Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playerkilling - R
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LookinToDie, what if I kill someone with magic? My spell book gets bloodstained? Sad
Dormeydo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, good point enq Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the bloodstained idea that was expanded on by LookingToDie is....well.....bad. It favours the rich (and mostly highbies are rich) since they can just toss their armor and buy new ones easier then some midbie. Also about the lvl2 thing, the lvl2 is an EXAMPLE, it can be any level, but the newb-chat is good however
Apoc
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: evil pkers Reply with quote

Since PKing is and always will be considered a crime there will always be punishment for it. A simple and easier to code punishment would be that the pker wouldn't be able to gain exp from killing monsters for a certian amount of time(which nobody can afford to loose not even highbies). Also they should be recognized in public as a pker under this duration of time so they are forced away from society and have to live out their pk time away from most towns. If you still pk under these conditions.... you really must hate sombody. Very Happy
Apoc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: evil pkers Reply with quote

ignore this

Last edited by Apoc on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forcing pk'ers away from society and not exping is like saying "you know what, too bad" and soon no one will pk. Thats like having a no-pk system anyways. There should be penalties, but not enough to completely discourage it
Dormeydo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tripple post! Evil or Very Mad
you can edit you know Wink

I dont think there should be too much restrictions to be a PK. I don't think it's good if you van't gather XP while you are a PK, that's way too harsh IMO
Yeah, PK is a crime, but crimes happens on every society so it's not against any rules. I think that it should be possible to live as an outlaw. I realy liked that PK city that was suddested some time ago. In that town you set up bountys on peoples (people you dislike)heads. And if someone kill him and brings something to prove that he killed him he would get the bounty or a part of it.
Everyplace in the word has outlaws, so why won't daria have outlaws?
This would cuse a war between the lawful and the outlaws. I thinkl the lawful are grater in nubers so the outlaws will have a huge dsiadvatage here.
This could also generate quests such as the lawful destroying the outlaw city or vice versa
To make the outlaws less then the lawful (they must be, so it can be some order in the game) the outlaws have a coupple of disadvatages, it must be hard to play as an outlaw. But they get rich if they succeed

I don't know it this would work in the game though Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Apoc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why shouldn't pking be a rare occurance. Having a game full on people trying to kill each other isn't exactly a fun rpg.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
LookinToDie, what if I kill someone with magic? My spell book gets bloodstained? Sad

Well, if you accept magic as far as killing somebody with a spell, then you can imagine a certain magic behind a spellbook becoming bloodstained after the kill ;P

Either this or the poor bastard's head exploded from a direct collision with a fireball peppering you and your equipment with blood and brain tissue ;F

In any case it seems more realistic than a flashing neon sign over your head reading 'PK' ;E
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
I really like your ideas stant,

They're not just mine.

Talonz wrote:
However, I don't know about this comment: "Should a god favor PK, one could go to the god to brag about their kill to remove the status." I don't think somebody should get instant redemption for a PK (as in costing much less time and money).

It wouldn't cost less. That was an alternate suggestion to get rid of PK status with a god who liked death. They still have to wait out the timer like everyone else. The difference is in this case, the player is happy about the kill, and so is the god. Thus neither of them are sorry for it and forgiveness would never be asked, nor granted. Yet people still hunt PK players so to remove the status, you gloat about it, offer the kill up, to your god, wait the timer and the status goes away. It's not a cheap cop out, it's an option for those who won't feel sorry for it.

LookingToDie wrote:
the PK status in Stant's post is somewhat spiritual.. Seek redemption from a god, seek forgiveness from the mob Mad IMNSHO it should be more material,

If you go back and read it a bit more, you will come to a section that states that:
Code:
Then it was brought up that what would one have to do if there was a no god option or they wanted to lose the status without getting forgiveness or doing a religious quest.  The result of that came to be that should you not follow a god, talking with a town mayor/king/guard captain/mob boss/whatever would give you a quest where you could do something for them, and upon completion, they'd make it go away.  An alternate option that came up would be for those who hate to quest, would make them talk to one of the previously mentioned people, and they would multiply your time by 5 and remove the quest requirement.  In this case we feel that your character waiting out this extended time would be like allowing for enough time to pass that people would forget what you've done.

There is nothing spiritual about those options. Trust me, we covered more then just one angle with everything.

Talonz wrote:
One more question, you said they don't drop items. Would they just drop money? Or would there be any other bonus for killing somebody? If so...any specific amounts you two discussed?

It was our opinion that the extra drops encouraged the killing of PK players and was not acceptable. If drops occured when someone was killed, it would have to be applied equally to everybody. Thus meaning that if a player kills and gets 25% of their victims carried money, then that is just the rule that is used. None of this the player who is PK randomly drops an item from their inventory. Why should the PK player drop more then someone who isn't? Especially if their PK was 'justified'...
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: