Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that DoD should NOT have.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HHero
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Enquillion"]Money sinks are good for preventing inflation. And hell, here I go again promoting WoW but, in that game:

- No items can be dropped on the ground, period. By doing so, you destroy them.
quote]

geez how u help noobish or help someone ?! exemple u take the wrong loot u cant drop it so the guy gets angry and wants 2 kill u ... that makes a lot of trouble
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHero wrote:
geez how u help noobish or help someone ?! exemple u take the wrong loot u cant drop it so the guy gets angry and wants 2 kill u ... that makes a lot of trouble

As far as I know, you can't loot steal so that isn't an issue. You can't KS either if I recall correctly.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All items can still be transfered. If you are about to loot (or roll on) an item that binds on pickup, you will receive a warning and be asked to confirm your decision. Beyond that, only quest items bind on pickup, but if you don't have the quest, you can't loot or even see the item anyway. If you both have it, then you grind monsters till you all have sufficient quest items, and if it's like the head of a boss monster, that monster will drop 1 head for each party (or on rare occasions, raid) member who has the quest. And no, you can't loot each other's heads, you can only see one head and that's the one belonging to you.

But yes, if you roll on a BoP item, it will upset others if they need it more than you (there's a player-made system that goes n/v, n(eed) if you're gonna equip it only, and v(endor) if you're gonna sell it, give it to a guild mate, etc), they'll be pissed off - especially if you win it. The warning message is sufficient though, IMO.

Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot.
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you picking up loot in the first place to get the highbie pissed off at you ? If you're getting plvld / helped by a higher person, its only proper to ASK which items you can pick up if any, whether you can take cash or not, and always give them the option/time of taking their items first and take it only when they walk past it to the next spawn -.-;; *shakes fist at looters*
Enquillion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a few looting systems too.

Free For All: First to loot, gets the loot.
Round Robin: You get all the loot on this monster, I get all the loot on the next monster.
Group Loot (default): I'm not sure, but I think it's the above system plus that anyone in the group can loot what the default looter chooses to leave on the corpse.
Need Before Greed: Same as above, but you can't roll on items that you can't use.
Master Looter: The party leader decides who gets what.

For some of these systems (2nd, 3rd, 4th and possibly 1st), there's also a loot threshold; if an item is of quality x or greater, you have to win a roll to gain it. By default the threshold is at uncommon, which is the lowest quality a magical item can have.

I guess I don't have to explain much more... with Group Loot (not Need Before Greed; if no one can use the item, it's just the default looter that gets it unless he decides he doesn't want it), it all works smoothly unless people roll on what they shouldn't be rolling on. It's not hard to teach people n/v anyway.

It takes quite a big idiot to mess this up. ^^
HHero
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah

ne wayz i hope we still can drop item or that would be wacko
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personlly, i'd prefer to be able to drop items. i know its kinda nice when your a newb and someone drops a dagger or something cause they don't need it and you end up picking it up. i remember in akarra i got a rusty dagger and i was sooooo proud of it. also, from my understanding of this so called 'wow system'(which is probably wrong), you wouldn't be able to outuse an item then sell it off to a needy friend of yours or someone who happens to be looking for that particular item. meaning if i have a iron shortsword, and i just got a steel tegha or whatever, and ihave no further use for that shortsword, i would(from my understanding) hafta destroy it or leave it just keeping up space in my inventory.

and about the bank inventory, i remember in akarra it would compile, so 1 item would be free, 2 would be 1cc, so on. i also remember that the removal fee worked the same way, so i(being a cheapskate) would withdrawl one item, exit the bank inv, withdrawl a second, exit the bank inv., so on until i had everything i need.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Enquillion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, are you addicted to items being dropped on the ground? The trade windows are still there.

You can send your friends your old gear if your old gear isn't bound to you (case quest rewards or magical items). Which happens like, never, 'cause non-magical gear sucks. It helps remove a lot of inflation. You wanna help your friend with gear, send them money and let them buy themselves gear on the AH from other players. Or grind for items in an area where stuff around their level drops (most uber-good stuff binds on pickup though, so you'll at least have to have your friend with you or they will have to clear the area themselves with people of the same level).

Else you'd have mules, a perfect powerlevel gear setup, etc, and the only items of value would be those that highbies used, 'cause everything else they could pass on to their friends, and nobody would pay a squat for them. Comprendre?
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sí, yo comprende, jefe. Pero los niños pueden no.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, i understand it now. i thought once equiped items would be bound to you.

and stant, im from texas, were overrun by illegals and spanish is almost the official language(although i have trouble conjugating it so here goes)

Soy comprende a poco.(i think thats right, but its probably not.)

also, i don't really see what problem there is with dropping items on the ground. i almost never saw items on the ground in hope, but i did see items like candles and arrows on the ground in dungeons, which is always nice if you need a quick light source.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: