Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

admin suggestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avaith
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Archosseus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good.

The dev team doesn't have to give out all the information and pictures they have, of course. What we basicly got due to news so far is builded things.

As floating around here and there, I personally think the development team should pick a special moderator to specificly keep the anxious community up to date. That person gathers his information from developers once a week. To keep developers from their precious time the moderator shouldn't be a developer. We don't want loads of information, screenshots and gameplay information. The idea we get updated of the work being done is most likely more then enough to satisfy the community.

To ensure not to much information is given away you devide the progress done in parts. "This will posted this week.", "This will be posted in two weeks when more information is gathere". I do not know of any Developer only forum but I can only suggest that if there is one make a new topic with the progress done. I'm not saying whole stories but just the main course of it. With that notify the other developers and the special moderator how much work is done on the update. When it's at 100% the special moderator is to decide with one of the team leaders when and how to post it.

If there should be any reason for the moderator to be anonymous at the community, make him/her give the update to a team leader so he/she can post it to keep the moderator safe from the kind of people with questions involving unrevealed information about development.

An update doesn't have to include screenshots. Although it makes the update a better 'whole', it's unnecessary.

I think this is a good way to deal with the situation. ;D

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archosseus wrote:
As floating around here and there, I personally think the development team should pick a special moderator to specificly keep the anxious community up to date.

You ever read Kal's sig? He's the Senior Community Manager. One of his duties is to deal with us, hence your "special moderator to specificly keep the anxious community up to date". But even if it wasn't Kal doing this, but just a random person from the community, they would still only be able to release what the Dev team gives them to release, and if they're never given anything, then well, nothing has changed from having Kal do it when he's given something to release. Know what I'm sayin'? There's no need to create a special position for someone that won't get anything done any faster.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Avaith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a result of this news drought, I havn't updated my website in about 2 or 3 months XD

http://eveda.talonz.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Skunk
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: my 2 cents Reply with quote

I completely understand where the developers are coming from. But an update every now and again is very helpful. Not saying Daria will go this way, but god knows how many dead sites there are out there for "under development mmorpgs." I remember this one site that I use to watch ages ago. Checked it every once in awhile for probably a good year or two, seriously. Eventually the site just dissapeared. *shrug*

It's just reassuring to see a tidbit of info every once in awhile about how things are progressing. Not asking much, not really asking for anything. Just mentioning it. Don't jump on my ass Stant. Razz

Sitting here wishing on a cement floor
Just wishing that I had just something you wore
Bloody your hands on a cactus tree
Wipe it on your dress and send it to me
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But your ass is so jumpable... =E I mean... Um... Uh... Exit only.

* Stant walks away.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Archosseus wrote:
As floating around here and there, I personally think the development team should pick a special moderator to specificly keep the anxious community up to date.

You ever read Kal's sig? He's the Senior Community Manager. One of his duties is to deal with us, hence your "special moderator to specificly keep the anxious community up to date". But even if it wasn't Kal doing this, but just a random person from the community, they would still only be able to release what the Dev team gives them to release, and if they're never given anything, then well, nothing has changed from having Kal do it when he's given something to release. Know what I'm sayin'? There's no need to create a special position for someone that won't get anything done any faster.
Hmmm..... I guess I overlooked that. My apologies to Kal. ^^

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kal did go on spring break so I guess I understand.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: my 2 cents Reply with quote

Skunk wrote:
I completely understand where the developers are coming from. But an update every now and again is very helpful. Not saying Daria will go this way, but god knows how many dead sites there are out there for "under development mmorpgs." I remember this one site that I use to watch ages ago. Checked it every once in awhile for probably a good year or two, seriously. Eventually the site just dissapeared. *shrug*

I've experienced that too, that game concept and the game overall looked so promising. And than one day, *poff* and the site was all gone, probebly forever
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Pre - that was 2 weeks ago.

@Community - Ok for those that don't know me. Hi I am Kalorian, I am the bridge between the community and development team. All these crazy posts in the Inventors Forums.. yes I actually read them but some of them have been so long I don't have time to respond. These ideas get compiled into what the dev team calls a Community Report. This is what is submited to the dev team (ideas from the Inventors Forums). So in short my title is Community Manager.. I have about 10 others and if you want to know them lol ask around. I think everyone staff has about 10.

Anyways folks, yes its tough not getting updates and it may feel to some that nothing is happening but do take into considering we had 2 members go on spring break at different times, Kinten went on vacation and thewreck took a vacation all the same. We have a few staff members that are busy with studies and school. All this happening at different times which means production kinda slowed down the past 2-3 weeks.

One thing I will say is that there should be a very 'big' dev meeting in the coming weeks and this is a vital meeting for the staff and project. No the world of Daria isn't coming to an end so shush you nay sayers and other weird people!

Ok I think if I say anymore I would be breaching my NDA Razz so I hope this is helpful to the restless community that is seeking information about this project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: