Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that DoD should NOT have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, that wasn't specifically aimed at you, but good to hear you figured it out. =D BTW, I live in Los Angeles... I got the same issues over here, brudda. The reason why you didn't see many drops in Hope was because dropped equipment usually got sold to Nikolas for a little bit of coin, unless it was completely useless and newbies could use it to make their supplies a bit better and a little bit worth something. Also dropped items had an expiration. If it wasn't picked up, after 5 minutes I think was the time, it was destroyed.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
Soy comprende a poco.(i think thats right, but its probably not.)

Perhaps "Si, yo comprendo un poco"?

(That's what six years of spanish class gets me. I live in the northwest and should have taken something people actually speak here, like japanese, but the stupid school didn't offer it, so now I don't really have anyone to talk to and I'm rapidly forgetting my spanish.)
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had another idea that shouldn't be in DOD

-locked/trapped chests with loot; all chests should either be non-existant or unlocked.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
had another idea that shouldn't be in DOD

-locked/trapped chests with loot; all chests should either be non-existant or unlocked.

Why not? If people hide valuables they're not going to leave them around...they would lock them somewhere. I like having locked chests cause if you find one, it makes you curious and want to find the key. It's like a small quest.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if there was a key, then someone would find it and the treasure chest in the middle of the dungeon would be unopenable unless you knew how to pick locks or had a spell to unlock them, leaving fighters stuck lootless

for instance, in morrowind, i have never been able to play a default class without security, because it was too expensive to buy the scrolls/took too much time to get the spells.

so im gonna vote against any kind of locked chest.

Origon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could always try smashing the chest open with your Warhammer, or slashing the lid with your Great Axe. Then again, you could go and buy a simple lockpick, or have a lockpicking friend. But chests in houses should be locked at least. No one in their right mind would leave valuables in a treasure chest unlocked and unattended. In some dungeons, possibly...but it wouldnt be in a treasure chest. More like under some rock, im some bushes, w/e
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for locked chests. It makes a thief/rogue that much more usefull... Also gives certain mages the opportunity to get a lockpicking spell. It also opens up a locksmithing job and those that are career locksmiths would obviously have a much higher chance of opening a lock then just some random idiot...
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only way i could see locks working would be if the lock leveled for where it was, and a 'smashability' was added, although i can't see a guy with a sword smash open a heavy wooden chest, maybe a battle hammer or an axe or something, but sword users would be screwed.

maybe the inclusion of some type of 'amulet of opening' that can open certain locks and scales based on your level/the quality of the amulet, and has X number of charges that recharge in 24hrs.

i just think having locked chests in a dungeon might derive from the game. you just hack your way through a horde of darklings and kill the boss, barely surviving, only to find out that all the loot is locked, and by the time you get back to town to get a lockpick, the boss/minions have respawned.

Origon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what, you want to make everyone be able to get everything ? of course there needs to be some diff
HHero
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think DoD shouldnt have Enquillion cuz he is tooo good Razz

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: