Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IRC CD - Contiued for Topic: Perception
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very nice, but I think it needs to be something handy at all time.

If there is a Pk system and a assassin class, it would suck if you get killed by an assassin because you didn't have your tab set to RTSI while walking through town and he snuck up on you

Everything else is good.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chybi wrote:
It's very nice, but I think it needs to be something handy at all time.

What can be handier then pressing F8 and getting up to date sensory info about your surroundings? ;P I know what you're saying though. But do keep in mind more people would likely get sick of seeing all that info in the play area when they're in a town and sensory info would be off the charts...

Chybi wrote:
If there is a Pk system and a assassin class, it would suck if you get killed by an assassin because you didn't have your tab set to RTSI while walking through town and he snuck up on you

What makes you think you'd know the assassin was there even with the tab open? Granted, not every assassin is the silent prescision killer, but the odds are if they're going through the trouble of PKing in a town and not getting caught, you'd never know they were there to begin with. Besides I'd think having the tab open would be a hinderance to seeing a sneaky bastard Pking you, an object in the playable area would be overloaded and distract you, so for me personally, I'd think that not seeing that would allow me to focus on the playable screen area more, and react a hell of a lot faster then waiting for that much sensory info to update... Another thing to consider is how long that list will be as you stroll into a town... You'd have to hope that the assassin appears at the very top of the first list to have a decent chace at seeing them in time... =\
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant, I am assuming ( yes I know do not assume cause it makes an Ass out of u and me) that Assassins have some form of stealth skill that allows them to not be seen by other players while it is activated

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Stant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. So why bother worring about an open tab or a play area corner graphic? If they're gonna kill ya, they're gonna kill ya and do it without you knowing no matter how good you are.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because that form of stealth may not be 100% effective?
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I originally mentioned having the text alert ("You sense..."), I meant in the main chat view. This could be a placement option and would keep it in view at (almost) all times.
Stant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Selection box in the options section to add text notices of senses in the message area... Then of course, like in WiA, you had the choices of where exactly you wanted the messages to appear... Perm chat box message/temp message in the play area/what ever else. It can all be worked out... But the best way to do it is in practive... You know, like getting a client to try it out on... *cough* Devs *cough* ;Þ
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest assured I will be reading through this discussion when I get back and post a follow up CD for the dev team. Keep the discussion going Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Kal, every time you say keep the discussion going... You basically outright kill it with prejudice. ;P
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Yeah... Selection box in the options section to add text notices of senses in the message area... Then of course, like in WiA, you had the choices of where exactly you wanted the messages to appear... Perm chat box message/temp message in the play area/what ever else. It can all be worked out... But the best way to do it is in practive... You know, like getting a client to try it out on... *cough* Devs *cough* ;Þ
That's a good idea. It makes it more friendly. Ability to adjust the size, spot, font, color and more things would make it great.

I thought about a pretty simple idea:
Each time you hear, see or smell something a small button flashes. I'm not saying a button on top of your player but a button on a part of the interface you always see. 3 small buttons next to each other, when something is spotted, smelled or heared it's button appropiate to it's color starts blinking, notifying the player something is pretty near. This way you don't have to keep that window open but just open it when one of the buttons blink. It's positions, like I said before could be somewhere in a corner, maybe on the bottom left corner of your player's screen. Or next to your health meter, whatever it's position there are some things to be noted:

1. It must always be visible for the player
2. It must be somewhere on the screen where the player looks much, like above the chat window

Too make it more player friendly you should be able to adjust the sizes too (people have different resolutions).
The closer you are to a monster then the faster it blinks.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Archived All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: