Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weapon materials and monster 'skins'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origon wrote:
bunnies only attacked you after you hit them....are you calling that non-peaceful ? *whips a bunny at Archosseus* take THAT ! but yea....there werent many of those
Oops. Yeah your right. Neutral Deers, wolves, rabbits and some more. Still not much actually.

Something crossed my mind this afternoon. As I was playing some games I came with some ideas. Each monster has a different type of skin, if it be fur or stone, scales or transparant they should all have different reactions with a weapon. The weapons are made from different materials so have different effects on different creatures.
If you would hit a construct with a wooden staff, it logically breaks with the fact it does no damage. Each creature has a different damage reduction and different effect on weapons.
If you'd hit something caught in fire, your wooden weapons burn your metal/iron/steel weapons do less damage because the material is softened because of the heat. Just to give an example.
These kinds of creatures should appear in a bit later levels, I think though. Else you'd have to just buy a new weapon with your low pack of 20 coins just to hit *that* monster effective. In later levels you get more items and have more money (I assume). Anyways.

Look at some material types. Stone, wood, steel, metal, scales, flesh, bone etc. It would be unlikely if a weapon would do the same damage against steel as it does to flesh. You could do this with a simple "Damage Reduction" ability, but to make it more realistic you could give weapons advantages over different monster skin materials. Say you hit a wooden monster, like an Ent with a weapon enchanted with fire elements. The bonus would be obvious to think of. If you hit iron with wood, the damage done is close to nothing. Things like that make the monsters more realistic.
Would be the handiest if you could set a creature's skin in the "Editor". (To make less work for the Dev's)

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just said hitting Iron to wood do close to nothing, but aren't axes made of Iron?

And with an Axe you can cut down trees so your Iron doing nothing to wood sentence isn't exactlly right

Other than that, yes I agree there should be diferent damage reduction based on the armor/skin of the creature/player

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archosseus wrote:
If you hit iron with wood, the damage done is close to nothing.

Chybi wrote:
You just said hitting Iron to wood do close to nothing, but aren't axes made of Iron?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: