Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Marriage Reply with quote

I just read this
And thoung this could be good for DoD, not sure about the teleprot thing though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its kinda creepy to me, but hey, thats just me. What if daria had same sex marriages though, we could commit hate crimes....

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree, I dont like the whole teleporting thing, I think it's useless. But official marriages would be awesome. The people that are married can have bonuses like extra xp while in a fs and whatnot. But there will be a shortage of females in the game. Unless some males will be a female character in game. But thats kind of weird professing your love to a male whos controlling a female.
jellocube27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it, if Male/Female posers were permbanned Smile

*cough*cait*cough*
Origon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that this would be abused quite a bit. Lets say abusers of different-sex characters arent dealt with. Whats to stop 2 highbies from getting married and then while one remains at Eastern Gate, the other dies (having Hope obelisk bound) sells the items, restocks on torches and the stuff and just teleports back to the spouse. And yes i know that some people don't know what im talking about cause of the WiA examples. Hope was the main (and only) settlement and Eastern Gate was the highbie training spot at the time at about a 5-10min walk/horse ride there.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had wedding rings in Akarra near the end there... They didn't do anything except make you spend money on a worthless item... I never saw a use for them outside of just having one for shits and giggles.Besides, as mentioned before the male/female ratio is highly unbalanced so odds are, the girl you're flirting with is only a girl in character. Don't get me wrong, there are real girls that play, but there just aren't enough to go around for the need to even consider setting up something like this.

Right now we have what? A little more then 200 people signed up for the forums... Taking into consideration that some people only signed up to reserve their name and some people double or triple accounted and maybe even more... There really isn't that many of us here. Best thing to do is not worry about a silly little technicality like that until there's a thousand or more people playing at any given time... When that happens, the odds are the game would be extremely popular, and the ratio would still be very unbalanced, but it would be a hell of a lot closer then what it is now.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Avaith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 1,000 people on at a time is gunna be quite a while. Then there is a high chance of tons of noobs on all at the same time and begging thier freakin heads off. I hope the community never gets that way. About marriages though, I'm sort of neutral. I don't really care what happens, but I do think that married people should get some kind of fs bonus as already stated. It's also very immoral for someone to pose as a girl when they are actually a guy just for a small fs bonus...sickos...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll join those who think this will be used for powergaming. There are just tons of strategic applications to this. Then again, marriages of convenience happen IRL too...

Well yah, it still costs money to recharge them... so it's just a different kind of teleportation with a fee.
Bud
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having offical marriage with some kinda reward is a good idea. This idea of rings used for teleportation would be abused to much though.
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been in a lot of communities for other games where people wanted marriage. Most developers from a designers perspective stated having 'official' marriages didn't serve any benefitial purpose for the whole community. Would add another thing where friends would make a male/female character and then marry each other and fight with each other just to get the fs bonus.

If there are official marriages I would really like to see no pros and cons but a huge consumption of money for the wedding.

My 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: