Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apoc
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: problem? Reply with quote

I was wondering... when Daria gets its first playable version out, will there be a shortage on low lvls monsters for players to kill? (im not looking for any spoilers, just hoping there will be enough bunnies for all)
Assuming that all they players rush in the second the version out. (which I will Wink )

This question is eating me alive!! please awnser.
maestro
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, everyone will camp the bunny spawns. It will be like EG was in Akarra but fuzzier.
Apoc
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nooooooo! why can't you just lie to me?

...I hate camping on bunnie spawns.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first couple of weeks, odds are the lowbie areas will be crowded, but as the nolifers move on, and the explorers go out and look, and the others that just want a new less crowded place to hang move on, the areas will get more spacious.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Miklotov
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea is scarry !
lvl fast or die fast Very Happy
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume it would be very chaotic. At the moment the game is released everyone creates an account with a character and join the server(s). The beginning spot(s) will be heavily crowded. One newbie runs in them and shouts "There are bunnies south!". People build up fellowships for bunnies and we are titled "Killers of nature" while collecting their loot. In other words, one big chaos.
Smarter players seek out to search less crowded spots, which is what i'm going to plan. I wouldn't want to experience my first gaming hour with newbie's yelling "no ks nub!11".

It gives me a comfort feeling though that everyone is going to start equally the same level and build up respect or hatred to players.

The situation is probably going to be like when a new mall opens with major prices lowered and everyone running through the doors, stomping on everyone falling down while searching with their eyes consumed with greed.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Kalorian
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings up a good point and will have to go under further review and discussion. As we get closer to Daria's anticapated 1st release I am sure we will try to scale to see how many players we are expecting.

Another thing to consider is that the community seems to be half and half. Half U.S. based and half European based. The timezone difference may help seperate the mass bunny killers etc..

But for some of you storyline folks may find more fun in the storyline types of quests and not the killing quests to get your experience from. I think the key for us in the future is to make sure there are different types of quests for newbies so players have other options than sitting on top of bunny spawns.
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well an idea that people had was to have different starting towns, so every player wont be in the same place. But even if they do that it will still be crowded. Theres already 214 people registered.
DarkHydra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance ya'll are going to start registering accounts before it's released, so it's waiting for us instead of us waiting for an admin to be online playing?
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if in akarra the dev's could spawn monsters for the town invasion, why not just have MASS BUNNY SPAWNS, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA.

anyway, spawning hundreds of bunnies instead of just the normal bunny grounds would help alleviate the rush a little

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: