Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good and Evil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HHero
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

in 4th is comming u have 2 ways of becomming Evil or Good

All character starts with 0 Karma that makes us neutral. Depending on the quest you can pick for exemple poisoning the king gives you minus karma or killing innocent players. ( Npc do not react to the action u make) Vice versa for Good side. This is a Big stretch of the Good and evil in the 4th is comming

In Fable its almost the same thing execpt u get to do more stuff. Stealing , killing,

But why iam asking to put an Evil and Good meter is to give the game more punch for example : Evil can do Black Market gives them Rebate on stuff they buy. Good can help cleaning the den of evil and get a special benediction etc
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, the game is defining your actions. Why should killing the king instantly be evil ? What if it turns out he's a tyrant, kills peasants for fun and doesnt give a damn bout the poor, or anyone for that matter.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea on this:
When you create a new character you can choose a religion for you're character. And that choise determins what is bad and what is good according to you. There are several different religions and god to choose from, everyone with different morals and opinius about what is right and what is wrong. If you serve you god well(do what he determins as good) you could get some bonuses or even get some sort of the buddists nirvana status.
Allso some classes(for example paladins and clerics) could require a specific religion and specific devotion rate to that religon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, i bring up the point of different 'stages' of believing in your religion. Who's to say a character cannot be 'convinced' to switch to a different God ? Who's to say that a character has to believe in anything at all?
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to point out that black market transactions aren't evil, they're just unreported transactions that take place so that no government or collecting entity can claim their cut of the deal in taxes. If you've ever had a job where you've been paid under the table, chores for money, washing cars for money, yard work for money, ect. and you don't pay taxes on it, technically you've participated in black market activities because neither side reports the transaction. Trading baseball cards or Pokemon cards is technically black market. In the US, you don't write the IRS with an itemized list of every video/computer game you traded with friends. That's just silly, but it's still black market. You're not evil because of it. That is more of an economical issue rather then a spirituality and morals issue. Certain classes like merchants, and rogues, and thieves, and ninja, ect. would be expected to get stuff from sources that don't report every transaction. Cheaper goods with no trail to follow.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
HHero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm geez u guyz really do like bust me up huh

yeah but the things is Black market is considere a crime

crime = Bad deed
Bad deed = a little bit of Evil

ooo and for the trading thing
well Trading for something else isnt a crime its considere Troquing
an Apple for an Orange

and Black Market well its selling a good for money and money belong to the gouvernement so you have to paid a fee to use the money in other words Taxes
Stant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime isn't necessarily evil.

Breaking the law means you don't like the law. The opposite of lawful is chaotic. Most criminals are chaotic, not evil. A thief can steal millions, yet never kill anyone or any thing. He's not evil, just chaotic. Economic crimes such as black markets, money laundering, gambling in some places, stealing, ect. aren't violations of mortality. The only thing that gets hurt is someone's bank account.

Robin Hood was basically a thief. Do you define the story of Robin Hood as an evil? Wait... We covered that in the other thread didn't we? Oh well. Ok, so a deed system you say... Yeah, that would work if the deeds were taylored to each race and each god.

[[I hope you mean bust you up as in make you laugh, cause that's cool.. If you mean bust you up as in tell you that you're wrong, that's not the intent. It's just meant to introduce another view of the situation to help bring out more ideas.]]
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
HHero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i mean bust up as

Breaking my bbubble

u know you have this innocent bubble that you live in and one day EVIL person come and break it Razz
Stant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muahahahahahaha! >=]
Origon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Oh well. Ok, so a deed system you say... Yeah, that would work if the deeds were taylored to each race and each god.

I must disagree with you on that one. There are always exceptions, even in life, of people that do not follow what their religion/race teaches them and I'm sure we all have seen this. The system has to be very general to allow for such variations. Theres a very high chance that one white christian (just an example) will not share the same views as another white christian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: