Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rech
Posts until end: 960

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Moving! Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this idea for quite a long time, and I think it would great to see it in Daria.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could move instead of just standing still like some ancient tree-gods? Maybe you could point and click on the screen with your mouse and the character would move there, or maybe you could also use the numpad to choose a direction to move to?

I think it would make the game more exiting and enjoyable if you could actually move around and explore your surroundings. Completing quests and killing monsters would also become much easier.

What do you guys think about this?

BatMUD!
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:DDDDDD
Thedeya
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Unheard of! Reply with quote

Marvellous! This is something the developers can't simply pass by. The best thing since the letters "B" and "D"! (available at your nearest keyboard vendor)
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude wtf lol, that has to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Why dont the people stay still but everything around them moves instead.
Dormeydo
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe his talking about old akarra game at http://www.sorcerer.de/survival/
Is that what you're talking about?
You know that's not THE game!!

Edit: OH did i forgott ROFLMAO!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thandrophir

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving? Pffft, like that'll ever happen.

You kids and your crazy hippie ideas.

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, think your suggestions through. I see a lot of bad sides to this.

1) I estimate that approximately 0.0021%, with as much error margin, of the community would thoroughly enjoy it if we were all ancient tree-gods. I think it's very ignorant of you to even suggest something that would ruin the game experience for this substantial portion of the players.

2) Just too hard to learn. I mean, I assume that Daria uses a grid system. Else I'll suggest it. Anyway, how would you tell which grid you're moving to? What if you click on the border between two? Even if the border is by default west (or north for the horizontal ones), it would be very ugly if we could see the grid. And else, we're like, totally bound to move in the wrong direction.

As for the NumPad solution, which I also feel is terribly rushed, can you imagine how frustrating it would be if one accidentally pressed NumLock while moving? They would become immobile or just keep moving in whatever direction. This could, in turn, slow their exp/time ratio down by 0.005% downwards. If we just stand still and automatically attack whatever spawns beside us, it will be much more reliable.

3) What if two players run into each other? Won't they get pissed? Maybe we'll need traffic rules to handle evasion issues. Which brings me to the point that we might need walking licenses for this. And it would terribly slow development on much more useful suggestions (COUGH) if the developers had to evaluate who's worthy of a walking license, and who's not.

These are just a few, there are probably more. Now please think your next idea through a bit more. Don't just post the first thing that comes to mind. Geez.
Vilinh
Posts until end: 900

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand wat your tryin to say but i think its somethin like you can move around while the screen loads. It kinda sounds like player world games which i really didn't like. I liked akarra cuz u knew where u were going

Good luck on Daria. May there be no lagg
Thandrophir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enquillion wrote:
Man, think your suggestions through. I see a lot of bad sides to this.

1) I estimate that approximately 0.0021%, with as much error margin, of the community would thoroughly enjoy it if we were all ancient tree-gods. I think it's very ignorant of you to even suggest something that would ruin the game experience for this substantial portion of the players.

2) Just too hard to learn. I mean, I assume that Daria uses a grid system. Else I'll suggest it. Anyway, how would you tell which grid you're moving to? What if you click on the border between two? Even if the border is by default west (or north for the horizontal ones), it would be very ugly if we could see the grid. And else, we're like, totally bound to move in the wrong direction.

As for the NumPad solution, which I also feel is terribly rushed, can you imagine how frustrating it would be if one accidentally pressed NumLock while moving? They would become immobile or just keep moving in whatever direction. This could, in turn, slow their exp/time ratio down by 0.005% downwards. If we just stand still and automatically attack whatever spawns beside us, it will be much more reliable.

3) What if two players run into each other? Won't they get pissed? Maybe we'll need traffic rules to handle evasion issues. Which brings me to the point that we might need walking licenses for this. And it would terribly slow development on much more useful suggestions (COUGH) if the developers had to evaluate who's worthy of a walking license, and who's not.

These are just a few, there are probably more. Now please think your next idea through a bit more. Don't just post the first thing that comes to mind. Geez.

That has got to be the most sarcasm I've ever seen in one post, very well done.

The artist formally known as BlueHyren.
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so stupid... it just might work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: