Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chybi's Awakening
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chybi
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Chybi's Awakening Reply with quote

I know this isn't much and doesn't match up to the level of talent some people have(Manifold, Ripley, to only name a few), but it's all I have. I hope you like it. Basically, this is the story of Chybi's arrival in Daria from Akarra. Chapter 2 is in progress and should be finished shortly.

Chapter 1: Death

Fire flickered silently at Chybigohan’s feet as he watched the dark void that was Rimsin Lake. He sat alone surrounded by the few trees that remained of what once was the Rimsin Glades. The land had been decaying and an extreme rate for the last few months. More damage had been caused in a week than he had seen in his life. Life was draining from Akarra like sand in an hourglass. The Ranger was starting to think he should have left with the other settlers.

As the sun rose across the lake, sending it’s blood red reflection into the waters, he realized he had not slept, again. Chybigohan rose from the log he was sitting on and walked towards the lake. He splashed water from the lake into his face to wash away the sense of sleep. He grabbed his waterskin and dipped it into the lake to fill it. A split second later, The Ranger was underwater struggling to get back up for air. Each time he gained and inch he lost two, something was dragging him under. His hand broke the surface of the lake, sending ripples across the water. He knew his breath wouldn’t last long so he kept on trying to force his way upwards. As he continued to struggle his movements became slower and uncoordinated.

Chybigohan’s lungs burnt with a need for fresh air, yet he was no closer to the surface. He doubled his efforts when his visions began to fade. His extra efforts caused the darkness to surround him even faster. His body became limp and his vision suddenly became pitch black. He shut his eyes and when he opened them, he was lying in room that seemed to be made of light.

The Ranger without a cause.

Note to self: When faced with Human stupidity at it's best, RUN LIKE HELL

Last edited by Chybi on Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Felicia
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to read more, you already caught my interest.
Revived in Adventure!
Chybi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is chapter 2. Hope you like. Also I would appreciate that you send me a PM instead of posting if you have any comments on my story, this way I can keep a good continuity.

Chapter 2: Family

The Ranger stood in the blinding light, finally at peace with something within. He stared into the white nothingness, looking and nothing yet at everything all at once. His hand reached for his dagger when a woman draped in black appeared behind him.

“Chybi, Chybi, Chybi, ” her voice called mockingly. “Once again you meet me here, and still you cling to those human values. Hopefully, this time, you will forget my son.” The man flinched as the last words were spoken. “You and I both know that when you force me to forget, I also forget why you sent me. Mother.” His final word echoed through the air like a blade being swung, it’s tone clearly showed no love. “You know they would try to banish or even kill you if they knew what you were?” She spoke the question, knowing she wouldn’t be getting an answer. “I wish you would forget your problems with the humans and let me live my life.”
- “Unfortunately for you my son, your life is mine to do what I wish, it is the way of our family.”
- “Our family? Is that so, I am the last remaining soul of a fallen name. You send me to the humans so that I may find a way to end your banishment. Have you ever considered why the humans banished you and father?”
- “They simply feared our power and could not accept not being in a situation of inferiority.”
- “ They have a poem that tells your story, listen carefully. I won’t repeat it:

The couple walked in at dawn,
At dusk the town was gone.
Death and Chaos followed them,
Any they wished they would condemn.
The strongest sought to fight,
The weakest ran in fright.
T’was as dark of any age,
A war began to wage.
Great warriors fell to the ground,
Never again to be found.
Wizards from far and wide,
Found some help they could provide.
Death and Chaos they banished,
The land now safe them having vanished.”

- “And you believe this my son?”
- “Just accept it and go on with your life”

The woman walked over to her, placed her hand on his shoulder and whispered into his ear. “I pity you wasting you powers by simply accepting your fate. After all your father and I sacrificed to get you out of this cursed place.”

Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Chybi. =]
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Chybi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the third part. I hope you like. If anyone has question concerning the story I suggest they Pm me since I do not plan on answering most of them in my stories.

Chapter 3: Réveil

The hand around the dagger tightened, the sound of steel hung in the air as the blade was drawn. Chybi spun, the knife following his movements. The Ranger’s ferocity echoed through the room. His cloak glided to the ground, having been ripped away from his body by the violence of his action. Just as the dagger was about to connect with the woman’s chest, the Ranger disappeared, his armour falling onto his cloak.

The girl wandered through the forest carelessly. The path she followed curved towards the clearing on her right. The sun grasped her figure in its rays when she broke the circle of trees. She looked around as if expecting something. In the center she found a man lying face to dirt. She picked up a branch laying near the outskirts of the glade and approached the man. When she was close enough, she raised the branch of her head, ready to strike.

She nudged the man in the ribs with her left foot. After a few seconds, the man’s finger closed into his palm and his body started to move with life. He turned onto his back and stared into the sky. The sun diminished his vision, and all he saw was the dark outline of someone holding something while leaning over him. He looked around for sign of where he was and deduced he was somewhere in a forest. He got up to his feet and looked into the azure eyes of the blond haired girl. The instant was eternal, two being staring each other down as if knowing this would end in confrontation. The man sidestepped and started walking away. “Stop!” came the girl’s voice. He stopped in mid stride, tuning his head around as if asking what the interruption was. “Your dagger,” she said picking it up from the ground.” It isn’t mine, probly belongs to some merchant who dropped it.” Replied the man. “Well its shape seems to match with the shape of the empty sheath on your belt.” As the sentence finished she tossed him the knife. He grabbed it, shoved it in its sheath and continued walking away.

Last edited by Chybi on Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkHydra
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice writing style, very creative.
Chybi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the fourth chapter. On a side note, the story has just took a very sharp turn since it'll be connected to the Re-Novan story but I don't think I'll be including it in their topic. Well enough talking, enjoy. Oh and if you have any questions, Pm Me.

Chapter 4: Encounters

“Ripley, I found some…” the newcomer’s voice abruptly stopped when he saw the girl watching someone walk away. The girl’s eyes travelled from the man’s back to the familiar face and back to the stranger. “Ripley, who is that?” came the newcomer’s calm voice. “I have no idea Renovan. I found him here, he got up and now he’s leaving.” Replied the girl in a soft voice. Renovan called to the man but got no answer so he decided to run after him. “Hey! Hey You! Where are you going?” The man answered, as he continued walking away not even bothering to turn and face the other. “I don’t know, anywhere.”
-“We’ve just come from that direction, there is nothing over there.”
-“Good, I’ll be able to figure things out on my own that way.”
-“Come with us, you won’t survive long on your own over there.”
-“I’ll manage”
Renovan placed his hand on the man’s shoulder and tightened his grip stopping the man’s movements. Leaning closer he whispered into the man’s ear. “Come with us, I don’t know why you are here but it can’t be a coincidence.” The voiced showed no emotion but the words had a certain persuasive power behind them.

Isabel’s hand wrapped around her husband’s waist and pulled him closer and rested he head on his back. ”Have you seen what our son is up to Richard?” The man took the woman’s hands in his and held them lovingly. “No I haven’t Dear, I was too busy trying to find a way out of here instead of relying on him.”
-“Yes but this time it might actually work out for us.”
-“Why? What did that fool do this time?” With those words, Richard let go of her hands, and turned around to face his wife
-“Chybi, a fool? You dare misjudge our son?”
-I am not misjudging him. Has he done anything to get us any closer to being out of here yet?” His impatience releasing the anger within into his words.
-“Well you will not believe who he is travelling with.”
-“Well tell me woman and be done with this nonsense.”
Isabel stared into her husband’s eye wondering if she should tell him. “But I want you to try and guess Darling.”
-“I don’t have time for your stupid games woman.”
-“Silverglow.” With that single word she walked away. Richard’s face lightened up as he returned to his work.

The men and the woman gathered in the middle of the clearing. “Renovan, what do we do now?”
-“It’s almost dark, we should stay here.” The man replied after looking at the sky. Ripley’s field of vision shifted towards the stranger.
-“Who are you?”
-“I’m … I am.” The words trailed off, as he seemed to try and recall his name.
-“I am Chybi.” The words came out of his mouth as if another had spoken them.
-“Who are you?”
-“I am Renovan and this here is Ripley.” The man responded, cutting off the girl before she could speak.
-“What were you doing here when I found you?”
-“Wish I could tell you, but I don’t even know where here is girl. Anything you can tell me about this place?” Renovan and Ripley eyed each other as if looking for the answer on the other’s face.
-“I’m sorry we can’t help you, we don’t know where we are either.” The girl returned.
-“So since I’m going to be travelling with you, where are we going?” Once again Ripley and Renovan looked at each other as if they would find any sign of the answer in each other’s eyes.
-“Well the thing is we don’t have a clue of where we are. And we know even less where we are going.” Ripley watched the ground as she answered the question.
-“Well since we’ll be spending the night here we might as well set up camp. Chybi, find us some firewood and Ripley find us a few rocks for the fire pit.”

Chybi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: And he it is, after the long months of waiting, chapter 5 of Chybi's Awakening. Enjoy.

Chapter 5: Legends and Lore

A few minutes later, Chybi sat by a cracking fire watching the hypnotic patterns of flames dancing amongst themselves while Ripley and Renovan huddled across from him speaking in hushed voices. As he continued to stare into the flaming mass, its shape and position shifted; he was now holding a torch as he followed someone down a dark and damp stairwell. He tried guiding his body to look at his surroundings, but had no control over it. He felt trapped in his own body.

“Hurry up, Chybigohan, we don’t have all day. You’re not even allowed in here.” The leading man’s word echoed through the dark hallways when they reached the bottom.
-“Hexedian, I’m only here because you asked me to come. Why don’t you just grab what you need and bring it somewhere else?” The words came from his mouth without him having any input in what was happening.
-“Well, these books cannot leave the Turns of Fate library.”
-“So instead you decided to smuggle me in?” The follower asked as they rushed down the hall, their steps reverberating into the open doors and forks they passed.
-“Chybigohan, we’ve known each other for ten years, and you haven’t changed one bit; that ain’t normal. I had to do some research about it.” He stopped before double doors and slid a key into it.
-“What did you find?” He tried hiding the fascination in his voice. He had noticed the same thing as the Cleric a few years ago but had never given it any thought.
-“Well I’m not exactly sure, I found a few legends that have something in common with you but I doubt their words are true.” He closed the door behind the Ranger and locked it. The Clerk quickly grabbed a tube, dumped its content on the nearest table and gestured Chybigohan to read it.

The Erebi

As the Creator created us men, flawed, but perfect for that same reason. He gave us this land so that we could have a home. At first, he guided us, shielding us from the dangers. But as time passes his guidance lessened, for he was called to other duties. And so powers were given to the Ereb family so that they could restore the people’s faith. The Creator gave them a control of the elements that none had ever imagined, he also granted them immortality, for time no longer had an effect on them, although they could still be killed by other means. In the early years of their reign over the population, they opened our eyes to the creator’s wisdom. As time passed the Ereb began to grasp the extent of the powers they had been given. As their powers grew, their faith in the creator lessened. As time passed, the Erebi were created, a group comprised of the Ereb family and some of their followers. The Erebi declared war on the churches dedicated to creator, claiming the Ereb as the rightful gods. But, as with everything he creates, the Creator seeks to bring balance. The house of Silverglow was known for its faith in the Creator. They were gifted with powers so they could stand before the Ereb and fight. The Erebi rebels, not accustomed to the retaliation led by the Silverglow, were quickly put down. The Erebi were quickly forgotten as the next decades passed. Although the people forgot about the Ereb and the Erebi, the Silverglow did not. Hidden from the public eye, Ereb and Silverglow faced off against each other. As time passed, the battle slowly resurfaced to the public’s view. Blade met bone, winds swept troops, and fires destroyed towns. The Erebi numbers dwindled as the people sided with the Silverglow. Even though their followers were beaten, the Ereb fought on. As both sides battled for the control of the land, some men realised that they would be better off without the influence of the self-claimed gods. The greatest wizards from far and wide succeeded in banishing the Ereb to the void to escape their torment. Shortly after, the Silverglow peacefully accepted banishment in the name of the Creator, for they were as gifted as the Ereb and men feared history would repeat itself. Although they left willingly, rumours suggest they were cast out because of their will to have the Creator’s laws upheld. History came to be written as the Ereb being blackballed for representing mankind’s vile nature, and the Silverglow because they represented its purity. Time passed, and it was soon forgotten the Ereb and Silverglow had existed and waged a terrifying battle; they became simple characters of myth and legend. Although both had been ostracized to the void, their war still waged on. Ereb and Silverglow somehow seemed drawn to each other so they could end their conflict.

Avlon Silverglow
Former leader of the
House of Silverglow

The Ranger turned to face the other as he put down the scroll. The second their eyes met, the Cleric spoke up. “So what I read really is true.” Chybigohan looked at Hexedian, eyes in disbelief. “You think I am one of them?” His anger caused him to start loosing control of the tone of his voice. “Well, based on what I know and researched, I would say yes.” Hexedian’s calm and soothing voice contrasting with the Ranger’s anger. “Oh, so which one am I? The tyrant or the great saviour?” His anger finally getting the best of him. “That all depends on how you act.” And after a short pause he quietly and calmly spoke: “Ereb.”

The Ranger’s sword yelled as it was drawn, the tip whistling through the air. The man’s left hand slammed the other into a bookshelf and his blade stopped an inch from the Cleric’s neck. “How did you figure this out?’ The man’s rage filled the room. “Simple, you can ask Novan Silverglow of the Radian Souls to help you.” Hexedian stood facing the man threatening him calmly as if this was a casual talk in town. Chybi stood in front of the pinned man, looking at his sword then back at his friend wondering if it was such a good idea to physically silence him. The Erebi pushed the man into the bookshelf even harder, sheathed his sword and walked away. As he slammed open the massive wooden doors he spoke. “Do not tell anyone.” Even though he had made no threats, the message was still clear in his and the other’s mind that one had been made.

As Chybigohan walked down the dark hallway, trying to remember the path out, the torches along the walls spiralled into a single much larger source of light. The dark and damp hallway shifted out of view to be replaced with lush green vegetation. As Chybi sat staring into the fire, the couple across from him speaking in hushed voices, words raced through his mind. Ereb, Silverglow, Novan, Hexedian, Chybigohan, Erebi, War, God. Each thought passing so quickly that its concept went unapprehended into the dark thickness of the night. For hours he sat there as the night stretched on, the words rushing along. Near daybreak, the day’s fatigue overcoming him, he lay down into the long grass beside the fire.

Chybi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he it is, after some waiting, chapter 6, chaopter 7 is allready in the process of being written, hopefully I'll have it done soon.

Chapter 6: The Real Voyage

As Chybi trashed in his sleep, he felt a disturbance in the ground under him, it was different from what he remembered falling asleep on. He woke to the familiar but loathed Void where is parents lived. His mother sat near him watching down on him. She smiled as he woke. “Hide that smile, Mother. You and I both know how well these conversations always end.” He rose from the floor and walked to the table to retrieve his armour and his cloak.
-“Did you have a nice trip son? Your father and I are surprised you are back so soon.” She kept his eyes on him as he walked around the area.
-“Surprised? You should both know by now that my powers are tied to this place just like yours are tied to the material plane. Did you really expect yourselves to be able to keep me confined in your illusion of a world for long?” He fumbled with the leather straps on each side of the armour as he spoke with Isabel.
-“Of course we would have loved to have you gone much longer, but that illusion as you call it has served its purpose. Oh, and don’t bother with that armour, you won’t be needing it where you are going.” She continued to keep his eyes on him, almost as if she idolized the man. She watched him put a finger to his armour, which turned to dust, slowly tumbling to the floor.
-“And what was the purpose of that wonderful trip? Also, where are you sending me this time?” As he spoke, he placed his hands on his chest, making a sleeveless shirt appear where the armour had been before he had dissipated it.
-“Sit.” Isabel conjured up chairs near the both of them and gestured towards them.

“First off, that Illusion as you call it, was much more than you grant it to be. Illusions are crude and immaterial; you could have easily walked out of it even if it was just an accident. Your father and I have accomplished so much more. We've succeeded in sending your mind into a dream state where we could determine what you lived, saw and felt. We thought it would be a good idea if you were to remember some of your old - How should I say this? - Friends.” As she finished speaking, she looked towards Chybi who was staring at his hands. The man raised his head to look at his mother and opened his mouth as if to talk but didn’t speak a single word.

“As for your second query, you are going to Daria. A land strangely similar to the last one you visited. You are scheduled to meet the girl and her husband in a few hours, I suggest you leave soon, your father and I will arrange for your transport as you finish getting ready.” Chybi rose from his seat the second words stopped flowing from his mother’s mouth. He rushed toward his possession, his cloak and dagger, the only things he possessed which tied him to the Erebi. As he finished with his cloak he ordered his mother to summon her husband.

During the time Isabel was gone, the young Ereb traced sigils in the air whispering their names each time he completed the patterns. Each rune stacked with the previous one, forming an ever-expanding shape. When his father entered the room, he waved his hand in his direction and every single sigil he had drawn hit his father in the chest in the same order he had drawn them. Richard crumpled to the floor and laid there, his body unresponsive to anything his wife did to try and get him back on his feet. As his mother tried to tend to his fallen father, Chybi was already busy tracing a circle in the air in front of him. The line he traced burned with bright green flames and once the round was complete, its inside was devoured by the same greenish flames revealing a lush green forest. As he prepared to step into the ring, his mother’s voice rose up against the cracking of the fire.

“Wh. What have you d done to him?” Her voice shook with fear, certain words slipping in her mouth.
-“Why, nothing you wouldn’t hesitate to do to me mother.” He finished stepping into the portal he’d opened before Isabel could stop him. His feet tread the soft grass; he turns to watch the portal reduce in size until it’s no longer there. His eyes consider the surroundings, taking in every tree and rock he could use to his advantage. Something isn’t right, there is too much, too much to study, too much uncertainty, too many new things. After a few moments he pulls his cloak over his head and walks forward.

Chybi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here it is, a long time has passed since I last posted. This might be the last piece of story I write in a while. Rips is MIA and Mani is AWOL. I'm not sure if I want to continue this without them, and I doubt I have the motivation to keep it going without them. So read an enjoy, and consider this as the final chapter for now.

Chapter 7: Reunion

The next hour blurred by him as he marched through the forest, eventually arriving on the edge of a small settlement. The small rundown houses all set in organized anarchy. As the buildings drew closer, the ground under him shifted from soft grass to hard dirt beat with age. As the man wandered the streets aimlessly, merchant busied around him trying to sell him their latest crops or trinkets. Chybi ignored them, not even bothering to take the time to tell them off. His steps brought him face to face with an Inn. As he pushed the door in, he was greeted with an avalanche of drunken blabber and the nauseating smell of ale mixed with sweat. Slipping hi way through the small crowd, he made his way to the back of the room and sat at an empty table.

As more people poured in and out of the doors, the day moved on slowly. As the day went by he wondered why he’d come here. Near midday, he gets his answer; a familiar face strolls in, glances quickly around the room and grabs the closest seat. A few blinks of an eye later and he is already sipping on the house drink, as are all the other guests. Keeping his sight focused on the man he knows, he notices the door swing open out of the corner of his eye. At first he dismisses it, expecting another drunkard to be walking in to waste his pay with all the others already here. He would have recognized the girl in any situation. Her blond hair settles on her shoulder, Her gestures mocking him as she approaches the man, he dismisses the concerns she expresses in a raised voice. She grabs a seat at his side; the man’s monologue falls on deaf ears until he shows the girl a hooded man across the room. She eyes the man in the back of the room, unable to distinguish his face, she does however notice him twitch backwards when she stares in to where should be the man’s eyes.

Chybi draws back when the girl’s two azure eyes make contact with him. Joy and pain swirl through him like the winds at the top of the highest cliffs. The happy memories are crushed by the pain of unreturned love that are in turn swiped away by the girl’s beauty and naïve charm. “Raging Inner Passion, Living, Ever Yearning.” The words echo over and over in his mind, like the war drums beating before the great battles. The overwhelming emotions push him back in his seat. He shoves away the emotion he thought to be under control when he notices the blond haired man coming towards him.

Taking a chair from the nearest table, he took a seat opposite of the hooded man. Before Chybi could acknowledge the newcomer’s arrival, he had already leapt into action. “Let’s get right down to business Chybigohan, or perhaps you would prefer Chybi.” The use of his old name startled Chybi and before he could retaliate the man opposite him was launching another verbal assault. “Or maybe last of the Ereb line would be a more appropriate title for you ranger.” The name and attitude finally found a match in Chybi’s mind. “Silverglow. Novan Silverglow.” He slid the words in before his opposite could resume. “Maybe I should call you by your latest egocentric title. And, I see you’ve brought your wife too. Beauty and the beast indeed.” Renovan forced a laugh for a few seconds and cleared his face before relaunching the discussion. “Pleasantries are over my old friend. This is no time for callous jibes at my pas… What?” His attention shifted to the girl tugging at his arm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Night In Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: