Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrael
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yech. I was hoping crap like this topic wouldn't appear until well after the game was up. I suppose it was foolish to even consider that.

As a friend of Kestion's, I feel I need to put my two cents in. I respect him a lot. He has a good heart and he honestly tries to do what's right. Sure he slips up, but who doesn't? I know I do constantly. Am I a bad person for it? As someone else said, nobody is perfect.
Now, I don't know most of you horrbly well. More or less as passing aquaintances. I don't know if I ever actually saw Dw- ingame(yes, I know the ingame name). Any dealings I had with Hood were almost always with Kestion or Cannibal, clan-related or not.
I now ask the question of the nature of this topic. What is it? If Kestion is as bad as you all seem to be saying, it is quite clear. It's a sinking, a pit. By doing this you have sunk down to the level you claim he is at. In fact, you have sunk lower. For what? Revenge?
Like I said, I don't know you that well. But I think you need to ask yourself a question. Is a bitter revenge worth a friendship? Is a silly argument over a clan in a game that no longer exists worth losing a friend? Because that's what posting this topic WILL do.
Logic would seem to say no. If the answer is yes there is no real reason for complaint in the first place. If the answer is yes, and the friendship means that absolutely little to you, it was never a friendship at all. It's would be impossible for Kestion to betray a friend who was never a friend at all. If getting back at him is all you care about, you are the one who is the true betrayer.

Why do I say this? Because I know. I've seen. I've experienced. I almost lost a friend when he did let me down, betray, if you will. It was over a girl. It felt like my heart was shattered into a million pieces, both over what I thought would be a lost friend and the girl. But you know what? I forgave him. I had to. He was my friend. I could have held on to the bitterness and let it fester. But, I would have lost a good friend and every memory and story I had of my friend would have been tainted by a darkness. It what friends do. They forgive each other.

Put the situitation in perspective. It is foolish to hold a grudge against someone for something so absolutely trivial. There is no need for it.
Kaoryn
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Response. Reply with quote

Cry me a river...

"An Optimist is the Human Personification of Spring."
Dw
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yech. I was hoping crap like this topic wouldn't appear until well after the game was up. I suppose it was foolish to even consider that.

Nice flamebait :o
Quote:
But I think you need to ask yourself a question. Is a bitter revenge worth a friendship? Is a silly argument over a clan in a game that no longer exists worth losing a friend?
Because that's what posting this topic WILL do.

You could've said that to Kestion aswell, I don't see that his message differs that much from mine. And how am I supposed to be a friend with a person whom I could never trust again?
Quote:
Logic would seem to say no. If the answer is yes there is no real reason for complaint in the first place. If the answer is yes, and the friendship means that absolutely little to you, it was never a friendship at all. It's would be impossible for Kestion to betray a friend who was never a friend at all. If getting back at him is all you care about, you are the one who is the true betrayer.

Okay. So he's free to do whatever he wants to, because he's Kestion, but I should just sit back and smile while he pours shit on me so I wouldn't be called a betrayer? ¦)
And no, I brought up this topic just to make this mess clear once and for all. After this is over, I'm not going to bother to get into another mess like this again (read: screw politics).
Quote:
It is foolish to hold a grudge against someone for something so absolutely trivial. There is no need for it.

Looking at what he wrote, he seems to be holding a grudge aswell.
Talonz
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gossip
What's the latest gossip in Dawn Of Daria?
Moderator Dev team

Go post it in the akarrian forums or something. :P

This... This must be a nightmare! Those eyes... It's like looking into the eyes of the diablo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Dw was the last combatent to post so he wins, wait, Kestion didn't even post - he's too good to argue with us, aaargh

Don't end the topic, keep it alivvvve!
Or
<Lock>
Poof

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
Quote:
Gossip
Moderator Dev team

Go post it in the akarrian forums or something. :P

Best post yet. :|
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talonz wrote:
Quote:
Gossip
Moderator Dev team

Go post it in the akarrian forums or something. Razz

Heh. Solid advice there Razz.
Cannibal
Posts until end: 1000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Nuclear war? Reply with quote

You want a Nuclear war. Here are the facts. Pure and simple. So next time you want to talk about who is "backstabbing" who.. you have the facts right.

I caused Kestion to leave Hood and make Just. Do you understand? All that betrayal, I caused. I had Sexy as my Clan Title.. but I wanted to be with Kest again, and I couldn't come back to Hood for a number of reasons.

He took his members with him. Maybe I should say "Our". Although not every Just member knew me.. by that point I'd become sad.. at the state of affairs in Akarra. I ran off to play a stupid game, that I don't even touch anymore.

All this anger.. it does nothing.

I PAID for Just. Do you understand that? I gave all of my quats.. to Kest.. he was nearly broke all the time from helping everyone he cared about. Mainly he was broke becauase of that stupid E Tegha.. But my point is.. I did it. I caused all this. So I'm the one to blame Ransk. Blame me. I can take hate. I can take pain. No one else has that right. None of you. Hate him if you want.. for being poor because he was always buying people gear to help them get strong fast. Hate Kest because he was nice.. and honorable and there for people. Hate Kest because he was a good leader, that wanted to protect his own. You can hate him for those reasons, but you cannot hate him, because I gave him the Quats to afford creating his own clan. Pure and Simple. Hell, hate him for the PM. That is within your right. But you cannot hate him for Just. That was my sin. Don't slander him with it. Slander me.

-kneels respectfully before Ransk- Truth, Brother. Maybe you'll forgive me.
Origon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, i won't blame JUST on kest, but he knows what he did for me to loose whatever respect i had left for him...
BudMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never met one single person who was as honorable as Kestion. I think most of this is misunderstanding. Sure Kestions PM was alittle blunt, But it was true. Hood was nothing without Kestion and Cannibal. You can't have a clan with 3 inactive leaders. Kestion was the one recruiting memebers and doing most the work.

There wasn't any one person who cared about Honor and Justice more then Kestion. Although sometimes we didn't see eye to eye. He was nice to just about everyone, helped anyone he could. If you have anything bad to say about Kestion, your going to have to go through me

Kestion- I concider you a good friend. Remember that besides your fellow clan mates you got me. I will stand beside you till the end, your enemy's are my enemy's. .

Dw- I don't really know you very well at all. Most of the times I seen you were trying to pk someone in hope and running around spamming noob nonesense. You shouldn't take it so personal though. Kestion left and people followed. Get over it.

Last edited by BudMan on Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Gossip All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: