Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Title System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gazeibo
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem with the paying very expensive amounts idea for any custom title you want is that a lot of the highbies who will tend to be richer oftenly love their 1337 words and offences which are funny but a little lame for a Character Title. I can imagine it now,
t3H 0rG45M1C pH15H Rusileipa says "Hey kids"
Ruisleipa
Posts until end: 920

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's offensive! Razz I never type stuff like that B<

ps: gaezboi lololoo. Neutral
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it pretty safe to conclude that we don't want custom (as in, fill it in yourself) titles unless they are moderated? :)

If yes, then we can work from there without hinting at this over and over. :P
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should a title system be implemented, I'd like to see some originality in them. All the clich├ęs such as "sir" "lord" "knight" "a guy with a fizzlestick"(wizard :I) etc. are quite boring Neutral
Origon
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazzy, its always possible to separate the name and the title, meaning with mouseover it shows both and yet chat is just one, for example i see someone, check who it is and find its "Enquillion the Fizzler" and yet when he talks, its just "Enquillion: <blah blah blah>" But as for the title system itself, purely custom titles would waste too much time to moderate and money wouldn't be a balanced enough restriction on it. It's true that the usual titles should be avoided as Ranskis pointed out, but we'd still need a lot of them to make for a wide variety. I myself very much dislike titles given after quests or accomplishments because it tends to generalize people. Lets say in WiA people got a tag for doing the quest to kill those rabbits/rats on the farm. How many would you see with that tag ? Personally i think enough to give you a headache. At the higher levels where people are fairly balanced out, it'd be almost the same thing but with the higher-level accomplishments and quests. Either giving us a huge list, or some general words we are allowed to use in the titles to make phrases such as a long list of words and we select the words, or even a list of words / phrases we cannot use and the filter checks - would be the best ideas. Then again, this is just me here...
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origon, I meant that you could pick new titles with each accomplishment. You just don't inherit a new title. For example: Killing 10 rabbits allows you to name yourself "the Bunnihilator" or ", Slayer of All Rabbits". Then if you kill 10 wolves, you can name yourself ", Syke's Tool" or "Wolfbane". Most of these are suffixes. :P

You merely get a greater selection with each accomplishment. You can name yourself "the Bunnihilator" even if you have accomplished something epic. Though well, it's not the greatest idea, I agree with that.
maestro
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that titles should be given out on very very rare occasions. Maybe on some type of event or something like that. To have custom titles just makes it quite boring after a while. A title should be something to be proud of, and honestly, you won't be proud of a title if pretty much everyone has it.

I don't think that titles is such a big deal, and if it should be in the game it shouldn't be common.

An idea might be to have a title that isn't permanent. For example, the highest level character gets a title and have it until he isn't the highest level anylonger. Then of course the new highest level character gets the title instead.
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it'd have to be a very large variety each time or we'll get half the community as "The Bunnihilator" and the other half as "The Fizzler" or something of the sort. But i have never liked objective-based titles because you need to do something before you call yourself that. Like enquie doesnt HAVE to fizzle a lot to be called "The Fizzler" (yet he will anyways). I feel that objective-based titles place too much of a restriction
thewreck
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been reading this post through now, and tagging on to the statement in the announcement that there are factions you must tend to, im just gonna add to the discussion.

a Title isnt something you choose, or is displayed next to you at all times. Titles is thing different factions call you. If you are in real bad relations with a specific town, the people there might talk about you as the Child murderer <Name>. While in another town, that is at war with this town, you are called The vigilant hero <Name>

Keep it coming.
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in other words...titles that change depending on location and how your relations with the inhabitants of that location are ? SWEET !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: