Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Ideas...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: My Ideas... Reply with quote

A couple of my ideas...Basic, Advanced - Whatever you wanna call them Cool

Leveling System -
Give an experience meter, such as (x,y) where:
-x is the current amount of experience
-y is the amount needed to level

And when you level, I liked the idea of those crystals an stuff...Just make it opposite of Akarra; Lower leveled crystals are easier to obtain than harder...a lot better in my opinion.

Amount of monsters -
Well, seeing the world/map will end up being a LOT bigger than Akarra's, I'd suggest a bigger variety of monsters. Instead of starting a person out with fighting/zapping the hell out of rabbits, make it where a person can have more variety, farm animals tend to be fun. As a higher leveled go from farm animal and stuff to those wooded monsters, I forgot the names of them, Then to wizards, faction members, boss-type monsters...so on and so on; it's the devs choices.

Texture/Enviroment -
I liked (sorta) how the enviroment in Akarra was. Wooded area's had a swampy look, open fields looked like - well - open Rolling Eyes ...
Instead of grass; It'd be cool to see a bunch of textures/enviroments such as:

Grassy
Snowy
Mountains/Rocky
Underground
Swampy
Forest
Evil
Holy
Scary

Get the idea?

Currency:
Golds, Silvers, and Bronzes (i think it was) was pretty cool, but have a better one (in my opinion), more solid and easy to use. I'm not talking go to the basic GP, Gold...or somthing like that, but a creative one - it's up to the admins to come up with somthing of their own...

Weapons:

In Akarra - The weapon system was poo, A more solid weapon system could lead to some other stuff. The weapon system could go basic; The basic:

Wooden: sword, stick
Iron: longsword, broadsword, dagger
Steel: longsword, broadsword, dagger
Gold: longsword, broadsword, dagger

and so on - but make a few unique weapons too; such as + bonuses -
+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
(maybe) +6 (event weapon)
My idea is pretty much clear, I guess...

Armour:
Same as weapons; Go sorta basic - in some cases less is more, in this case the creativity can be cut down from Akarra - You guys tried tooo hard to have a unique armour/weapon system...still a good job, with the armour you can also have a +1 - +4 bonus...

Tradeskills
What I mean by tradeskills - as you probably know - is skills that can lead to making money;
Farming
Blacksmithing
Crafting
Potion Making
Fishing
Mining
Arrow/Bow making
Etc. Etc.
In my opinion - no game is complete without them, gives an extra year or two until a user maxes out the stats, maybe even more Wink

Guilds:
I loved the guilds in Akarra...But a more in-depth guild system could be invented...Such as guild fortresses or somthing that guildmates meet up and can possibly;

Form partys
Talk
Wage war
Challange a duel with other guilds
Change allies with factions or whatever
Play poker, checkers, chess...

Just an idea - Guild fortresses would be awesome

Mini games:
Have little chess tables, checker tables, whatever... placed out throughout towns and things where players can gamble items or gp on certain things...Plus it's somthing fun for those who are in the game just to kill time

Combat Skills -
Instead of a wide-ranged skill such as fighting, magic, archery...Have more in-depth skills; such as:

Swords:
Longswords
Broadswords
Shortswords
2-Handed

Blunt Weapons
Staffs
Polearms
*Forgot name* (basicly a pole with a blade at the end)

Axes
Heavy Axes
Hatchets

Magical
Wands
Staffs

The reasoning behind this is because it would create realism. I mean realism because in a way, a person would have to train in different weapons for a while to master them because of different weights, balances, stuff like that

Events:
More in-game events would be cool, Not just spawning 100 hard monsters in a town, but moreover funner ones - It'd be up to the admins to decide what...

I'll post more of my ideas when they come to mind, I've all ran out so far
Dw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the Sword of Instagib +666.
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guilds:
I loved the guilds in Akarra...But a more in-depth guild system could be invented...Such as guild fortresses or somthing that guildmates meet up and can possibly;

Would require an ingame editor so the Guild leaders can decide where to place it, how it looks, how big it is (related to money cost) and etc.
I don't find it needed but if there would be a quest and if completed by ALL guild leaders they would have the opportunity to create such a guild home, the size is related to the cost and so is the textures (an adamantite floor costs more expensive then a wooden). If everyone would be allowed to go in isn't suitable either so there should be a seal preventing from non guild members to enter. Perhaps a dexter-like teleporter to teleport you to ONLY your own guild home and back. Doesn't need any space in the world map and no intruders.

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Lorsaelos
Posts until end: 750

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My Ideas... Reply with quote

Milktoast wrote:

Halberd?
Manifold
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My Ideas... Reply with quote

Lorsaelos wrote:
Milktoast wrote:

Halberd?

Spear, Halberd. Polearm, Axe, Scythe, Glaive.. some more?
I raise my glass and say "here's to you".'

The DOD News - http://darianews.talonz.com (Lying Dormant)
Milktoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah! Halberd, thanks...

The guild hall/fortress thing can be protected by somthing like a door that lets only guild members in - The system does a check in the guy's character to see if he's in the guild, if not - the script opening the door can just die (or not work for that one person)

The guild leaders would need to complete a few quests to get access to this being-able-to-create-a-guild-fortress/house. Not just 1, but like 2-4 big ones...A dexter teleport would be pretty cool...

Maybe instead -
Have it all automated;

Guild leader completes series of quests, or that one quest...
Guild hall is automaticly built; But have it bare minimum;
Walls
Floor
Door
And have it to where the leader has to buy all of the other stuff; Fancy carpeting, nice walls...etc.

Idea: Have a guild treasury Smile
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, I find this to be a kind of pointless thread.

First of all, you're making very basic suggestions such as item structure and leveling system. That's something they've likely decided on and will use in the first playable release, and keep unless there's a tsunami of bad feedback directed at it. Almost like asking them to rename the world.

Some topics (at least Tradeskills) have been brought up elsewhere. Beyond this, it's just too much in one thread. That's probably causing me to look down upon this more than I would otherwise. All the suggestions can't be discussed in one place.

I do, for example, like the minigames idea (even though I've seen it elsewhere). I do not like them getting one line in your post and being just one of twenty ideas you're hurling at us. :/
Milktoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, overall, I think I did pretty good with my ideas, considering I was awake on 2 red bulls (energy drinks) and a butterfinger (chocalate candy bar)...If you want I can always spam out 20 different topics about what my ideas are?
Enquillion
Posts until end: 700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaborate, not posted before, and preferrably not a ton of basics that have probably already been decided upon. Yes.
Milktoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, I'll come up with somthing else or somthing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: