Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poof
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Characters Reply with quote

Short and simple, eh wreck? ;P

Simply put, let us have 4 alts. I ask no more.

Also, a suggestion by Enq... It would be nifty to only have to add a persons account to your friend's list. Enq's reasoning for this is ... Say some one gets a bad rep. They delete all of their characters, create new ones, try to get into good clans.

It would be a good way to keep track of people, and to know who to let in or give the boot.
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am being a bit reluctant about suggesting before I have something to base it on... :P

Giving out account names kind of takes away some privacy too, since these can be used to "hack" or guess passwords and so on. However, a member number, that would be easy enough. Write down numbers of bad people for reference. :)

Edit - Elaboration, using the Akarrian "template": Enquillion has the member number 1337 and is an associate to Enq, Enqui, Enqier and Enqiest.
Origon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets say person A has account named "account" with number '1'. Now lets imagine he's a complete jackass and everyone hates him. What is stopping him from simply creating a new account to get into those 'good clans and guilds' may i ask ?
Cei
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah.. this is not useful...maybe only for admin..but not for player...there's gonna have many player in the new games, all kind of people..if someone act like an ass...its is problem..but if he delete is alt..and main caractere and restart..why should we know it? if on the second start the player is much better then the fisrt..but cuz of the bad reputation thats everyone know who he is..so i can't do a funcking thing..then leave the games and we loose a player who just want a new departure..sorry to say that...but I think its a bad idea and only admin should know who is realy who when someone delete alt..

WE should juge the people on the present not on the past..

Enquillion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to arrive at the same judgment again in the present, which could be that I made a mistake in trusting someone, a mistake I had made before. An example would be:

Idiot screws me and ten others over, Idiot gets hated by the community. Idiot deletes all his characters. Idiot regains trust because he's cunning and not stupid enough to give himself out instantly, and he's not easy to identify. Idiot screws everyone over again. Rinse and repeat.

Origon's point was good, however, I was assuming that we'd use the same account system as in Akarra. Sure, there would be leaks, but I bet most people would be kept from recreating, and those who got past and then were exposed would probably be really bad off, banned perhaps?
Gazeibo
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Cei people should have the oppurtunity to reclaim their worth in the community even if it means restarting yourself and regaining a different identity. You wouldn't like it if you screwed up by mistake and didn't have any oppurtunitys to re-identify yourself in the community. I know of 3 highbies in Akarra who reclaimed their worth without anyone knowing still no one knows who they are... a good example of that. But it is true identifying old players would be good through an accounts system, but i'd only like this system if only admins could see the account stats and be able to deal with them fairly.
Enquillion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people will always have supporters. Even Gon had followers. To contrast your statement, I can name a few people who had a horrible reputation but got better, all while we saw it.

But hey, being a clan/guild leader, I wouldn't want to recruit someone like that. The first thing I'm exposed to is abuse of trust, as in claiming to be someone else? Forget it. And then all the fuzz about half the community thinking it's this and that person, for this and that reason. Some people who have a grudge with this person get upset with others for not dealing with them, but it's all guesses. A much more reliable indicator would be this member number.

Nobody is going to say no to having this ability themselves. But hey, how many in Akarra would say no to 10 free gold coins? And if everyone received 10 free gold coins, would that really be good to the economy? Hope you can see the analogy. Smile
Malystryx
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't agree with someone being able to know who your other characters are. There are times when I just want to go off and adventure alone and it doesn't work well if someone can figure out who I am because I'll be asked to do this and do that. Yes, the argument can be to just say "no" but the point is that it's difficult to RP as someone else if everyone knows who you are to begin with. If you want someone to know that you play a specific character, you can tell them.
Origon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Maly, but it'll always be hard for devs to allow you to keep your identity private while letting clan leaders and such know who your alts are and what kind of a person you used to be. One will have to be sacrificed for the benefit of the other, and im strongly in favour of anonimity
maestro
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. I would like to be able to create a new character without anyone knowing who I am. More mystery in the game please. Smile I remember having this discussion in the Akarra forums a long time ago.

Well, I even dug up the old thread I started on the akarra forums. That pretty much cover my views.[Click here]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: