Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

auction/sale - R
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of an item auction?
Awesome, i'd love to have it!
 41%  [ 10 ]
Maybe, it depends...
 50%  [ 12 ]
No way!, that's bad
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: auction/sale - R Reply with quote

Here's the idea:
In the major towns(or maybe in just one) there are an auction where people can sell their items. You can sell you're items there and you're profit are decided buy how much the item is sold for. And the auctionkeeper keeps 10% of the profit.
The item would be inte the auction house for lets say 2 days and if there's no bid the item returnes to the seller for a fee of 5cc.
The item will sill be there for biding when the seller loggs out
When you bid on an item you have to rise 5% over the current bid.
you can always see all availible items and their deadlines(2 days after the seller turnes the item in). But there must be something to prevent playes from biding when a few secounds remain, this could be solved buy this: when a player bids on an item with less than 5 min remaining the deadline is set to 5 min after that bid

What do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm.... As I said in the other post, it's easier to come here and post what you're selling and keep all the money for yourself.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Dormeydo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but that's a lot more work. You can just put the item in the auction house and log off if you like or sell it to an NPC.
You could get a high price on an auction, probely higher then then sell person to person but you loose 10%. perhaps 10% is too high lets say 5%
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arallu
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if someone bids way too much than he has?
Let's say, someone bids 400gc. No one would try to top that, and there's no way anyone would get to that... Seller loses two days and precious 5cc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, maybe you can't bid more then you have
And when you bid you put you're money in the auction house and when some one overbids you can collect you money there and bin again if you want
Sum Ting Wong
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna go with stant on this and say that im just gonna use the forum for all of my auctioning needs

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Enquillion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think auction houses could stir prices up a bit. Posting a sale would force you to reveal your identity. Otherwise it's "OMG, there's a sword for sale more powerful than mine, and it's not even on DE!"

That way, you could keep selling those really neat items without revealing your identity and getting PM spammed, both on the forums and in-game, with questions about how you get the item, rather than bids.

Of course, there are other ways around these problems, that don't even require new features. But hey, I find it a desirable option.

Though, I'm not voting in the poll. I don't like polls for suggestions.
Briza
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Auction Houses in World of Warcraft. It would be cool since I sit there and bid on cool items. But yeah, when you actually bid on the item you leave your bidding money at the Auctioneer so you can't bid more than you have.

Or you could set up Player Shops. You could be anywhere or the Dev's could set up a designated spot, maybe near a bank or something, and players can set up a Shop. The shop can be viewed when another player clicks on the player that is selling stuff and a shop window comes up. PLayers that have shops up could have a mini message above their head or something saying they have a shop open.
Arallu
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briza wrote:
Or you could set up Player Shops. You could be anywhere or the Dev's could set up a designated spot, maybe near a bank or something, and players can set up a Shop. The shop can be viewed when another player clicks on the player that is selling stuff and a shop window comes up. PLayers that have shops up could have a mini message above their head or something saying they have a shop open.

Like in Ragnarok Online.
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arallu wrote:
Briza wrote:

Like in Ragnarok Online.

Or Priston Tale Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: