Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Discussion: Loot - CD I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About set items.. I'd like to see variations on the same set items. For example, The Rimfrost Antelope Armour of Mage-Death, Each different piece of this set item could have a varying benefit... say between 5% - 10% spell resistance. They are generated randomly, so if two people had a set of Rimfrost Antelope Armour of Mage-Death, it won't be the same.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Forefn
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. What do you like to find the most in loot? (loot being what you find from monsters you kill etc..)

Some variety as long as it's reasonable that the deceased monster would have been able to carry it around with them.

Quote:
2. Does finding Set Items interest you? Or would you rather found just very strong weapons?

Set items sounds like they could be interesting, but if the bonuses are too much it could be ruined quite easily. Maybe increased protection against an element if you're wearing a full set, since without a helmet, your head will still be vulnerable to whatever spell your armour has special protection against. Some variation in the same types would be nice though, with a normal distribution centering on moderate stats, and slightly higher stats more and more rarely. Balancing would probably be a problem there...

Quote:
3. Does finding crafting resources in loot bother you? Would it increase your interaction with the PC community or decrease?

I think that its a good idea. Maybe even if your findings simply had to be repaired before you could use them, due to damage sustained as you battered the monster, you would have to return to town and see more people every now and then.

Quote:
4. What bugs you the most about Loot?

Probably gaining items that a monster wouldn't have been carrying or wouldn't have been able to carry after a battle. I liked the Tower for its loot.
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manifold wrote:
About set items.. I'd like to see variations on the same set items. For example, The Rimfrost Antelope Armour of Mage-Death, Each different piece of this set item could have a varying benefit... say between 5% - 10% spell resistance. They are generated randomly, so if two people had a set of Rimfrost Antelope Armour of Mage-Death, it won't be the same.

Cool! Yet another gameplay thing that depends on luck! This be just what we needed. Evil or Very Mad
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Ruis.. my idea and concept of having you find Ancient Items and then having a seer identify them would be purely luck. And it would be more random as well. I don't want to see players farming certain monsters because they know a cool item drops from it eventually. Instead putting different type of Ancient Loot on different monsters throughout the world forces the player to travel and spend sometime at different hunting zones.. and not just the 'most uber monster' .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruisleipa wrote:
Manifold wrote:

Cool! Yet another gameplay thing that depends on luck! This be just what we needed. Evil or Very Mad

What's wrong with depending on luck? You know that if a piece of Rimfrost Antelope Armour of Mage-Death drops, it will definitely have 5% spell resistance, but may go up to, but not beyond 10% - a fuzzy certainty...

Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalorian wrote:
Actually Ruis.. my idea and concept of having you find Ancient Items and then having a seer identify them would be purely luck. And it would be more random as well. I don't want to see players farming certain monsters because they know a cool item drops from it eventually. Instead putting different type of Ancient Loot on different monsters throughout the world forces the player to travel and spend sometime at different hunting zones.. and not just the 'most uber monster' .

Oh sorry, my whole post was sarcasm of my bitterness toward my bad luck in past; for example, I was level 103 in Akarra and I lost duels to level 60 people all the time. Razz
Manifold

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame a bad stat system.. ;P

Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stant blames a bad stat system.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Cannibal
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Set gear. Reply with quote

Set gear. Hm. Well, Job advancement was going to be a part of Akarra. I.E. Apprentice Mage, Mage, {Job Tree for specialties}. I'd say once you got to the Specialty job and you maxed your level in that field (Unable to gain anymore experience), you have a final quest to undertake "Master Paladin" status, or "Master Ranger", that allowed you at the end, to make your own armor or just get the armor from the NPC you started the quest from. (You limit the number of bonuses but the player can choose "Oh, I want the +2 Str bonus and the +2 light Radius", the name of the armor is your own name + whatever armor type sounds more fitting for that job "Enquillion's Robes", and so on and so forth. ) Only masters of their profession and those that have shown their skill by completeing a hard quest should have "Set armor/weapons".
Maybe you could have new armor/weapons that you can get at each rank. Give a color Palette at creation of these rank items, a few other tweaks, perhaps a choice of your sprite for your particular armor(Lower rank items would have a small selection of sprites, so that lower levels couldn't look like a level 100) and you are good. The main problem with Akarra was that there was no way that you didn't want Superior Chain Mail. If Agi affected AC enough, well, you'd see more diversity. Maybe that was because there was only one level of the Dodge skill. Malystryx wouldn't have had to raise his Con so high just to stay alive and level. He could have dodged the monster's attacks. Balance. The bane of development.
Artemis
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of apparently pointless items which could be crafted into something powerful. My personnel favourite weapon was Bek's hammer in WiA which even after the secret leaked still took a lot of effort and travelling to get one.
Having to travel to the four corners of the earth to get a powerful item is much more fun than just finding one.
Also i'ld like the players to be on thier own in getting weapons and armour and discover it by themselves with no admins or developers help or hint. I was kind of annoyed when I overheard players openly talking about how to make a sharpened glaive (I think), which I would've liked to have found out for myself but, meh.
Players could usually devise some sort of system between drops so I had no bugs about drops at least not after the message who told you who got the drop came out. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: