Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalorian wrote:
Would add another thing where friends would make a male/female character and then marry each other and fight with each other just to get the fs bonus.

If there are official marriages I would really like to see no pros and cons but a huge consumption of money for the wedding.

That was where Akarra had it right. The wedding rings cost at least 3gc if I recall? There was no bonus of any kind.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Bud
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe a special title or something would be enough. Or if the community brought wedding presents or something.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akarra had it wrong in that you couldn't frickin' see the wedding bands. At least you should have visual indications to being married. Such as tabards in WoW. Cost you a gold piece and do nothing but look nice.

Yeah, wedding bands would be hard to notice anyway, but special clothes or what have you.
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a way of getting over the creepiness of flirting with a guy posing as a girl would be same sex marriages, but then you'd need to have the married couples chat be randomly infused with words like "super" or "fabulous", stuff like that might be entertaining.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage should be done IC if you ask me. Then it doesn't really matter what the other character's player's sex is. However, often they are much more OOC than that...

Doesn't really add atmosphere if you do it only 'cause you're in love OOC. And, might end like MH and Cait did. ^^
Tyrael
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage... I would agree with having no actual bonuses as well. A visual indication would be nice. It could be part of the character information as well, such as "You see Tyrael the Paladin, who is married to Aerilyn the Mage." (I laugh at my own joke....) Of course, it need not be information at that level(people have problems with everyone knowing character information), but maybe some indication... somewhere.
Make marriage pretty darn expensive I would say... and make Divorce even more so. Maybe even have penalties for divorce to dis-incline people to marry. Of course... this is all speculation, as marriage probably will not be an "official feature" for some time to come in Daria, if ever. The rings are probably good enough.
Aerilyn
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrael wrote:
It could be part of the character information as well, such as "You see Tyrael the Paladin, who is married to Aerilyn the Mage." (I laugh at my own joke....) .

You forgot the milk again, didn't you?! How many times do I have to tell you?! Evil or Very Mad
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aerilyn wrote:
You forgot the milk again, didn't you?! How many times do I have to tell you?! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, he went out killing many large agressive beasts with me, then we stopped off at a tavern for a few drinks... Next thing we know... Sun up... *shrug*
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Archosseus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of marriage. There should be no bonuses though, because it could be abused. I like Tyrael's idea.

There should be a church in most towns then. If the couple would want it elsewhere then so be it, go keep it in icy mountains or deep forests, it doesn't really matter.

I think the presents they *should* get when married is enough as a bonus. I do think there should be something related to both of them. Else they could marry and never see each other again. Perhaps a letter system so they could write each other if they don't see each other much (timezones)? Wink

A ring could be set in a unique inventory slot only for that purpose. When the ring isn't worn then the player information doesn't say he/she is married to someone. A date for the marriage could be posted here in the forums, for everyone to know.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Origon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*remembers the Akarrian Wedding* Present - multiple deaths to the bride Twisted Evil Too bad we didnt get enough people to ruin the wedding Sad Oh well...was hilarious watching the bride go through EG.....several times...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: