Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locking threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AquaritsBR
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebbish wrote:
Nebbish the Nobbish has a nice ring to it.

It makes me sound like the leader of the noobs and erm that is hopefully a good thing.

For u bro... leader of the nebs... i mean nobs!!!

Any1 kwons bout Catear?
The guy that call me nob in the fisrt time, i never forgot it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DarkHydra
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I really can't wait for DoD now! It's gonna be friggin hilarious watching a bunch of lvl 1s running around killing each other because they kept flaming each other on these boards. Very Happy That'll be great: "DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE U NOOB!!!!11!" "ARRRRGGGHHHHH I DROPED MY NOOB SWORD11!!! NOOOOOOoooo!!!!1!"

And now for my new favorite saying (an oldie but goodie): Argueing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

Wink Peace Out
nebbish
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just made me realize, when DoD starts i will be king of you all since you all will start at level 1. It may and most likely will be only a very short amount of time but I will get to say I ruled you. The only ones who don't get this honour is the devs but if a new dev joins the dev team he will be ruled by me for a very short amount of time. Great isn't it Very Happy
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebbish wrote:
It makes me sound like the leader of the noobs and erm that is hopefully a good thing.

Just send the bulk of them into my AK spray. kthx
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, Neb... I'll only recognise you as king as long as I get to be the royal executioner. =D The dungeon is the place I rule... With an iron fist, and maybe a few dozen iron maidens. ;P Muahahaha!
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Tyrael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking topics = good. It's like the government. Moral authourity needs to come from the top and if bad stuff (ie: abortion, etc) is tolerated, well, it just gets worse. For every 2 people you see that is 18-22 in North America another one was aborted. And it has only gotten worse. You see, topics of flaming accomplish a whole lot of absolutely nothing. The only thing it succeeds in doing is pissing people off. A lot.
A heated argument will never convince the opposite party of your view. In fact, it will only make them more resistant to it and skeptical of absolutely anything else you ever say. In fact, if you are truly serious about your view the last thing you want to do is insult the other person. It's extremely counterproductive.

As to the statement of Budman that he would rather have Saddam than Bush, that someone would have the gall to actually say that, blows my mind. I had thought no one would seriously ever say that statement.
Let's examine this for a moment. Saddam vs. Bush. An extremely conservative republican vs a brutal military dictator who sadistically tortured and murdered millions of his own people. Not thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds. Millions. A guy who likes the death penalty vs a man who attempted a wholesale GENOCIDE. Yes, it's in big letters for a reason. It's the same word used for the Holocaust in Nazi Germany. Anyone remember Hitler? I think the Jews sure do. And I'm sure the Curds aren't going to forget Saddam.
Now, the argument against Bush seems to be largely rights driven. The Patriot Act violates rights. Racial profiling violates rights. Bush didn't have the right to go into Iraq. He didn't have the right to remove Saddam. He opposes the right of gays to marriage. He opposes a woman's right to choose to murder her unborn baby. The list goes on. Very rights driven, right?
This makes the statement of Saddam vs. Bush even more incredulous. Let's think of the the worst scenario under each for an ordinary citizen. Which most of us seem to be.

Muslim or other "racial profile" American citizen is arrested without charges, has his house ransacked, his assets seized, and is deported from teh country immediately under suspect of being a terrorist.

Regular Iraqi citizen, respected in his community. Arrested by Saddam's men. He gets to watch his wife and children be sadistically tortured. If he has a five year old daughter, he gets to watch her be brutally gang raped and then butchered like a hog at the slaughter. And your wife. And this is considered light. Saddam seemed to prefer the more longer, spirit-breaking torture. Stuff like watching that 5-year old daughter be raped every day for 3 months. Fun. If you have a son who isn't killed you may get the pleasure in knowing that he will be raised by these men and one day will be doing the same to someone's elses family. Isn't that neat! And then, once you see all those close to you die a miserable death, you get to experience the worst torture that Saddam's men can think of. Of course, your mind is probably gone by this point so death is probably extremely welcome when it comes. The sickest part of this scenario is that, although it is the worst case scenario, it was also the normal scenario under Saddam. The slightest hint of dissatisfaction, uncompliance, or rebellion and this is what you got. Or if he wanted your land. Actually, a large number of the cases weren't even this. Saddam and his men would seize random people and do this to them for no reason other than to put fear of them into the rest of the Iraqi citizens. These numbers were not small.

So the question is... who would you rather have as your leader? Would you rather live in a country of religious tolerance or persecution? A country where you can speak your mind and be rebuked and criticized in turn or one where your life and sanity are taken if you dare to say anything. You complain about your rights being violated and then have the audacity to say that you would rather have Saddam than Bush.

One word best describes that.

Wow.
ecllipse21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheres the love?
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what Tyrael said, people are put in charge for a reason. The people that put them there respect them enough to let those people guide them. Those that took power for themselves have another option. They may only do what's best for only themselves or they may do what's best for the whole. It's this choice that should never be given to someone with power. Bush won't do a damn thing that will piss off a majority of the people because it will get him thrown out of office. His life will basically be over. Same goes for any elected official.

California's last governor Grey Davis never lost an election in his entire career (with the exception of his recall). He was actually a very good public servant, dilligently did his duties, and made timely descisions. Then we had deregulation of energy, the state fell short in the electricity production area, and we got raped financially by power sellers. Grey Davis signed deals that got us the electricity we needed, but cost the state dearly financially. The citizens of the state got pissed off that this happened and Grey Davis got booted from office because of it. Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected in his place and he's doing well by most people's opinions. Elected officials are always held accountable for their actions, and can be removed if enough people disagree with it. Saddam didn't have to worry about the people and did what he wished. Bush does have to worry and as long as the majority of people support him he will remain in office and continue to do what he's doing.

That being said, these forums don't have elected officials, yet, they are acting responsible and with the whole in mind as if they were. Locking threads that get out of a rational mindset deserved to be locked simply because it breeds a culture that is counter to what is wanted by those in charge. Since these aren't elected officials in charge, you are given two options on how to proceed. Love it for what it is and remain here, or don't love it, and get the hell out. Just be glad you have that choice.

(Just a side note, ecllipse21, in your sig, it's spelled you're, not your... Although, I did think that may have been done intentionally that way because of the quote itself, so I did laugh. ;Þ )
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Kest
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: M'eh... Reply with quote

I kinda like to think that censorship is dead, but that's in my own little world; because it will never die. Words are just words; meaningless to a sound soul. If these were a forum you had to pay for, or hosted by someone else; I'd definitely be agreeing with Bud. However, they are free, and they are run by other people; if they want to dictate the structure in any way, shape, or form; it's as much their right and perogative as it is ours to complain. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: