Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kinten's journal

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Kinten's journal Reply with quote

Kinten's journal

This is where I'll try to keep you posted on the progress from my point of view.
In January I will be done with my military service and move down to Lund, where Thewreck lives. That is also when I will start working on Daria more regularly.

Monday 6/12
The past few days I've been busy trying to organize the spritesets while drawing new sprites. It is fun being back behind the scenes of a game again. Akarra was really fun to be a part of, and of what I've experienced so far with Daria I can tell you it is even better! I’ve also been discussing the basic game features with Thewreck and we’ve come up with some great ideas and solutions. Hopefully, when we’ve transformed our doodles and notes into a worthy design document, we can share parts of it with you guys.
Last but not least, I’ve been talking to our new programmer over a beer, and he seems keen on getting started with the development.

I almost forgot. I've also launched a competition in the events section of the forum. Go check it out! I want to see some inspiring work be done! Who knows, the work you do might decrease the time until the first release!
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday 13/12
Today I've added to the history of the world.
With a little help from Khaile, I've learned a technique that will make world creation a lot easier, and in connection to that I've worked on the world in the map editor. Otherwise I've been busy guarding the king (included in my military service duties) the previous week. I should actually be doing that today aswell, but I'm home sick until friday.
Until next week, party on!

One of the castles
The other castle, where the king lives (this is where I'm guarding).
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday 20/12
Been working alot with new graphics since last monday, but I guess that's all, because I've been away since friday, and it's during the weekends I'm able to do most work for Daria.
Wednesday I'm going away to relatives in sothern Sweden to celebrate christmas, hopefulle there will be more to show when I come back.

See you then, and merry x-mas!
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday 17/1
Long time no nothing, been busy doing lots of things. Apart from going skiing in northern Sweden, I’ve demobilized! Finally I can get a grip of my life again! And I’m doing so by moving out of town. For the next couple of days I’m going to live at thewreck’s place, and since he got his laptop today, we don’t have to wait for my computer to arrive (early February) before beginning our devving session, which should last until a playable version of Daria is released.
Until next time, go out and play in the sun!

This weeks movie tip: Shaun of the Dead
A man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living. (www.imdb.com)

A great movie! Go rent it now!

Cool: http://www.dawnofdaria.com/Kinten/videos/Matrix-pingis.asf

Navy previews:
[url] http://www.dawnofdaria.com/Kinten/videos/CIMG1124.AVI [/url]
http://www.dawnofdaria.com/Kinten/videos/0408248991023.jpg
(Not my ship on the picture, but she's a beuty anyway, first fully developed stealth ship).
kinten
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday 19/4 / Monday 18/4

Man, have I got things to do or what? Two exams this week and a Daria pA1 deadline to get through. Been up all night with thewreck (and the others through mIRC) trying to put the last pieces together for the first pre-Alpha (NOT a public version). Hopefully there'll be some screens up this week showing the progress. So far there's not much to do in the world, but each day we're getting closer to the essence of what Daria should look and feel like. But for now, all I can think of is closing my blood stained eyes for a couple of hours.
Crapfully yours,
Stronbad, er, I mean Kinten.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: