Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locking threads
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Locking threads Reply with quote

Why do you fuggin devs keep locking threads with unresolved issues. The only way these issues can be worked out is if people talk about it. Its good that people who don't get along have a civilized conversations on these forums. Will you devs wake up and learn some common sense please. Thank you.

Actully what the hell does it matter. The dev team is a bunch of drunk degenrates. They will never get Daria finished. Why don't you retarded SOBs get to work and stop worrying about what us common folks are doing.
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can fight using PM's even though it would take a while but i dont think the forums should be used for public verbal fights

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilinh, agreed. You got a personal issue with someone, keep it personal rather then public. You wanna bitch in real time, go on IRC... Can't type very well? Exchange phone numbers. There are a lot more of us who don't want to see it here then there are those who do, so just take it somewhere else.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Boddah
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

No one forces you to click the topic. Ignore it if you want. In my opinion, keeping the one thread open just prevents new topics about it. Sooooo... I agree with Bud.

And in IRC you don't get to see everyone's opinions about it, because not everyone gets on IRC. Myself for instance.

The forum is meant to host public talks. It shouldn't matter what they are about, within reason. If someone wants to argue about betrayal, or discuss favourite brands of ketchup, it should be allowed.

No one is forced to click into the topics. If you have a weak heart, or are easily annoyed, stay the hell out. Try some manual censorship, it is a wonderful thing.

Instead of disturbing others' rights, try not being a whiny little bitch.

Now watch, the communists will lock this thread as well.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you see, Boddah... The problem with that little suggestion of yours is the simple fact that people don't make good subject lines for their threads... For example, the original thread was simply titled "Kestion". Nothing wrong there... But when you go in and start reading about someone flaming the shit out of someone you call friend, it may irritate you a bit. Thus the fights begin. Topic Locked. Next example is the most recent one from Kestion titled "Well, well, well..." Again, nothing wrong with that. So we read and people get upset and the fighting begins again. Topic locked.

Maybe when people start adding, "This topic is purely for flaming so and so...", your suggestion of "No one is forced to click into the topics. If you have a weak heart, or are easily annoyed, stay the hell out. Try some manual censorship, it is a wonderful thing." would be a good idea, and an easily followed one. But, alas, the examples in practice have proven that this is not the case... Your idea of "you didn't have to click on it" is a purely idiotic one that shows total lack of forethough on your part, which makes you an idiot. That would lead me to believe that since you also stated that the Devs are communists, and I know for a fact, none of them live in communist countries, nor practice communist politics, that you must be an ignorant idiot. Furthermore, you state under your avatar that the leader of a free country sucks, allows me to consider that you are an unsupportive ignorant idiot. Also, if I may continue, you're posting in support of flaming people because you feel you have the right to, which makes you a hateful unsupportive ignorant idiot.

Now I can't speak for anyone here but myself, but words from a hateful unsupportive ignorant idiot such as yourself, don't mean a god damn thing to me, as I for one would like to keep things civil on these boards so that when the game finally does get released to the public, we can all start out the adventure together in the friendly spirit of competitive gaming.

To continue my point, no one is censoring topics about betrayal, brands of ketchup, or anything else... Just the ones that degenerate into hateful bickering, or have the serious potential to become that since it's only a matter of time before topics such as the two previously mentioned ones turn into pure bashing threads. As you so nicely put it, "It shouldn't matter what they are about, within reason." Where does bashing people endlessly fit into "within reason" in a gaming forum? Furthermore, as you see it as your right to post as you please, I see it as my right to not have to see that shit on the boards that I read. Also I will ask that since you think that we're whiny little bitches for not wanting to see that stuff, please link me to any thread that was specifically started in an attempt to close a previous thread. I forget if there was one so I'd really like to see it, so that I can make sure I posted in it. As I see it, a thread specifically started to complain about threads being locked would be considered an act of whining. But then again, that's based on my perception of the issue, not yours...

So in conclusion, Boddah is a mother fucking piece of shit, cock eating bastard of a hateful unsupportive ignorant idiot, who is too stupid to realize that these boards are public access not a place of public freedom of speach, and deserves to die in the next terrorist attack that hits any free nation because he's like every other stupid fucking hypocritical bitch that hates the fact that we went to war and thinks it's ok to publicly hate and bash people. Fuck off and die you retarded ass licking hypocritical douchebag...

Oh and if anyone was offended by that last paragraph.... I guess you should have known, and chose to not click on this thread to begin with, seeing that you all could tell from the title that I was going to publicly flame Boddah. ;D It was all done purely to prove a point. =D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one word comes to mind....PWND Very Happy
Bud
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your stupid if you think locking one single thread is going to make these problems go away or make people stop fighting with each other. If people are not free to express themselves in one single topic then they will do it in other people's threads. Causing massive threads to go off topic.

Why the hell does just about everyone on these damn forums lack basic common sense. Is it a pre-requisite for posting or something.

Bush is a POS president id rather have Saddam. Id give my right arm to get Bush out of the white house. I never understood why theres a 2 term limit for presidents untill now. If Bush was able to be elected a 3rd time, id fuggin pack my bags and move to Canada.
Archosseus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud wrote:
Causing massive threads to go off topic.

Bush is a POS president id rather have Saddam. Id give my right arm to get Bush out of the white house. I never understood why theres a 2 term limit for presidents untill now. If Bush was able to be elected a 3rd time, id fuggin pack my bags and move to Canada.

Yet you talk about Bush and Saddam in a topic far away from such a subject.

I fully agree with Vilinh and Stant.

You are talking about common-sense yet you don't have the common-sense to understand that specific topic subjects aren't liked and some not even allowed. Would you like it if your forum got flooded with negative and offensive topics? The idea is to keep a friendly community, topics like this and mentioned before only do the opposit of that what we call friendly.

Personal problems should be dealt with personally. If people want to express feelings that possibly result into anything negative towards the forum then it should be done personally, wether it be through a PM, MSN mIRC and etc.

Can't you understand why administrators lock topics they do not find appropiate? Can't you understand they do not like topics that result into people staying away from each other, flaming and more negative things to think about?

Also there is a huge difference between devs (developers) and admins (administrators) and I think almost anyone using a forum should have known that by now. Can you still say you have common sense?

Offensive comments isn't going to solve anything, here.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you rather have topics locked or get yourselves locked out? This seems the next logical thread if you can't keep things civil. And this is not so much a public forum as a private one that you are being allowed to post in so if those running it wish to hold a certain standard that is their right.
Boddah
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Heh Reply with quote

Ok. I will go through what you said, one thing at a time...

Quote:
For example, the original thread was simply titled "Kestion". Nothing wrong there... But when you go in and start reading about someone flaming the shit out of someone you call friend, it may irritate you a bit.

This would be where you say 'Hey, this isn't something I want to read.', and close it. And guess what! You don't have to return to it after you find that it isn't your kind of topic. Not hard.

When I said the Devs are communists, I wasn't accusing them of actually being communists. I was saying that they will censor this topic as well, referring to communism's hold on speech and media in communist countries.

George Bush is a moron. Therefore, I refuse to support him. So yes, I suppose you could say I am unsupportive of the ignorant (a word you seem to love so much) fool in the White House. And I could give a fuck less that we are at war. Bush is just a moron. He says things like 'Strategery', and if you have ever seen him speak, you should understand that he is a moron.

And I would hope that your last paragraph meant that you don't actually think that I am a "mother fucking piece of shit, cock eating bastard of a hateful unsupportive ignorant idiot". But if that is how you feel, so be it.

Just remember that I love everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: