Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that DoD should NOT have.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatOmen
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Things that DoD should NOT have. Reply with quote

Well, I was just thinking that I should bitch these things out of my face, before the actual game comes out and I can't bitch them out.

- Losing/dropping equipment when you die is just pure gay. I mean, come on...somebody works really hard to get a uber rare item, that has a 1/10000 drop ratio on it, and then they die and some lvl 3 1337 n00b comes and steals it. It makes people want to quit the game. Trust me, i've had many mannny experiences with this. As for gold, i'd just laugh at people being stupid enough not to deposit it in a bank or something.

- Experience loss is pretty gay too...losing 50% experience is definetly NOT fun at all. Especially when you are at a very high lvl, and it takes like 3 months to lvl up. Maybe a temporary experience gaining loss would be better?

(I'll be adding a few more when I get the time.)
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-big japanese/anime style hair do's
-being able to steal the drops before the owner gets to it
-pretty much anthing related to tibia or anime style gameplay(the obviously bad parts)

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Things that DoD should NOT have. Reply with quote

HeatOmen wrote:
- Losing/dropping equipment when you die is just pure gay. I mean, come on...somebody works really hard to get a uber rare item, that has a 1/10000 drop ratio on it, and then they die and some lvl 3 1337 n00b comes and steals it. It makes people want to quit the game. Trust me, i've had many mannny experiences with this.

What stops someone from looting your body in real life? Why do you get to loot monsters if they don't get to loot you back? Technically, you died, you no longer own it, thus, they aren't actually stealling it. Plus, I'd say that's total incompetence and neglect for your own well being on your part for dying in an area where a sad little noob can just walk up and take it from your dead ass. If the cause of death is a clan war or something, tough... Scavengers litter battle fields all the time.

HeatOmen wrote:
As for gold, i'd just laugh at people being stupid enough not to deposit it in a bank or something.

See above comments.

HeatOmen wrote:
- Experience loss is pretty gay too...losing 50% experience is definetly NOT fun at all. Especially when you are at a very high lvl, and it takes like 3 months to lvl up. Maybe a temporary experience gaining loss would be better?

Agreed on the XP loss part. Temp xp gain penalty is a decent option.

Sum Ting Wong wrote:

Agreed. Though Akarra had decent protection against that near the end. Drops bear the owners name and after a few minutes it became a free for all, a few minutes later, the unclaimed drop was destroyed.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Things that DoD should NOT have. Reply with quote

HeatOmen wrote:
Well, I was just thinking that I should bitch these things out of my face, before the actual game comes out and I can't bitch them out.

- Losing/dropping equipment when you die is just pure gay. I mean, come on...somebody works really hard to get a uber rare item, that has a 1/10000 drop ratio on it, and then they die and some lvl 3 1337 n00b comes and steals it. It makes people want to quit the game. Trust me, i've had many mannny experiences with this. As for gold, i'd just laugh at people being stupid enough not to deposit it in a bank or something.
Well, just one piece of equipment being lost to the killer would be just fine. Not everything, just one item. Maybe an item from your inventory so you don't get to lose *that* weapon or body armor you always liked and beloved. Just like Akarra had though, there should be a chance for it to drop.. 10%?

Losing gold when you die is rather a must though. For the sole reason to avoid mass PK'ing though you could only lose an item or gold when it's an official duel which both parties agreed on.
Else one could just run around town and wreck havoc because he has a personal money problem. 10% of your gold lost should be fine. If you have a 1000 coins you lose 100 coins, no problem with that. Let's hope the bank/stash/deposit box isn't going to work like Diablo II's stash - can lose money while it's in your stash.

HeatOmen wrote:
- Experience loss is pretty gay too...losing 50% experience is definetly NOT fun at all. Especially when you are at a very high lvl, and it takes like 3 months to lvl up.
When fighting monsters, yes, I think it should. When fighting players it shouldn't. Wouldn't it be to easy if you didn't lose anything from dieing? You could just run to the monster endless times untill you hurt it enough without losing anything.

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
Like Stant just said, Akarra's way of dealing with it was pretty good. I couldn't think of a better way to put a temporary 'seal' on an item for a period of time so no one can grab it except for it's rightful owner.

In my opinion what you should lose are these things:

Died from a MONSTER or any NPC:
- 10% XP after a specific level (20/30?)
- 10% Gold from inventory
- Corpse

Died from a HUMAN PLAYER officially:
- 10% Gold from inventory
- 1/10% chance to lose a random item from Inventory (not worn)
- Corpse

Died from a HUMAN PLAYER unofficially (PK):
- Corpse

You have to return to your corpse to gain your equipment back. Your corpse is NOT lootable. You could be in some ethereal form untill you get back to your corpse. This isn't essential but it would be a way to show your not having your corpse back yet. The lose random item isn't essential either but it's a way to give a prize to the winner.

This was in a similar way covered in another 'Dieing' subject thread.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We havn't decided yet what happens when you die, we want it to be innovative and yet something that doesn't ruin the game. I've taken notes of your suggestions and comments.

As for hair-do's we're thinking more HAIR (the 60's musical) style.
Luke
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinten wrote:

As for hair-do's we're thinking more HAIR (the 60's musical) style.

coool!!!! RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!
so i can take off my helmet and poof, here comes my fro!

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's sort of a combination of things to handle death drops...

Say you had temples and churches for players to go to get healed, have poisons and curses removed and what not. There's this well that you pass by every time you walk in. Say there's also a Karma like system installed based on how well you act out your alignment. Should you be acting like you're supposed to, the higher the chances all of your stuff will reappear in the well. "The spirits who brought you here brought your equipment as well." Should you not be acting like you're supposed to you run the risk of not having everything brought back. "The spirits that brought you here could not bring everything back, maybe you should go look for your stuff." What isn't brought back is still on the battlefield somewhere that has your name on it temporarily to give you a chance to get back to it. If you can't it becomes free for all, if no one takes it, it gets destroyed. Items in the well follow this same idea also. If you forget to claim your stuff, after some time it becomes available for anyone to take, and after sometime, if it goes unclaimed it gets destroyed.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
HHero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats true i stop playing akarra after i lost my short bronze sword
HeatOmen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, once I was playing some game called tibia, and I spent about one whole year playing it and got to around lvl 30, then some gay PK's acused me of killing their friends in some very high lvl place that I wouldn't even be able to go to, and then they got all of their gay little friends to PK mass me =P

After that, I had nothing left...
LOL DERES TIS GAM CALED DoD EVER HERD OF IT B4 CUZ ITS RLLY COL EVN DOUGH ITS NOT DUN YET............. NEWEYS HER IS LINK LOL HAV FUN GO DER ND SINE UP LOL TIS IS OLY PLAC GONA AVERTIS CUZ I HERD TAT PPL HER R SUPOSED 2 BEE INTRESTED!1 =D

http://www.dawnofdaria.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: