Dawn of Daria Forum Index Dawn of Daria
Official forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

According to the screens, you could brighten up everything
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pre
Posts until end: 600

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milktoast wrote:
I got it; The dev team can add an option for brightness....

Brightness:

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i dunno

Your computer already has that option.
Milktoast
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I guess I could always try that as well..Thx
Minty
Posts until end: 940

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the brightness corresponds to the area... ish. For example, if you're in an isolated valley haven where the people have lived in peacey-happy-land for hundreds of years, the devs would simply make the scenery brighter.

But brightness doesn't always have to be happy. Think scorching desert-of-doom being very bright.

Also, this might be hard to impliment, but consider real forests: when you're deep in them, it's pretty dark, no matter what time of day it is. However, outskirts and some types of trees allow for more sunlight, and dappled sunlight would be a beautiful addition to the game.

I guess my point is there's nothing wrong with the way the screenshots are. Darkness is fine to look at as long as there's clarity. I would be quite happy if the majority of the Darian world looks like those screenshots
Thanquol
Posts until end: 800

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't have the whole Darian world looking glum, there has to be some nice bright places for you to have picnics in.
Stant
Posts until end: 500

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a happy place where you can hear the birds amongst the trees, and see many rabbits scattered upon the ground...

All freshly killed in a successful attempt in satiating that bloodlust for about 5 minutes. Ahhhh. Bliss.
This change isn't because of Kal's request to change it, it's to tell the community that I'm pissed at him because he fucked me over by not sticking up for me when he should have, instead he blasted me. I have no problem with Daria or any of it's other staff. It was changed in response to his lies about fixing it, which he did NOT do.
ecllipse21
Posts until end: 980

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luna wrote:
No! Dark is good! I'm sick of all these happy cutsie little mmorpgs, they make me want to tear my eyes out. Dark is more real and more fitting to the story. In fact the less colour the better, so that when you do use it, it has a stronger effect.

I could not agree more, lets kill things with dark bloodlust and watch their bodies twitch while we cackle!

Anyways yeah the darker the better (but you gotta be able to see) it always gives a since of danger which is good in a hack&slash RPG. Good stuff Very Happy
Archosseus
Posts until end: 850

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stant wrote:
Yes, a happy place where you can hear the birds amongst the trees, and see many rabbits scattered upon the ground...

All freshly killed in a successful attempt in satiating that bloodlust for about 5 minutes. Ahhhh. Bliss.
The first thing coming to my mind is an elementalist... Standing there right in the center of all of them unleashing a spell of expanding fire and burning every living thing around him and laughs while seeing the leftovers of the critters and wrecked tree's...

Oh and yes, there has to be variation in the term of 'light'. As far as i know the only things in the old Akarra that had different light:
- Caves, dungeons, interior
- The whole timed days, dawn, noon, afternoon, evening, night etc.
- Items that gave you a higher light radius.

I can tell now already, it would have been fun lurking around the tree's to engage battle with them darklings in Wraith Woods while it was still day outside.

If only the zap spell had a light radius around it. After all its electricity, so when it would have been casted you should see a small light radius around it...

Remembered as Just Anubite, Blue of the Gifted

Brother of Justice..

AKA Symbiont..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn of Daria Forum Index -> Inventors of Daria All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: