Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

auction/sale - R
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of an item auction?
Awesome, i'd love to have it!
 41%  [ 10 ]
Maybe, it depends...
 50%  [ 12 ]
No way!, that's bad
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or the shops could be an actual building whose deed belongs to the player and was given to them by the founders of the town, like in puzzle pirates. and you could sell the shop to another player if you decide to become more of a hack 'n slash kinda guy. all fear sum ting wong, mighty relator of doom!

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like stant said, I think it would just be bothersome to have all these people posting plain items for aution. I think it would be neat if like once a month, the devs made a unique item for auction.
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well, I think the good thing about an auction house is the fact that you
1) Remain hidden so to speak
2) Its easy selling, and prices rise with inflation that is created by the player base.

Also it helps for things such as quests, if you need to create an item but cant seem to find the desired ingredient then it is most probable that it would be at the auction house.

Anyway not much more im gonna say on the subject at the moment.
BudMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great Idea.

You would have to have the gold at the time of the bid, the top bidder would not be able to spend the gold untill there was a higher bidder.
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always preferred the method of having a global chat channel dedicated to selling items. It takes up a little bandwidth but with the option of turning it on and off it doesn't have to be a constant annoyance. The person selling the item would annouce it and anyone who wanted to make an offer would (/t tell) it or (whisper) it to the person selling. They'd announce the highest bid so far and when it wouldn't go any higher they'd announce it as sold and make arangements with the winning bidder through /t use. There was very little spam as well thanks to close moderation. If someone was flangrantly breaking the rules of that channel a moderator would gag him preventing him from speaking over any global channel for a time. Continued offences were dealt with accordingly.

It was an effective way of doing business. One could make deals for newly recovered loot as he/she came back from a hunt, and by the time they got back to town would sometimes have a buyer lined up and waiting.

For bullentin board system of advertising items while offline I'd be just as happy to use the forum here.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather like a auction. I think it's too easy and not verry RPish. You just announce that you're seilling something and anyone who is intrested just buyes it after a little negotiatons

I would still like an auction. Another idea could be, that you can sell things on saturdays only and you can only but on Sundays
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me it would limit the number of potential buyers if they have to show up at a certain place at a certain time. Especially if there are several large towns and several different auction houses. Let's face it we hardly stay "in character" for the majority of the time we're online anyways. If people are trying to RP then they could simply turn off an Auction/Market channel.

Not against auction houses completely, just would like other options as well, if possible.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna remain anonymous, you can post as a guest...
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
BudMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but how could you sell it to them without them knowing who you were. Log in to daria as a guest? haha

you might wanna rethink that.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you see, there are a few reasons why I said that. Should one guest on the forum bid higher then the rest, that guest could PM the seller on where to meet, or at least start dialogue as to where to meet. Yes, the buyer loses hidden status to the seller, but then again, should someone be buying a nice weapon or armor set, it wouldn't be that difficult to spot them sporting the new gear anyway. Especially if it's for a uncommon weapon or something. You'd be spotted for having something that realistically you shouldn't be able to acquire. Then again if it was common gear that you're buying for cheap, it's common crap, so who cares how much you paid for it...

If someone else shows up for the trade, and gets the gear and pays the money for it, what does the seller care? They got their money. The original auction winner may be upset, but again, only they care.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: