Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playerkilling - R
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talonz
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Playerkilling - R Reply with quote

What do you think of PKing? Any ideas? Yes? No? Please say so.

I want others to post before I put in the ideas I've come up with.

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought: There is no perfect system of PKing, someone will always complain about faults, loopholes - things that people can abuse, etc. Therefore, I will sit back and watch this conversation, and eventually accept the PK system in Daria.
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Avaith
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like arenas, where you can have like a pk tournament.
Also dont like being lvl 10 and getting killed by a lvl 50 just because...

EDIT: Also think a dueling system would be nice. You could challenge someone to a fight in town, without the gaurds getting angry

Last edited by Avaith on Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thandrophir
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should only be certain areas where PKing can occur, but it still has negative effects in 'safe' zones. (Over priced items, chased by guards, rude NPCs, etc.)

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full pk, safe zones with guards.
Why? Imagine yourself in a situation where a moron keeps killstealing from you all the time and you can't do a thing to him.
If that could be prevented from happening, I wouldn't mind if PKing was more restricted.
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be a system for PKing. If someone KS's u, u should warn them. The next time hit them. The next time kill them. If there are people that just have fun with random killing then they should be punished severly to discourage it. Maybe with a loss of ten lvls. The player may be able to appeal this to an admin if they feel like it was just a joke.

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pehaps PK's could have a bounty on their heads. So you can become a bounty hunter.
For example a person who kills 3 people have a bouty of 6sc(the nubers are for the dev team to decide) on his head
If he's killed one his bounty drops with one sc. You could also pay the temple some money to forgive you're pking. But this must be restricted, like you can only be forgiven one a week or something
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts run similar to the Akarra system, with some variations to account for it's weaknesses, of course. ;P

- PKing should be allowed, and there should be no level protection. Spammers were very annoying because they knew they could just say stuff repeatedly and not get PKed over it. Not so much a factor were KSers who abused their below level 15 protections to KS and and tell you to fuck off afterwards knowing it didn't matter how strong any of your alts were, they were protected, they knew it, and they didn't care much. If there is any kind of anti-PK device it should be that low level characters cannot PK unless in self defense. But I don't expect that to gain very much support.

- I liked how self defense was set up so that you could respond in kind to a PKer and not suffer from the drawbacks of being PK yourself. The time limits were entirely too short though. They'd hit you and run and if you didn't follow they'd come back and hit you again until you responded... Each time though they'd get far enough away and then stop so that the timer would expire and you'd hit them and self defense was set up against you. Bad bad bad... Especially if you were already busy with other creatures that were hard enough to kill without a PC pest messing with you. One hit should be like forty hits. The self defense timer should be set up to run for something like 5 minutes at the first hit and add 2 minutes on each following hit, rather then just accumulate a few seconds of time each hit. Many times, someone would hit me and as I was in the process of teaching them a lesson, the self defense timer would expire and be set up against me, and then I'd get PK status after that. It would also be nice to see the countdown timer on the screen, rather then just the notice that it had been set up.

- All PKers, in self defense or just plain agression should suffer from some time in murder status. Those in self defense should have it wear off in something like 30 minutes (or less should they seek advice from a religious NPC), whereas those that commit murder out of agression should have to wait the 10 hours, as well as going to a spiritual leader and complete an atonement quest. This would make choosing a religion have some importance being that only the priests and priestesses of the religion you chose could help you remove your PK status. It would let those who wish to always retain PK status keep it because they can choose not to do the atonement quests. It could also allow for something like the opposing religion's priests are the only people who will sell you things, basic things like potions and lanterns and such, but only because they're using you as an example of why the other religion is bad, should this game want to go that route.

- Certain NPC's shouldn't give a crap about your PK status. In Akarra, no one wanted to deal with you. In Daria, for some NPC's that live outside the law, it shouldn't matter to them. Example: Marvin The Sneak was supposed to be a master thief. He knows about breaking laws, he may live up to a no killing standard himself, but then again, he should know that if he's really out there to make some gold off of players (and he did), he should deal with anybody. Maybe provide his services at a higher rip off rate then normal, but provide them none the less.

- To combat career PKers, a system could be set up where the number of PK's you commit (not in self defense) get logged, and every 5 PK's adds another hour to your time total wait timer. This time should also be cumulative so as you couldn't kill someone to get the 10 hours, then just kill and kill and kill, because you know each of your kills only resets the timer to 10 hours. Example: First kill 10 hours, second kill +10 hours, third kill +10 hours, fourth kill +10 hours, fifth kill +10 hours, sixth kill +11 hours, seventh kill +11 hours, eighth kill +11, ninth kill +11 hours, tenth kill +11 hours, eleventh kill +12 hours and so on... By the time you reach this eleventh kill, you will have to have waited 117 in game hours, plus done 11 atonement quests, or have been forgiven by the player(s) you PKed to get rid of your murder status. Waiting the 10 hours, completing atonement and then PKing again does not set you back to the first kill, as I said, all PK's should be logged. Should you commit 5 PK's wait the times on each of them, done the atonement quests, you're walking around and decide to PK again, your sixth PK starts the timer at 11. You're still a career murderer even if you don't carry the status, thus with 0 hours on the clock, 11 more are added. However, the dev team may be lenient and have those PK's that are forgiven be removed from this record so they don't count against you being that they were forgiven. This also allows for a player to truely seek a second chance in game by getting forgiveness for all his or her PK's and thus moving their counter back to zero. Should a player on your list become inactive, whenever a database cleanup of the server is done, characters/players who are deleted from the database are also removed from your list. That way you're not stuck with some noobs on your list that quit six months earlier...

Um... I think that's it for now.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people said there should be no restriction PK, since some poeple ks. That is true, but what if some elite modest ass thinks thats its funny to kill everyone since he can? There will always be people like this. And since there is no restriction they can, so no one will be happy. Like stant said, if someone attacks you, then you can have the permission to kill him. But if you kill someone for no reason, then there should be a jail in each town. If the guards catch you in the town, they will take some of your money, and a random item. Then you would have to spend 10-15 minutes in jail. It would add a little more rp to the game.
LookinToDie
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there shouldn't be any restrictions on where to kill.

As for the penalty you get for PKing, one aspect I didn't like in most games I've played: how do ALL NPCs know you've murdered someone, even if you'd done it quietly in another town, left no traces and burned the body??? Same thing with your name flashing red for all other players (but his can't be avoided or I don't see how). Maybe your murder should only be known in a radius of 15 mins walk from the crime scene? You get the red name and NPC's don't talk to you. Outside of this zone you are normal again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: