Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday Dev Update #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malaro
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i just went crazy... literally.. i yelled so friggin loud my mom yelled back.. and everyone came into my room to see what was wrong..
I AM CALLING EVERYONE AND TELLING THEM!!!
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: You should be ashamed. Reply with quote

thewreck wrote:
Lorsaelos wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to see just another Akarra.

Oh, i dont know, i think a know a couple who would.

Wink

Like me Very Happy
And I just think all FREE 3d mmorpg suck. Wow is great, my friend has it, I dont wanna pay $180 a year when I can play a 2d one for free.
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about the games you play, but every single 3d game ive played (rpg that is, doom3, halflife2 and those others are exceptions since fps) lacks storyline. It's like "oh, look here, we got 1337 graphics, we dont need no story, just look at that spell and forget bout any story". Personally, i'd rather have MUCH worse gfx if it comes with better gameplay and storyline and community. Akarra has accomplished that for me. I personally don't care if the gfx are exactly the same, i'd play it. I remember asking khaile for a lower-version client when pa13 came out since my pc at the time couldn't handle it. even recall saying i'd play it even if it was text-based with the same gameplay. That's how much i like the game. It's truly the only one of its kind (well, the engine, since the games are somewhat simular). If you don't like the fact that the graphics aren't amazing 3d or isometric 2d or whatever the hell you were hoping for, i'll just say that you're playing for all the wrong reasons.Enough said...

P.S. don't start pointing out spelling / grammer mistakes / w/e, since im sick atm and barely able to stay awake, much less concentrate
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Everyone takes the weakest sentence I say and pulls it apart.

I'm not even going to bother explaining. Did anyone actually get my point or what?
Xofia
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origon wrote:
i dont know about the games you play, but every single 3d game ive played (rpg that is, doom3, halflife2 and those others are exceptions since fps) lacks storyline. It's like "oh, look here, we got 1337 graphics, we dont need no story, just look at that spell and forget bout any story". Personally, i'd rather have MUCH worse gfx if it comes with better gameplay and storyline and community. Akarra has accomplished that for me. I personally don't care if the gfx are exactly the same, i'd play it. I remember asking khaile for a lower-version client when pa13 came out since my pc at the time couldn't handle it. even recall saying i'd play it even if it was text-based with the same gameplay. That's how much i like the game. It's truly the only one of its kind (well, the engine, since the games are somewhat simular). If you don't like the fact that the graphics aren't amazing 3d or isometric 2d or whatever the hell you were hoping for, i'll just say that you're playing for all the wrong reasons.Enough said...

P.S. don't start pointing out spelling / grammer mistakes / w/e, since im sick atm and barely able to stay awake, much less concentrate

Actually, Akarra didn't have that much of a storyline either, but we were able to see hints of how large it was really going to be. The main attraction of Akarra for me was the community... it was just better than a lot of games I've played.

Anyway... the preview was pretty... through the music was odd (sounds sort of familiar, heh...), so... I guess I liked it, lol. Made my heart ache with how familiar it was, lol. Keep on working... Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Origon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lors, if you mean me, it was NOt directed at you personally, just at everyone who was saying how "unimpressed" they are and how they "expected better graphics". and Xof, i never said it has to have all 3, even one will rank it higher on my scale then any 3d rpg
Sum Ting Wong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with xofia, the community was the big upside to it, in addition to the actual graphical representation of your equipment and the fairly small client, since i used to have like a 12k internet connection. but the community was fairly nice, not like tibia or something, where everyone in the game is an asshole

Still around the corner they may wait,
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akarra pwned. I grew up with the NES. I prefer that kind of graphics. Save the flashy candy ass stuff for the little kiddies that need special effects to enjoy stuff.

Old Guy voice: "In ma day we only had 8 bit and we loved it... Colors were a much needed step up then that two bit pong stuff... Now you kids got that fandangled sixy four bit grafics 3rd dimension accelerated, you play the game once and you're done with it. Heee hee he he he! I still play ma old games, ya know why? Cause they got story and replayablility... Not 'Sin City' sparkle and pizazz that distracts you from what you really should be looking for in a game." ^^
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God
This is the best day of my life...

I love those gfx, it's like the akarra gfx but better. Its still the cute gfx i loved so much, but it's improved a lot

This is awesome
I owe you so much allready
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nebbish
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i first found Akarra i was looking at loads of different rpgs and just downloading them without looking at the screenshots. Because i wanted to try lots of different ones quickly. Now when i first opened akarra the first thing i did was laugh at the graphics. At how bad they were, but out of total boredom i played on.

If it wasn't for the luck of the boredom i had before i installed akarra i most likely wouldn't of had a second thought about this game. But after the first half a hour i got addicted and learned to love the game and the graphics.

The moral of the day is that graphics don't mean that much, they are just an added bonus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Development of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: