Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Admins: Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellocube27
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Admins: Question Reply with quote

Hope this is the right forum for this, and I'm not sure if you can answer it yet.

What kind of currency will be used in the game? Can you give me an examlple of how much one piece would be worth? (i.e. X amound would get you a nice loaf of bread, X a nice bow, X a horse, X a house..)

Been wondering about this alot, surprisingly.

Thanks!
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot comment on this as of yet. I do not think this info will be released any sooner than the game itself. Currency is something that will be ever changing in the market.
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Darian Stock Exchange. Wall Street Crash... wow. You've given me something to think about.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wouldn't go THAT far now haha. Ever changing simply meaning the player and npc market aren't constant or at least shouldn't be in my "opinion" Wink
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaar. I was looking forward to a changing currency too. And the veritable "Black Tuesday", and the Great Depression.. with Hoovervilles!
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. It kinda sucks when you know when you're going to sell something to an NPC, you're going to lose two thirds of it's value. At least with a variable market, you can hope to buy a weapon you need when it's cheap, and sell it after you've long passed up it's need and hope to get a higher price for it.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what if the community played a role in how the economics of certain towns work? Would this be good or bad? No I can't go into detail so don't ask Razz
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Indeed. It kinda sucks when you know when you're going to sell something to an NPC, you're going to lose two thirds of it's value. At least with a variable market, you can hope to buy a weapon you need when it's cheap, and sell it after you've long passed up it's need and hope to get a higher price for it.

According to some law (don't remember it's title), when you need to buy something, it's expensive (or out-of-stock), and when you need to sell it - it's che-e-eap. =( So don't be too optimistic about the variability.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably thinking about the law of supply and demand. This does not apply because I'm evaluating the micro economics of the situation, not the macro economics. If the entire community wanted it, yes, you'd buy high, and when no one in the community wanted it, you'd sell low... But this being an individual person, the possibility of needing it during abundant supply is always there, and the possibility of no longer needing it when there IS a demand for it is always there as well. Thus as I said with a variable market, one can HOPE to buy cheap, and sell for higher. That's not optimism, that's good timing and carefull attention to market fluctuation.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Drogla
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manifold wrote:
Aaaar. I was looking forward to a changing currency too. And the veritable "Black Tuesday", and the Great Depression.. with Hoovervilles!

You must be studying ch 33-35 in my huistory book Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Aid in Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: