Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Title System
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellocube27
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Title System Reply with quote

I think a title system would be neat.

Perhaps if you complete 4 quests or so for the Prince, you could recieve a badge that changes your name to "Knight (character name)". Other NPC's, such as a whitch, may give out another badge item, such as a pin or charm that changes your name to "(character name) the Warlock" These could fit in your jewelry spot in your inventory, and the title part of the character name would be displayed in a distinguishable colour.

It may not be useful, but it'd make the game more interactive and personal- just like an RPG should be! Smile
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, if this is implemented, there should be a fairly wide variety of them, but of course WITHOUT custom ones, otherwise im sure we can all agree we'll have people with titles such as '<name> OWNZ J00 !!!111' and 'U SUKK!!!1OMG' running around fairly soon. Unless of course some content restriction is placed on these
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas of titles a lot. I like how in Akarra you had a clan title. It distinguished people apart and such, so I think there should be a title like when you reach a certain lvl, complete quests and whatnot
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what is the real difference between a title given at lets say level 50, or a floating sign by your head, saying "Level 50". It's all the same and does nothing, really if there is no variety. Its like at the higher levels, everyone has the exact same title so you're back where you started
Steven
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Origon, maybe if we make a queue that has to be checked my Moderators and Administators before people can successfully make the Custom title that wouldnt be a problem =)...
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure they'll have other things to do instead of scrolling through hundreds of custom titles, but actually i had something more along the lines of having custom titles with like a word filter...True that it'd have to include a lot of words....and phrases, but its probably the easiest way to allow custom titles without causing admins / moderators / whoever to go blind scroll through the lists
Steven
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah unless we just made it really exspesive for a title then not but 10% of the game would get it =) but I like your idea sounds easier...
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make it too expensive, no one will have it making them be fairly useless, not expensive enough - too many spammers, but yea, another thing is just have a huge list of possible ones that people can choose from, so they are already pre-checked names allowed by admins and still fairly custom if the list is big enough, and i dont mean like 10-15 names, more like 100+. Either that or filter / checking by people
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a rather funny game I used to play - it's called Kingdom of Loathing, a web-based game with loads of humor and parodies of every other game in existence... uh, where was I? In that game, you had a simple list of accomplishments - such as having finished your training with the Toot Oriole (Tutorial, but it was a bird, just one example of the humor). Something similar could be used, the more and the greater the accomplishments were, the neater titles could you pick from.

However, I think the clan tags are quite enough. Smile
Nazzy
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea to a degree but can we see a problem with it, Dialogue Box
'Nazzy The Warlock says ' Hi ''
'Luna The Warrior says ' mornin' Nazzy''

Is it only me that thinks that would be slightly annoying? and take up alot of space. So im happy just with the clan tags Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: