemy, there could be a small chance of continuing 'burn damage', which a water healer could get rid of. These wouldn't be deadly enough to destroy all soloing possibilities, but they would be a nuisance.
Stant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poison and sicknesses would be for the more physical side.
Curses and hexes are more on the spiritual (Holy) side.
I guess the elemental shouldn't have any ailement cures do to the fact that they get 4 types of heals and protections as I outlined them.

Good thought Misty, they completely slipped my mind.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty. BD

Well done getting sick like that, it helped. ^^

Elemental could still have ailment cures. Heck, I was just using those sub-categories as examples, there might as well be an additional type of physical damage (chopping?) and we'll have four sub-categories there as well.

Good it was brought up. Now, can I interest you for some Alzheimer's? Might provide us with even better ideas. C'mon, for the team! ^^
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggested sickness/disease a while ago and everybody shot it down. Sad

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
nebbish
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want healers to be clever? I better start rethinking what class i plan to be

Anyhow there are lots of good ideas running around here. I agree it wouldn't be a bad idea to give the healers at least something to play with offensive wise instead of just being healers who have to leg it away from lord birds all the time, like something to make them run away in fear for a change.

There would be a lot of categories of healing but i suppose after a while you would just get used to it. Hopefully healing won't be just a matter of clicking on people when they look like they got low numbers and it might actually involve a tiny bit of thinking.

but as long as we get to make choices in life and death when you'v only got time to heal one of them I will be happy Razz

stant - 13/345
origon - 5/342
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe have the priest type chars should be good with blunt weapons. the history channel has taught me that priests used maces so that they wouldn't have to draw blood from the opponent, they could just kill him in a clean way.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: