Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Briza
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Classes Reply with quote

Hopefully a wide variety of classes like WiA had. Wouldnt want the same ones but maybe not the same old you have to be a Fighter that is best with a sword and not a mace, a archer thats good with only crossbow, and wizard with lightning as the best spell, have a WIDE variety.

Fighter -> Pole-armsman -> Pikeman - Specializes in Pikes (medium-ranged weapon with swinging abilities)
-> Spearman - Specializes in Spears (Medium-ranged weapon with thrusting abilities)

Just an example if you want I can suggest a class tree which you could pick out or scrap the whole thing I don't care I just want to help :E:E:E!! So cool once teh Alpha comes out I'm stopping playing WoW!!! ANd I'll p2p the alpha of DoD Very HappyVery Happy Haha I sound so nubbish k ill stop talking! (Just so excited!)
Gazeibo
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see the possibility of Sword-Dancers like in WiA as i enjoy equipping my characters with swords rather than shields, also fast agile characters appeal to me...
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly I would love the possibility of Mages and wraiths and of course necromancers, but as long as there magic there thats what im going for, Unseen University anyone. Razz
Luna
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be nice to see some odd status attack/support type characters, to supplement the usually mages and fighters. Perhaps it could be a thief specialty.
Pacce
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully The Unseen University will be reformed Smile
Nazzy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea as far as i know Arallu is planning it Very Happy and hopefully we can drage everyone out of hidding lol doubtful i know but meh it may happen. Anyway back onto topic yea a thief class could be fun however I would like to see some obscure mage and cleric classes, as warrior ones are well documented and clerics and mages are not, so peoples imagination can run wild.
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather see a system where what you train in; you get the experience in. One which would not be limited by levels, only by stats (which would come along during getting the skills). All skills would be unique and trained more or less seperately. This'd create much better character handling and allow multi-classes as the user pleases.
Gazeibo
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ruis, levels are a nasty restriction especially if you have the technical abilities to become a good fighter/mage/cleric of a particular class, although a level restriction should be implemented but not a restrictive one as this could stop low levels putting all stats in 1 area and not having a character balanced enough character to progress efficiently. Overly relying on other party members.
Nazzy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinka system like FFXI would be good personaly, such as levels are still implemented for streth and such and it goes up by a set ammount per level sort of thing. Howere you can inprove a weapon skill by using it and it naturaly increases you skill with it as it would in real life.
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a system where all invidual experiences go towards "level", without level max, but instead a gradual increase on exp-gain loss for everything? This would allow characters to eventually become "top-tier" at everything, but each step gets harder. I personally very much dislike limits.

Also, a possibility to delete skills could come along. You'd exp faster in skills you want if you gave out some skills you think you would never need again. Gives very much possibilities to alter your character and this way newbies can't fuck up. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: