Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

an idea for a monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LookinToDie wrote:
A paladin is someone fighting for the cause of their god. So there may be "bad" paladins, only they are usually called differently.. like dark knights, death knights and such.

You're a bit confused there, you're equating bad with evil which isn't the case. There is a good Paladin (faithful follower of his god) and former Paladin (one whom has turned his back on his god). Evil paladins are indeed called dark knights and death knights and such,which means they are not Paladins by name, or else they'd still be called Paladins... Instead they are Dark knights/Death knights/Anti-Paladins. They are the equivilent to Paladins on the evil side of the scale. There is no such thing as a bad paladin... Only a good one, and a former one... Just because you're a former paladin, also does not make you evil... It just mean's you've lost your faith, which also means you lose your clerical and holy spells.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now that I've re-read Archosseus's post, I see he meant bad paladins , not evil ones. But on the other hand there can still be good and better paladins, so why couldn't one be fulfilling one's duties slightly worse and still remain a paladin? 'Cause there will always be a champion who does better..
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, a paladin's god would know whether he or she did they best they could under the circumstances and judge them accordingly. If thier god knows they put out less effort then they could have, they could risk losing their divine abilities. However they could have gone above and beyond and pushed their limits further then they have ever before, to which their god may reward them. I guess that's one of the advantages of being omnipotent and all seeing... Knowing if your subjects really are doing their best...
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Fan-art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: