Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obelisk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you lost money in akarra upon your death, as well as dropping a small recoverable pile that you likely lost too if you respawned too far away.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Avaith
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But thats so much like any other game. You lose some money and some crap. I think there should be a unique death system in daria.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about from the creation of a new character there's a 15 minute grace period... then it's free-for-all perm death?

Of course, this applies to everybody but me, because I'm special. The voices told me so.
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but then do you consider Pking a form of death.

So Let's say that for some reason I start hating STant and decide to kill him. what do we do?

Or if some Noob decides he wants to "GON" things up and goes on a Pking rampage.

I'm ok with Perma Death, but the system has to be tweaked as with every system.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont support permadeath. playing akarra with a group was fun, but some of my most memorable moments are when something went wrong and we all died, then later laughed about it. besides, it'd suck to get a level 100 char and then POOF its all gone.

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was joking.

But yes, perm deaths are hardly, if ever, appropriate for a game of this sort.
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that with the lack of bankage, the money penalty in akarra was enough to keep my first char (read - really stupid, overagressive mage who died.. a LOT) extremely poor. With a little more experience, I actually built up some dinero.
Generally I'm all for painfull death. Way too many games have little to no penalty and it's just kind of pointless. And I'm also for a very small grace period for new chars. Learn by experience, and all that.

I guess the trick is finding a balance that allows you to die and laugh about it... but also actually gives you something to fear. Adrenaline = good. Cool
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
Adrenaline = good.

Junkie. =D
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want death penalties?
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't feel like reading the whole thread on the Akarra forum so I don't know if this was mentioned but:

I've noticed the system in AO has a few features that could be added to the Akarra type penalties. In AO you lose some experience (which is always a bummer) and your stats and skills take a temporary hit while you recover from being ressurected. Now I know there's mixed feelings about xp loss, but I really do think that having stats lowered for a few minutes does make sense. There are downsides to this of course. If it's during one of those "events" we all enjoyed (massive spawn of deadly creatures in center of town Very Happy ) it would suck to to have to wait while you recover a little. Or if you're fs'ing you're really going to be hoping you recover fully by the time you make it back to where ever the party is waiting.

I'm not even going to suggest item loss because that's a total bummer and a real b#^@& if in a pkers paradise. However, perhaps a system where you lose a little cash, a little experience (based perhaps on how much xp had the last time you touched the obelisk?), and a temporary hit to your stats and skills.

K I'm sure I'll get flamed for this idea like happens with most of mine, so have at it. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: